Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers what is the default password for those build-in accounts? Post 302102296 by fredao on Tuesday 9th of January 2007 02:19:38 PM
Old 01-09-2007
what is the default password for those build-in accounts?

what is the default password for those build-in accounts, such as adm, sys, dhcp, oracle, guest?

if not set, can they be used to login? is that a security problem? how are they designed to be used?

thanks!

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

default unix accounts

Hi, Can someone tell me what the default unix accounts are? And what is the default unix admin pwd? Thanks!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kandy19
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Does changing default password parms affect existing accounts in /etc/shadow?

Are the default password setting parameters (that are in /etc/login.defs) only used when a new local account is created on a server? It looks to me like a 'useradd userid1' command will look to the /etc/login.defs file to get default values for MINWEEKS MAXWEEKS and PASSLENGTH. If the parms are... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: msdjunk
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding SDK Build on Kernel Source Build

Hi, So I downloaded this kernel source and was able to build it successfully. But I want to add this SDK source code inside, can anyone help me how to do this? Note that the SDK source can be built by itself. I added the SDK in the main Makefile: init-y := init/ #added SDK... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: h0ujun
0 Replies

4. Cybersecurity

Password encryption - migration user accounts from SuSe to RedHat

Hello guys, I'm currently working on replacing old server and it's migration from SuSe SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 (x86_64) VERSION = 10 PATCHLEVEL = 4 to the RedHat Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 6.4 (Santiago) Problem seems be in migration of users passwords,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: brusell
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Build.xml invocation by Build Script

Hi I have a build.xml file and I can run it on Windows via cmd. Now I want to write a script to invoke the same. Is there a way to do this? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ankur328
1 Replies