Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Scripts execution
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Scripts execution Post 302102596 by aladdin on Thursday 11th of January 2007 01:59:30 PM
Old 01-11-2007
Smilie

Thx alot Glenn Arndt. I should have mentioned it from the begining.

how can I tell if the script name is valid or reserved for the system??

Thx

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please help on shell scripts execution

I have already posted the question. Because previous post has sinked so that I have to ask the question again. I created the script and chmod it as 755. The ksh shell is in bin. Now I typed ./script_name.ksh to execute the script in the directory of that script. The return message was: Ksh:... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: duke0001
13 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scripts fails if you change its code during the execution.

So a script is working properly (tested many times) , then you add a new fine piece of code ,finaly its fails generally with a syntax error at the last line of the script. :confused:... does anybody why this happens? >uname -a HP-UX test... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Klashxx
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Profile scripts versus rc scripts....

what is the difference between login and profile scripts versus the rc scripts? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rookie22
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing the Bash Scripts to Bourne Scripts:URGENT

Hi, I have to write a program to compute the checksums of files ./script.sh I wrote the program using bash and it took me forever since I am a beginner but it works very well. I'm getting so close to the deadline and I realised today that actually I have to use normal Bourne shell... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pgarg1989
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect Issue Serial Forground Execution vs Concurrent Background Execution

I have an expect script that interrogates several hundred unix servers for both access and directories therein using "ssh user@host ls -l /path". The combination of host/path are unique but the host may be interrogated multiple times if there are multiple paths to test. The expect script is run... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: twk
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execution difference in perl scripts for windows / AIX

Hi, I have perl script abc.pl which runs perfectly fine on windows ( execution from cmd). Now i tried to execute the same perl module on the AIX server after defining the captureoutput.pm and other relevant changes. But its behaving very weirdly as a portion of the URL which is formed by... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: slayer0611
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH - How to call different scripts from master scripts based on a column in an Oracle table

Dear Members, I have a table REQUESTS in Oracle which has an attribute REQUEST_ACTION. The entries in REQUEST_ACTION are like, ME, MD, ND, NE etc. I would like to create a script which will will call other scripts based on the request action. Can we directly read from the REQUEST_ACTION... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yoodit
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Execution problem in running multiple scripts

hi all, I have 3 individual scripts to perform the task . 2nd script should run only after the 1st script and 3rd script must run only after first 2 scripts are executed successfully. i want to have a single script that calls all this 3 scripts .this single script should execute the 2nd script... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rahul619
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling multiple scripts from another scripts

Dear all, I am working on script which call other shell scripts in a loop but problem is from second script am not able to come out. Here is the snippet:- #!/bin/bash HSFILE=/root/Test/Components.txt LOGFile=/opt/domain/AdminDomain/application/logs... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharsour
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to check sub scripts execution?

I have a shell script which is used to get the input and have another shell script (a sub script) at the end of this shell script which is used to upload the inputs in the Oracle database. I can check the execution status of the parent script using sh -x script.sh. but this command doesn't show the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srilaxman
1 Replies
after(n)						       Tcl Built-In Commands							  after(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
after - Execute a command after a time delay SYNOPSIS
after ms after ms ?script script script ...? after cancel id after cancel script script script ... after idle ?script script script ...? after info ?id? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This command is used to delay execution of the program or to execute a command in background sometime in the future. It has several forms, depending on the first argument to the command: after ms Ms must be an integer giving a time in milliseconds. The command sleeps for ms milliseconds and then returns. While the command is sleeping the application does not respond to events. after ms ?script script script ...? In this form the command returns immediately, but it arranges for a Tcl command to be executed ms milliseconds later as an event handler. The command will be executed exactly once, at the given time. The delayed command is formed by concatenating all the script arguments in the same fashion as the concat command. The command will be executed at global level (outside the context of any Tcl procedure). If an error occurs while executing the delayed command then the bgerror mechanism is used to report the error. The after command returns an identifier that can be used to cancel the delayed command using after cancel. after cancel id Cancels the execution of a delayed command that was previously scheduled. Id indicates which command should be canceled; it must have been the return value from a previous after command. If the command given by id has already been executed then the after can- cel command has no effect. after cancel script script ... This command also cancels the execution of a delayed command. The script arguments are concatenated together with space separators (just as in the concat command). If there is a pending command that matches the string, it is cancelled and will never be executed; if no such command is currently pending then the after cancel command has no effect. after idle script ?script script ...? Concatenates the script arguments together with space separators (just as in the concat command), and arranges for the resulting script to be evaluated later as an idle callback. The script will be run exactly once, the next time the event loop is entered and there are no events to process. The command returns an identifier that can be used to cancel the delayed command using after can- cel. If an error occurs while executing the script then the bgerror mechanism is used to report the error. after info ?id? This command returns information about existing event handlers. If no id argument is supplied, the command returns a list of the identifiers for all existing event handlers created by the after command for this interpreter. If id is supplied, it specifies an existing handler; id must have been the return value from some previous call to after and it must not have triggered yet or been cancelled. In this case the command returns a list with two elements. The first element of the list is the script associated with id, and the second element is either idle or timer to indicate what kind of event handler it is. The after ms and after idle forms of the command assume that the application is event driven: the delayed commands will not be executed unless the application enters the event loop. In applications that are not normally event-driven, such as tclsh, the event loop can be entered with the vwait and update commands. SEE ALSO
bgerror(n), concat(n), update(n), vwait(n) KEYWORDS
cancel, delay, idle callback, sleep, time Tcl 7.5 after(n)