Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Rounding problem
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Rounding problem Post 302103381 by shash on Thursday 18th of January 2007 04:33:12 AM
Old 01-18-2007
Thanks! This works perfectly.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rounding off using BC.

Hello again. I'm trying to use BC to calculate some numbers in a shell script. I want to have the numbers rounded off to 1 decimal place. for example: initsize=1566720 zipsize=4733 I'm trying to get the ratio between them. the equation is: (($initsize-$zipsize)/$initsize)*100 so... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: noodlesoup
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rounding off the value of Floating point value

Hello, i have some variables say: x=1.4 y=3.7 I wish to round off these values to : x = 2 (after rounding off) y = 4 (after rounding off) I am stuck. Please help. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: damansingh
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rounding off to the next whole number

Hello, I searched a lot on this Forum. Please help me with the below problem. I want to divide two numbers and the result should be the next nearest whole number. E.G. Dividing 10.8/5 ideally gives 2.16. But the result should be 3 i.e. rounded off to the next whole number. Any help will... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: damansingh
2 Replies

4. Linux

Rounding Script Help

I need some help with my rouding script. I have started pretty much from scratch and have no idea if its correct or even close but I have been trying and have gotten to this point. i keep getting syntax errors and im not sure what is wrong. Here is what I got let value=$1; while do let... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingrj46
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rounding Script Help

I need some help with my rouding script. I have started pretty much from scratch and have no idea if its correct or even close but I have been trying and have gotten to this point. i keep getting syntax errors and im not sure what is wrong. Here is what I got let value=$1; while do let... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingrj46
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Rounding a decimal

Hi, I am currently using tcsh I am trying to round a decimal number to the ten-thousandths place For instance: 1.23456 is rounded up towards 1.2346 I am not looking for truncation, but for rounding. Anyone know how to do this with awk or expr? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: miniwheats
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rounding number, but....

Dear Experts, I'm trying to find a way to round a number but in this way: 14367.577 ---> 14000 I used the following to round the number to the closer integer: echo $var|awk '{print int($1+0.5)}' and also: xargs printf "%1.0f" However, they don't work for my above... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gery
9 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Rounding up to nearest whole number

Hi all of you, Would be great if you help me with how to round up to whole number from my input values like 2.99996,2.17890,3.00002,-2.3456,-2.7890 o/p should be like 3,2,3,-2,-3 thnks in adv!!!! regards (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Indra2011
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Rounding off a decimal

How to round off a decimal number to higher whole number using ceil command in unix? Eg. 4.41 or 4.11 or 4.51 should be rounded off to 5. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: SanjayKumar28
11 Replies

10. Programming

Problem with rounding using lrint

I run into a situation when integer result of 81 * 0.5 is 40 (expected 41) when using lrint() function. When I use a simple +0.5 approach results are right. The code is: #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <math.h> int main(int argc, char *argv) { const int ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: migurus
3 Replies
GVMAP.SH(1)						      General Commands Manual						       GVMAP.SH(1)

NAME
gvmap.sh - pipeline for running gvmap SYNOPSIS
gvmap.sh [-vV?] [ options ] [ -o outfile ] [ files ] DESCRIPTION
gvmap.sh takes as input a graph in DOT format, performs a layout, runs the output through gvmap and renders the output. At some point, it is hoped to integrate all of these tasks into gvmap. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -a k The integer k specifies the average number of artificial points added along the bounding box of the labels. Such artificial points are added to avoid a country boundary cutting through the boundary box of the labels. Computing time is proportional to k; hence, for large graphs, a small value of k is suggested. If k = -1, a suitable value of k is automatically selected based on the graph size. By default k = -1. -K layout specifies which program should be use for the initial layout. By default, sfdp is run. Also by default, the layout is passed the flag -Goverlap=prism. This can be overridden using a -g flag. -T format specifies the final output format. This works the same way as the -T flag for any Graphviz layout program. -N attr=val specifies the setting of a default node attribute during the rendering phase. This works the same way as the -N flag for any Graphviz layout program. -G attr=val specifies the setting of a graph attribute during the rendering phase. This works the same way as the -G flag for any Graphviz lay- out program. -E attr=val specifies the setting of a default edge attribute during the rendering phase. This works the same way as the -E flag for any Graphviz layout program. -n attr=val specifies the setting of a default node attribute during the layout phase. This works the same way as the -N flag for any Graphviz layout program. -g attr=val specifies the setting of a graph attribute during the layout phase. This works the same way as the -G flag for any Graphviz layout program. -e attr=val specifies the setting of a default edge attribute during the layout phase. This works the same way as the -E flag for any Graphviz layout program. -A flag specifies a flag to be passed to gvmap. For example, gvmap.sh -Ae -As3 causes gvmap -e -s3 to be run. -v Set verbose mode. -V Print version information and exit. -? Print usage information and exit. EXAMPLES
The following invocation creates a map with edges in semi-transparent light gray and nodes laid out using sfdp: gvmap.sh -Ae -Ecolor=#55555522 -Tpng foo.gv > foo.png It is equivalent to running the pipeline sfdp -Goverlap=prism foo.gv | gvmap -e | neato -n2 -Ecolor=#55555522 -Tpng > foo.png AUTHOR
Emden R. Gansner <erg@research.att.com> SEE ALSO
gvmap(1), sfdp(1), neato(1), gvpr(1) E. R. Gansner, Y. Hu, S. G. Kobourov, "GMap: Visualizing graphs and clusters as maps," Proc. Pacific Vis. 2010, pp. 201-208. 31 March 2011 GVMAP.SH(1)