Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Stopping a command in between Post 302102634 by superprg on Thursday 11th of January 2007 07:11:44 PM
Old 01-11-2007
Thanks
Can you explain what does 1 1 do?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Stopping a print request

Im running a solaris 9 system and keep getting this message: Request to LXKF894CB (unknown printer) from zion. This happen because there was a mis configured printer and a job was submitted to it. I fix the printer issue but this message keeps repeating and the PID keeps going up. How can i... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: meyersp
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

stopping a script

i want to stop a script from running after one minute, using the sleep command, and then kill the process. anyhelp with this. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AtomJ22
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

stopping a processor

hi, Can any plz tell what is the command for stopping a processor? suppose a system is accessing 10 processors and we want to stop the 3rd & 6th processor then whats the command in Unix? thank u (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nm_virtual
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Stopping a command during the cycle

Hi, Two things really: 1) can you input a code to pause a program until a key is pressed? 2) can you stop a command during a cycle? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: chapmana
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Stopping A process

Hi I want to stop a process using a shell script. how do i do that? ie, to simulate ps -ef|grep Process name get the process id and kill -9 process id plz help... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gopsman
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Stopping a shell script

This is simple for an experianced scripter but that is not what I am :) if ; then echo -==Test Passed $3 $4==- >> $1$2 nohup $6$7 & >> $1$2 else echo -==$8==- >> $1$9 echo -==$8==- >> $1$2 fi In the else step I also want to stop the script from moving on. ... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: jadionne
15 Replies

7. Red Hat

stopping you have mail.....

Hi, on server Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 3, I am getting the mail "you have mail" can any body suggest how to stop this? mail are getting generated in below path. /var/spool/postfix/maildrop, due to which heavy file are getting generated. though sendmail service is stopped. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Stopping SSH tunnel

I have initiated a tunnel for vncserver. now i want to stop it. is there any way except sleep option? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: majid.merkava
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Stopping cron job

Hi, I have scheduled one job in crontab. I want to stop the job automatically after some time of its execution without killing it. Could i archive the above? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mehulleo
8 Replies
explain_fopen_or_die(3) 				     Library Functions Manual					   explain_fopen_or_die(3)

NAME
explain_fopen_or_die - open file and report errors SYNOPSIS
#include <libexplain/fopen.h> FILE *explain_fopen_or_die(const char *pathname, const char *flags); DESCRIPTION
The explain_fopen_or_die() function opens the file whose name is the string pointed to by pathname and associates a stream with it. See fopen(3) for more information. This is a quick and simple way for programs to constitently report file open errors in a consistent and detailed fahion. RETURN VALUE
Upon successful completion explain_fopen_or_die returns a FILE pointer. If an error occurs, explain_fopen will be called to explain the error, which will be printed onto stderr, and then the process will termi- nate by calling exit(EXIT_FAILURE). SEE ALSO
fopen(3) stream open functions explain_fopen(3) explain fopen(3) errors exit(2) terminate the calling process COPYRIGHT
libexplain version 0.52 Copyright (C) 2008 Peter Miller AUTHOR
Written by Peter Miller <pmiller@opensource.org.au> explain_fopen_or_die(3)