Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to Block/Ban Traffic From Specific Referrer Post 302102759 by BOFH on Friday 12th of January 2007 01:28:50 PM
Old 01-12-2007
You don't say which OS we're talking about but you might be able to modify your firewall to block that IP or IP range. You can also use the /etc/hosts.deny file and put them in there.

Carl

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

block telnet to specific port

Hello All I am running redhat linux 7.2 and would like to know how i can block telnetting to a specified port . say for example i would like to block telnet acesses to port 80. regards Xiamin (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: xiamin
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting specific block

Hi Everyone , have a great day i have a file which has almost 20,000 blocks each starting with this particular line " rTCCreditControlRecord " , how can i bring out the 7172 block out of that file Thanks in Anticipation (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dastard
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Block incoming traffic FTP from internet using iptables

Hi everybody. I have the next scenary: eth0: WAN eth1: DMZ eth2: LAN I need to block all incoming trafic from the internet through my network LAN using iptables. I have squid but i need to do this using ipatbles. I have been listening about iptables -A FORDAWARD but I am stuck right... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: edeamat
0 Replies

4. Web Development

PHP Help - Delete cookies and redirect back to referrer

I was wondering if any one would be willing to help me with this. I'd like to create a 503 error page using a PHP script that will do the following: - delete all cookies that contains 'something' in the host and 'JSESSIONID' as the cookie name. There are either 1 or 2 cookies that each... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Adrnalnrsh
0 Replies

5. IP Networking

block windows file sharing traffic between networks

I have a LAN for users 192.0.3.0 I have a WAN for servers 192.0.0.0 I have a iptables capable router with a static route from 192.0.3.0 to 192.0.0.0 my problem is SMB file sharing traffic is leaking on to our 192.0.0.0 and causing congestion. I only have one printer IP address that needs... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: herot
13 Replies

6. IP Networking

How does a router directs the internet traffic to a specific host in the private network?

how does a router directs the internet traffic to a specific host in the private network? Example: My PC has ip 192.168.134.100 Router has ip 192.168.134.200 My company's ip 202.52.150.33 When i try to access internet, say google, it traverses from... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Arun_Linux
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Linux bridged firewall - monitor traffic & block IP

Hi All, I successfully configured a DEBIAN Lenny bridged firewall using ebtables. The bridged interface is br0. The ethernet interface are eth0 & eth1 respectively. All the traffic are transparently passing my firewall but i need to find & block temporarily the bandwidth abusers. Can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: coolatt
1 Replies

8. SCO

OSR 5.0.7 need to block a specific IP

There are huge number of messages in syslog suggesting one of the client's IP is trying to telnet/ssh/pop/imap into the OSR5.0.7 system, it happens every minute or so, see a snippet below Oct 9 13:11:20 myhost popper: (null) at 192.168.1.123 (192.168.1.123): -ERR POP EOF or I/O Error: 25... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: migurus
3 Replies

9. Proxy Server

IPtable rules for DNS/http/https traffic for specific hosts only, not working.

Hi there, I have a VPS and am working on a little side project for myself and friend which is a DNS proxy. Everything was great till recently. My VPS IP has been detected by some botnet or something, and I believe SMURF attacks are occuring. The VPS provider keeps shutting down my VPS... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: phi0x
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Add a block of code at the end of a specific block

I need to search for a block with the starting pattern say "tabId": "table_1", and ending pattern say "]" and then add a few lines before "]" "block1":"block_111" "tabId": "table_1", "title":"My title" ..... .... }] how do I achieve it using awk and sed. Thanks, Lakshmi (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lakshmikumari
3 Replies
TCPDCHK(8)						      System Manager's Manual							TCPDCHK(8)

NAME
tcpdchk - tcp wrapper configuration checker SYNOPSIS
tcpdchk [-a] [-d] [-i inet_conf] [-v] DESCRIPTION
tcpdchk examines your tcp wrapper configuration and reports all potential and real problems it can find. The program examines the tcpd access control files (by default, these are /etc/hosts.allow and /etc/hosts.deny), and compares the entries in these files against entries in the inetd network configuration file. tcpdchk reports problems such as non-existent pathnames; services that appear in tcpd access control rules, but are not controlled by tcpd; services that should not be wrapped; non-existent host names or non-internet address forms; occurrences of host aliases instead of official host names; hosts with a name/address conflict; inappropriate use of wildcard patterns; inappropriate use of NIS netgroups or references to non-existent NIS netgroups; references to non-existent options; invalid arguments to options; and so on. Where possible, tcpdchk provides a helpful suggestion to fix the problem. OPTIONS
-a Report access control rules that permit access without an explicit ALLOW keyword. -d Examine hosts.allow and hosts.deny files in the current directory instead of the default ones. -i inet_conf Specify this option when tcpdchk is unable to find your inetd.conf network configuration file, or when you suspect that the program uses the wrong one. -v Display the contents of each access control rule. Daemon lists, client lists, shell commands and options are shown in a pretty- printed format; this makes it easier for you to spot any discrepancies between what you want and what the program understands. FILES
The default locations of the tcpd access control tables are: /etc/hosts.allow /etc/hosts.deny SEE ALSO
tcpdmatch(8), explain what tcpd would do in specific cases. hosts_access(5), format of the tcpd access control tables. hosts_options(5), format of the language extensions. inetd.conf(5), format of the inetd control file. AUTHORS
Wietse Venema (wietse@wzv.win.tue.nl), Department of Mathematics and Computing Science, Eindhoven University of Technology Den Dolech 2, P.O. Box 513, 5600 MB Eindhoven, The Netherlands TCPDCHK(8)