Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: VIMRC question ????
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting VIMRC question ???? Post 302103369 by gk_linux on Thursday 18th of January 2007 02:06:16 AM
Old 01-18-2007
OK

Let me make full clear what I need,

Actually If Iam clicking the ICON in the folder it is giving the issue like as follows

A Java Runtime Environment (JRE) or Java Development Kit (JDK)
must be available in order to run Eclipse. No Java virtual machine
was found after searching the following locations:
/root/Desktop/set_up/eclipse/jre/bin/java
'java' in your current PATH

so If Go to the path accordingly and Iam giving the command like as follows....
export PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/jvm/java/bin

then the eclipse open....

but if say I close the eclipse and open again in both way it give the same error...

hence again I am supposed to export the path.

What all I need is to keep this comment in the .bashrc file so that when ever I loggin I get the eclipse open

Can now anybody let me know what I havet to do for this....?????

Regds
GK

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

bc question

i'm trying to parse a file with lines like the below where i need to get a diff on the 169-182 so that the result is 13 for instance. I was looking into using bc but am not that familiar with embedding it in a script. john8:9. 169-182 any ideas are appreciated! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nlevens
5 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Please Help me out with this question

. Make a new copy of mars.txt called marsx. What happens if you give the following commands when the files bio and marsx both already exist? Don't guess, try it! a) cp bio marsx b) mv bio marsx (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohit.katpalli
2 Replies

3. Solaris

editing crontab with vim and using .vimrc

Hi since we migrated from Solaris 8 to Solaris 10 I do miss a nice feature when editing crontab with vim editor: no more color highlighting after starting to edit. Well there is a hack, see below. I did define: export EDITOR='vim -c ":source /export/home/duc904/.vimrc"' Under Sol8 when... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: duc904
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Question about -n

Hello there, New user/ poster that just joined, really quick question as I couldnt find it through the search function In this script echo -n "enter your username " read username if then echo "Hello $username!" exit 0 else echo "You did not provide a vaild name!" exit 1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingpin007
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

vimrc help with line endings

I was reading this and thought I could put this in my vimrc and it would convert the line endings to unix. Am I doing something wrong or am I missing something? set ff=unixManaging/Munging Line-Endings with Vi/Vim | Jeet Sukumaran I used this command and it confirms that my global option is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating bashrc and vimrc using scripting

I am trying to write a bash script that will create a .bashrc and .vimrc. I was wondering if anyone would know how to do approach this. Would this work if there was no .bashrc file minus the "stuff" echo "stuff" >> .bashrc (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: meredith1990
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Difference between .vimrc and .exrc?

What is the difference between .vimrc and .exrc? I google it but didn't find the brief explanation? Regards ADI (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: adisky123
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Vimrc creating tabs instead of spaces

I'm having trouble getting my vimrc to work the way I want it. For some reason after I hit enter it is creating tabs instead of spaces like I would expect. Here is an example of what I am talking about. $ = newline, ^I = tab. On the line of struct EDGETAG* q; I hit enter and it created a tab... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Double quote in vimrc not take as comment

Hi, 1. I'm using tcsh and I use a .gvimrc file which was working fine with my previous ksh shell. But while sourcing, I'm getting messages like 'Unmatched " '. I'm not trying anything fancy but just using " for commenting in the very first line and I see the error is thrown right there. 2.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rishikpillai90
2 Replies
AIRPORT-LINKMON(1)					      General Commands Manual						AIRPORT-LINKMON(1)

NAME
airport-linkmon - Wireless link quality monitor for the original Apple AirPort Base Station ("Graphite") and the Lucent RG-1000 base sta- tion SYNOPSIS
airport-linkmon DESCRIPTION
airport-linkmon allows you to measure the signal strength and noise on the wireless links between your base station and its associated wireless hosts. OPTIONS
airport-linkmon accepts no command-line options. airport-linkmon is a wrapper script around the LinkMonitor.jar jar file located in /usr/share/java/airport-utils. You can set the JAVACMD environment variable to use a specific JVM instead of the one chosen by the wrapper script. Set the DEBUG environ- ment variable to 1 to get the debug output from the wrapper script. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
DEBUG Set this variable to 1 to get the debug output from the wrapper script. JAVACMD The full path to the Java Virtual Machine to use. By default, the wrapper uses JAVACMD; if it is not set, it looks for JAVA_BINDIR/java, then for JAVA_HOME/bin/java before looking for a java executable in the PATH. In the latter case, the JVM used can be configured using the Debian alternatives system (see update-alternatives(8)). JAVA_HOME The full path where your JDK/JRE is installed. JAVA_BINDIR The full path to the directory where the java executable is located. JAVA_ARGS Extra command-line arguments to be passed to the Java Virtual Machine. AUTHOR
airport-linkmon was written by Jon Sevy <jsevy@cs.drexel.edu>. This manual page was written by Julien BLACHE <jblache@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). May 20, 2006 AIRPORT-LINKMON(1)