Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Display Directory Size - DF?
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Display Directory Size - DF? Post 302102444 by Radar on Wednesday 10th of January 2007 12:59:30 PM
Old 01-10-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by t4st33@mac.com
How can I display the size of a directory and contents witin a directory

df only gives me the mounts
Try using du

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Display size

Hi Friends, I'm a Oracle Dba first time working in Solaris, i have worked on linux (redhat). I want to see the size of the particular directory e.g oracle and also the size of the database files. Thank you (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shaan_dmp
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Display directory size

Hi all, Is there any built in function that can display the content of a directory showing the size of directories? I want to see the content of a directory without recursion. I don't want to see the content of all subdirectories. I want to see the contained files with their size and the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chebarbudo
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

du -k . display size wise

Hi, I want to display all the directories with ascending order in size. For example, $ du -k . 1111111 ./dir1 222222222 ./dir2 333333333 ./dir3 444444444 ./dir4 How do i get the above desired result with du -k . command? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: welldone
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Directory size larger than file system size?

Hi, We currently have an Oracle database running and it is creating lots of processes in the /proc directory that are 1000M in size. The size of the /proc directory is now reading 26T. How can this be if the root file system is only 13GB? I have seen this before we an Oracle temp file... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcman
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Display all directory/sub directory with occupied space?

Hello, I am using Red Hat linux system. I see my /work directory has used space 300GB. But there are so many sub directory under /work. I want to list each direcotry and under all subdirectory. But i want to know how much space occupied by each directory. What kind of command i can use to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: govindts
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to display only Owner and directory/sub directory names under particular root

hai, I am new to Unix, I have a requirement to display owner name , directory or sub directory name, who's owner name is not equal to "oasitqtc". (here "oasitqtc" is the owner of the directory or sub directory.) i have a command (below) which will display all folders and sub folders, but i... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gagan4599
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to delete some of the files in the directory, if the directory size limits the specified size

To find the whole size of a particular directory i use "du -sk /dirname".. but after finding the direcory's size how do i make conditions like if the size of the dir is more than 1 GB i hav to delete some of the files inside the dir (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shaal89
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ls directory size reporting byte size instead of file count

I have been searching both on Unix.com and Google and have not been able to find the answer to my question. I think it is partly because I can't come up with the right search terms. Recently, my virtual server switched storage devices and I think the problem may be related to that change.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jmgibby
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

UNIX commands to display the biggest file by size in a directory

Hello guys, Please i need to know the biggest files in my directory let's say$ >du -h | egrep 'M|G|G' 195M ./TMP 3.6M ./TP_DEC2012 146G . But here the result it's giving me the biggest directory in the path. Actually i want to know the biggest file in 146G . Can anyone... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gillesi
6 Replies

10. AIX

Apache 2.4 directory cannot display "Last modified" "Size" "Description"

Hi 2 all, i have had AIX 7.2 :/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -v Server version: Apache/2.4.12 (Unix) Server built: May 25 2015 04:58:27 :/#:/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -M Loaded Modules: core_module (static) so_module (static) http_module (static) mpm_worker_module (static) ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: penchev
3 Replies
NWDIR(1)							       nwdir								  NWDIR(1)

NAME
nwdir - Lists files in directory SYNOPSIS
nwdir [-h] [-v] [-l] [-t] [-d] [-e] [-f] [directory] DESCRIPTION
nwdir lists files, directories and their attributes from the specified NetWare directory. OPTIONS
-h -h is used to print out a short help text. -d List directories like other files, rather than listing their contents. -l Show filename in all available namespaces. -v Verbose listing, display everything possible. -e Display OS/2 Extended Attributes. -f List connections using each file. -t Show all informations (rights, attributes, file inodes) also as hexadecimal numbers. directory You can specify the directory to list. Current working directory is used by default. You have to specify path in Linux format, not in NetWare format. EXAMPLES
nwdir -t -v /NetWare/server/sys With this example, all files from directory /NetWare/server/sys are displayed. AUTHORS
nwdir was written by Milan Vandrovec. See the Changes file of ncpfs for other contributors. BUGS
Directory quotas are not displayed. User names are not taken from NDS, but only from bindery. nwdir 4/2/1998 NWDIR(1)