Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Having difficulty with UNIX concept. Please help! Post 302102557 by sysgate on Thursday 11th of January 2007 07:24:26 AM
Old 01-11-2007
if you want to access data on particular HD, you can S/FTP the data, but if you need the entire HD onto your box ( where you are currently logged ) yes, you need to NFSmount this partition.
Hostname is a reference to a machine unique name, e.g.
1 - mainframe.sysgate.org
2 - sysadmin.sysgate.org
These would be two different machines, each with CPU, Ram, etc, but still part of domain "sysgate.org"
Hope this helps.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Difficulty

Hi, I am trying to upload a file to a SQL database table. The column type is IMAGE. I am looking for a solution to upload a word doc file. I tried 3 approaches. 1) my $fileToStore = "mytest.doc"; open IPFILE, "<", $name; binmode IPFILE; while (<IPFILE>) { $fileToStore .= $_; } close... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: b.paramanatti
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

trying to understand rationale of unix stream i/o concept

I am an entry level programmer with no formal training in computer science. I am trying to enhance my conceptual knowledge about operating systems in general. I have been using the C programming language on Linux systems for some time and have used the traditional unix stream I/O APIs. The... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kaychau
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regarding Mail concept in unix

Hi, I am new to this mail concept in unix. i have requirement to read the mail from mailbox. Now to get the mail where i have to configure the mail id and also the mail server. Kindly suggest me. Thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishna_gnv
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loop difficulty

hi all I am new to unix and want to create a loop to repeat the loop and before that it ask me to do so.I know "while" may help but I put it in my work and getting stuk with it.any help appreciated. (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: samsami1971
13 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

difficulty in formatting a file.

a file containing following data (part of it).... 1907594 201012 31 11 5837737 201012 41 18 257402.88 201101 31 11 7500 201101 33 1 115618.5 201101 41 11 556330 201102 31 12 481783.5 201102 41 20 2827732.13 201103 31 71 85253 201103 33 2 4479588.07 201103 41 90 7120 201104 21 1 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: guptam
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

difficulty with awk

hello folks, i am stuck with this awk command. i need to calculate the sum of a column of values on a flatfile and i am using the following command : awk -F"|" '{x += $10} END {print "Sum: "x}' standard_csv_file1.out that flatfile contains 180 fields and i am getting the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jdsony
5 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

What exactly is the concept of BITS in this unix.com forum?

Is there a detailed page on the explanation of concept behind BITS and score used in this forum. Just saw the index on my Banking page. (Clicked the Banking hyperlink below my profile name on the topmost right corner of this screen) Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Manjunath B
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difficulty with set - command

Hi , i have a shell script with the first two lines as #! /bin/ksh set -x when i try opening the file from unix using the command 'sh filename.sh' , i am getting the below error : invalid optionline 2: set: - Pls help Use code tags for you code and data... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rajankum
1 Replies
condor_findhost(1)					      General Commands Manual						condor_findhost(1)

Name
       condor_findhost find - machine(s) in the pool that can be used with minimal impact on currently running Condor jobs and best meet any spec-
       ified constraints

Synopsis
       condor_findhost [-help] [-m] [-n num] [-c c_expr] [-r r_expr] [-p centralmanagerhostname]

Description
       condor_findhostsearches a Condor pool of machines for the best machine or machines that will have the minimum impact on running Condor jobs
       if  the machine or machines are taken out of the pool. The search may be limited to the machine or machines that match a set of constraints
       and rank expression.

condor_findhostreturns a fully-qualified domain name for each machine. The search is limited (constrained) to a specific  set  of  machines
       using  the  -coption. The search can use the -roption for rank, the criterion used for selecting a machine or machines from the constrained
       list.

Options
       -help

Display usage information and exit

-m

Only search for entire machines. Slots within an entire machine are not considered.

-n num

Find and list up to nummachines that fulfill the specification. numis an integer greater than zero.

-c c_expr

Constrain the search to only consider machines that result from the evaluation of c_expr. c_expris a ClassAd expression.

-r r_expr

r_expris the rank expression evaluated to use as a basis for machine selection. r_expris a ClassAd expression.

-p centralmanagerhostname

Specify the pool to be searched by giving the central manager's host name. Without this option, the current pool is searched.

General Remarks
       condor_findhostis used to locate a machine within a pool that can be taken out of the pool with the least disturbance of the pool.

An administrator should set preemption requirements for the Condor pool. The expression

(Interactive =?= TRUE )

will let condor_findhostknow that it can claim a machine even if Condor would not normally preempt a job running on that machine.

Exit Status
       The exit status of condor_findhostis zero on success. If not able to identify as many machines as requested, it returns one more  than  the
       number  of  machines identified. For example, if 8 machines are requested, and condor_findhostonly locates 6, the exit status will be 7. If
       not able to locate any machines, or an error is encountered, condor_findhostwill return the value 1.

Examples
       To find and list four machines, preferring those with the highest mips (on Drystone benchmark) rating:

condor_findhost	-n 4 -r "mips"

To find and list 24 machines, considering only those where the  kflops attribute is not defined:

condor_findhost	-n 24 -c "kflops=?=undefined"

Author
       Condor Team, University of Wisconsin-Madison

Copyright
       Copyright (C) 1990-2012 Condor Team, Computer Sciences Department, University of  Wisconsin-Madison,  Madison,  WI.  All  Rights  Reserved.
       Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0.

See the Condor Version 7.8.2 Manualor http://www.condorproject.org/licensefor additional notices.

condor-admin@cs.wisc.edu

September 2012						condor_findhost(1)