Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Mksysb Equivalent For Linux?
Operating Systems Linux Mksysb Equivalent For Linux? Post 302103121 by Corona688 on Tuesday 16th of January 2007 02:04:04 PM
Old 01-16-2007
What sense is 'system image' meant in? Does AIX bring the system offline and make an image of the entire hard drive, or is it doing something else?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

windows startup equivalent in linux

hi all, greetings, please tell me how to start a java GUI program in the startup of the machine. since it invokes a GUI is it possiable to entry the same in /etc/rc2.d/S99userdefinedfiles. thanks in advance ., :-) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raguramtgr
1 Replies

2. Linux

Linux equivalent for daemon2

Hi all... In my Unix system a program exists called "daemon2" which is responsible to enqueue program executions. For example, if I want to make the system to enqueue lpr executions for certain users, I call daemon2 with lpr as the parameter. Is there an equivalent in Linux? Thanks Jaime (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jstuardo
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ufsdump equivalent in linux and unix

Hi all, I am preparing for a worst case scenario. Say i have a production server A, should A fails ( for whatever reason), i want another server B to take over. How can i move everything from A to B? Assuming i have regular backup of A. I've searched in the forums, and briefly came across... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: new2ss
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Equivalent for iostat -e in AIX HP-UX Linux

iostat -e gives the soft, hard and transport error information in Solaris. What is the equivalent command in the other flavors of Unix AIX HP Linux. Thanks Prasi (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prasi_in
1 Replies

5. HP-UX

hp-ux mksysb equivalent

Hi Guys, Does hp-ux has mksysb equivalent with aix? Or something similar that you can save the system config. Or you just backup the boot image, that's it. Thanks in advance, itik (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
3 Replies

6. Linux

Linux equivalent for...

I moved to a Linux system from Windows a few months ago. Most of the programs I had been using were already native to Linux (Firefox, the GIMP, Pari, etc.) and most others I found a close enough program (Crimson Editor -> gedit, Visual Studio -> KDevelop, Primo -> Morain's ECPP). Now I'm down... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: CRGreathouse
1 Replies

7. Programming

WSAAsyncSelect equivalent for linux

Hello, I'm writing a multi-threaded socket server in C++ and I needed something like wsaasyncselect to handle messages like fd_accept, fd_read, fd_connect, fd_close. Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lucastonon
2 Replies

8. Linux

/etc/netmasks equivalent in linux

Hi Guys, I am used to configuring DHCP on Solaris and foreach subnet added I place a corresponding entry in /etc/netmasks. I am now looking at configuring DHCP on linux, is there an equivalnet entry required somewhere or is this not needed in linux Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: eeisken
3 Replies

9. Red Hat

NFS_v4_fail_over_timeout equivalent in Linux

Hi, I need to mount a replicated nfs4 export on a number of AIX and Redhat hosts. To get the failover on the clients working smoothly, I need to change certain values on the AIX boxes like nfs_v4_fail_over_timeout, timeo and retrans values. Since I have no clue about Linux, I am not quite sure... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zxmaus
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Linux equivalent for UNIX

I have a folder called "log" which has a few sub-folders say "fda" "fd7" "fdd" "fd6 .... " I wish to fire the below command inside each subfolder starting with the folder with the latest time stamp. grep "$greptime.*exit" Prod.$(hostname).log | grep $fdrdate_new If the seach did not yield... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
3 Replies
c1541(1)						      General Commands Manual							  c1541(1)

NAME
c1541 - a stand alone disk image maintenance program SYNOPSIS
c1541 [options] [image] DESCRIPTION
c1541 is a stand alone program that can be used for D64, D71, D81, X64 and G64 disk image file maintenance. It is part of the VICE emula- tor. c1541 can be used both in interactive and batch mode. It will start in interactive mode if no images and no options are specified or if one image is specified; when started in interactive mode, command line editing and command history are available. Each command line option for use in batch mode has an interactive mode counterpart, that is shown in parenthesis. -attach image (attach image) attach image for use. All consequent commands in interactive mode will refer to this image. -detach image (detach image) detach image from c1541. -format image (format image 'name,id') format the disk image image with the specified label. image is created if it does not exist. -delete image files... (delete files...) delete files from image -list image (list) list directory of image. -validate image (validate) validate mage. -copy image oldname1 [oldname2...] newname (copy oldname1 [oldname2...] newname) concatenate oldname1, oldname2... into newname on image (can be used to copy files). -create image dump ['descr'] (create image dump ['descr'] build image from raw dump file dump (i.e. convert from D64 to X64 file). -tape image tapeimage [files...] (tape image tapeimage [files...]) transfer files from tapeimage to image (default is all files). -read image 1541name [fsname] (read 1541name [fsname]) extract 1541name from the disk image into fsname (1541name by default) from image. -extract image (extract). extract all files from image. -write image fsname [1541name] (write fsname [1541name]) write fsname to image as 1541name (fsname by default). (works with P00 files as well). -block [drive:] [track] [sector] [disp] (block [drive:] [track] [sector] [disp]) show disk blocks in hex format. -info image ['descr'] (info ['descr']) show version information about image. When more than one command is specified in batch mode, all of them are executed in the same order they have on the command line. If you use - as a file name, it stands for stdin or stdout. SEE ALSO
VICE(1), petcat(1) AUTHORS
Teemu Rantanen <tvr@cs.hut.fi> Ettore Perazzoli <ettore@comm2000.it> Andreas Boose <boose@linux.rz.fh-hannover.de> Jouko Valta <jopi@stekt.oulu.fi> with improvements by Olaf Seibert <rhialto@mbfys.kun.nl> Gerhard Wesp <gwesp@cosy.sbg.ac.at> VICE
January 1999 c1541(1)