Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Upgrading bash on Darwin (osx) Post 302102865 by Perderabo on Sunday 14th of January 2007 04:01:32 PM
Old 01-14-2007
Add:
/opt/local/bin/bash
to it.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Darwin x86

so, what's everyone's opinion on Darwin (x86 rendition)? is it worth installing at the moment? pros? cons? comments? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Karma
5 Replies

2. OS X (Apple)

GNU-Darwin

Did anyone here about GNU-Darwin? http://gnu-darwin.org/ Read Bout it! And Darwin can be found here: http://www.opendarwin.org Tell me what U think (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: RedVenim
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed -i on Darwin

This is the first time I've come across this issue sed -i 's/"//g' iscrmireturns sed: 1: "iscrmi": command i expects \ followed by textApparently the -i option is non-standard FreeBSD extensions - does that mean it's not available on Darwin? Strange (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: platz
1 Replies

4. OS X (Apple)

Darwin ports

Hi there. I have an MacBookPro and I want to install Darwin ports. I downloaded & installed MacPorts-1.7.0.pkg and now I don't know what to do. I tried: # port -d selfupdate .... error 1 Command output: checking build system type... i686-apple-darwin9.7.0 checking host system type...... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: hirohitosan
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

#!/bin/bash and #1bin/sh command not found error on mac osx terminal/shell script

i am having a weird error on mac os x running some shell scripts. i am a complete newbie at this and this question concerns 2 scripts. one of which a friend of mine wrote (videochecker.sh) a couple weeks ago and it's been running fine on another machine. then last week i wrote capture.sh and it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: danpaluska
2 Replies

6. OS X (Apple)

bash script for dseditgroups in OSX

Hi there, Hope this isn't too complex of a script to try to make but this is what I'm trying to do. Create a new group and add local users that aren't admin to the group. So let's say the new group is 'cats' and 'dog' is the only admin on the machine. Let's say most machines only have one... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: stop.the.stupid
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Locking with fcntl on Darwin Mac OSX

Hello I have a Perl script that works on non-darwin Mac OS X environments and I think I have narrowed down the issue to a file locking problem. In other linux environments, the flock struct is defined differently. I have adjusted this via the reference for Mac OS X fcntl(2) man page. The... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: flagman5
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

open application with spaces in name [bash][OSX]

Hi guys, I'm new here and new to shell scripting so don't be hard on me I'm trying to create a bash script to restart a process by name in Mac OSX. I have no problem killing the application, the problem comes when launching it again. I managed to store the path in a variable lets say ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jonathanwiesel
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

OSX, bash, cat with <<MARKER executing commands

I have a script that writes another script with cat >/usr/local/bin/myscript.sh <<EOF #!/bin/sh VAR=`run a command here` EOF Problem is, after this is run, I get: $ cat /usr/local/bin/myscript.sh #!/bin/sh VAR=result of command How do I stop that from happening with Macs... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jnojr
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

OSX bash & expect

I have a script that must perform a 'sudo' operation on each of a number of hosts. I'm trying to get expect working so I only have to enter it once, and have run into a couple of issues. First, several examples suggest to use: /usr/bin/expect <<EOD spawn ssh -t $host /usr/bin/sudo -v... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jnojr
7 Replies
soladdapp(1M)						  System Administration Commands					     soladdapp(1M)

NAME
soladdapp - add an application to the Solstice application registry SYNOPSIS
/usr/snadm/bin/soladdapp [-r registry] -n name -i icon -e executable [args] DESCRIPTION
soladdapp adds an application to the Solstice application registry. After it is added, the application is displayed in the Solstice Launcher main window (see solstice(1M)). OPTIONS
-r registry Define the full path name of the Solstice registry file. -n name Define the name of the tool to be registered. -i icon Define the full path name of the tool icon. -e executable Define the full path name of the tool. args Specify any arguments to use with the tool. When executed without options, soladdapp uses /opt/SUNWadm/etc/.solstice_registry (the default registry path). RETURN VALUES
0 on success 1 on failure 2 if the registry is locked 3 if the entry is a duplicate. EXAMPLES
Example 1: A sample display of the soladdapp command. The following adds an application called Disk Manager to the Solstice application registry for display in the Solstice Launcher main win- dow. # soladdapp -r /opt/SUNWadm/etc/.solstice_registry -n "Disk Manager" -i /opt/SUNWdsk/etc/diskmgr.xpm -e /opt/SUNWdsk/bin/diskmgr FILES
/opt/SUNWadm/etc/.solstice_registry The default registry path. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWsadml | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
soldelapp(1M), solstice(1M), attributes(5) NOTES
Globally registered applications are used by local and remote users sharing the software in a particular /opt directory. They can be added only using soladdapp. SunOS 5.10 15 Sep 1995 soladdapp(1M)