Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Setting path
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Setting path Post 302103184 by tayyabq8 on Wednesday 17th of January 2007 01:35:52 AM
Old 01-17-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by radhika03
Hi,

But i dont want to use absolute path in my shell script as the folder structure may change
Can you show us then what you are putting in your script to run the command and the path of your command and shell script?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Global PATH setting

I am using Solaris 8 and I want to change the PATH setting for all users. I have edited /etc/profile, but when I log in and check the PATH variable, it hasn't changed. Am I missing something? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jxh
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Setting path for GCC?

Dear all, I have downloaded the latest version of gcc --- gcc-3.3.1.tar.gz from gnu.org. My Linux distribution is Mandrake 9.0. This was how I installed it: su - passwrd: mkdir /usr/local/src cd /usr/local/src gunzip /tmp/gcc-3.3.1.tar.gz #where I downloaded the file tar xvf... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: HOUSCOUS
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help on setting path variable

Hi there, I need help on setting the path variable. How can I set the path variable with Bourne Shell. My scripts goes like this, but did not work. #!/bin/sh PATH=/usr/bin:/usr/ucb:/etc:/export/home/zchen/home export PATH Thanks, Z (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: randomcz
4 Replies

4. Solaris

Problem Setting $PATH

I am trying to install the pkg-get package to a fresh install of Solaris 10. I am able to download and install correctly using the default directory for both pkg-get and wget as found on blastwave.org. When I issue the command "which wget and which pkg-get" it returns no wget or pkg-get found in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: greengrass
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Setting PATH - Vanishes

Hi , I new to solaris. I want to set path variable . Eg: JAVA_HOME. When i do this, #JAVA_HOME=/usr/jdk/jdk1.6 #export JAVA_HOME #echo $JAVA_HOME /usr/jdk/jdk1.6 Then its ok. When i toggle to bourne shell or if i log off or restart. then JAVA_HOME is echoed blank. How to set... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gnanagurus
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Setting path names

I am in a directory called /abstracts Doing tree -d gives . ├── geo1936 │ ├── geo01n01 │ ├── geo01n02 │ └── geo01n03 ├── geo1937 │ ├── geo02n01 │ ├── geo02n02 │ ├── geo02n03 │ └── geo02n04 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Setting up a private path

Hi all, This is probably a very simple question but I couldn't even think of how to phrase it intelligently so google could tell me the answer. Basically I am a user on a server, I am not the admin and do not have root privileges. I have downloaded a bunch of programs that I need to use and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DavyK1984
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Is there any $PATH default setting?

This is a very newbie's question: I was trying to add a new version of the same command "blastn", but the old command always shows up first. which blastn /usr/local/bin/blastnThe two versions of the same command "blastn" are located in: which -a blastn /usr/local/bin/blastn... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Setting class path

hi , can anybody help me to chage the class path in unix server.. what are the files need to update .... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Madhu Siddula
2 Replies
RBASH(1)						      General Commands Manual							  RBASH(1)

NAME
rbash - restricted bash, see bash(1) RESTRICTED SHELL
If bash is started with the name rbash, or the -r option is supplied at invocation, the shell becomes restricted. A restricted shell is used to set up an environment more controlled than the standard shell. It behaves identically to bash with the exception that the follow- ing are disallowed or not performed: o changing directories with cd o setting or unsetting the values of SHELL, PATH, ENV, or BASH_ENV o specifying command names containing / o specifying a file name containing a / as an argument to the . builtin command o specifying a filename containing a slash as an argument to the -p option to the hash builtin command o importing function definitions from the shell environment at startup o parsing the value of SHELLOPTS from the shell environment at startup o redirecting output using the >, >|, <>, >&, &>, and >> redirection operators o using the exec builtin command to replace the shell with another command o adding or deleting builtin commands with the -f and -d options to the enable builtin command o using the enable builtin command to enable disabled shell builtins o specifying the -p option to the command builtin command o turning off restricted mode with set +r or set +o restricted. These restrictions are enforced after any startup files are read. When a command that is found to be a shell script is executed, rbash turns off any restrictions in the shell spawned to execute the script. SEE ALSO
bash(1) GNU Bash-4.0 2004 Apr 20 RBASH(1)