Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Logic behind display of .www folder ?? Post 302102206 by srinivasan_85 on Tuesday 9th of January 2007 04:10:05 AM
Old 01-09-2007
Question Further Clarification wud be helpful

Hi,
Thank you for ur response. My problem is not related to webserver. Actually i am in an intranet, where in i have my own disk space of a shared network drive. In this case, i am the person who gives access to the .www dir of my home drive. Now I wanna put the index.htm in my .www dir, so that others type "http://www/~srini" to access my homepage. This home page is now the dir structure of my home directory. When i place index.htm in the .www dir, it will display the contents of index.htm. I just want to provide users a link on index.htm, which will lead them to the plain old dir structure display.
What you suggested is to rename index.htm to some other file say "random.htm", so that users would by default get the dir structure, from where they can click random.htm. But i just want to do the reverse !! I wanna make users click on a link on index.htm so that they would go back to the directory structure (which cannot be done thro a link to www/~srini, because it is overridden by the placing of index.htm) ! Smilie

It is really difficult to express my problem verbally ! Smilie

Thanks
Srini

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

display the files in a folder which are older than 1 hour

Hi, I have some files in a folder with different time stamps and I want to display the files which are older than 1 hour. i tried with find. need urgent help. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vgs
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

display the files in a folder which are older than 1 hour

Hi, I have some files in a folder with different time stamps and I want to display the files which are older than 1 hour. i tried with find. need urgent help. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vgs
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to display contents of folder when 'cd' is used

Hi, I am a new learner of Unix. I am currently working on a Solaris 8 machine. Earlier, when I use 'cd <folder name>' command, I am not only able to change the folder but also able to see the contents of the folder as if a 'ls -lt' command was executed. However, since a week, suddenly this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mumashankar
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Permissions of the folder var/www

what should be the permissions of the folder var/www in my ubuntu ? I need it to be safe and at the same time I need ftp users to be able to edit it. I was wondering if I should create a group with all permissions and add ftp users to this group in unix. what's the standard way to do it ?... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aneuryzma
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

chroot openssh access www folder

here is the setup<br/> sshd_config: <pre> Match User sftp ChrootDirectory /chroot/sftp </pre> I connect just fine to the folder <pre>/chroot/sftp</pre> However I cannot access the website developer folder due to it being outside the scope of the defined chrootdirectory... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dunpealslyr
2 Replies
aha(1)								 Ansi HTML Adapter							    aha(1)

NAME
aha - Ansi HTML Adapter SYNOPSIS
aha [options] [-f datei] DESCRIPTION
aha takes SGR-colored Input and prints W3C conform HTML-Code. aha reads the Input from a file or stdin and writes HTML-Code to stdout. OPTIONS
--help , -h , -? A help like this --black , -b Black Background and white "standard color" --pink , -p Pink Background --iso X , -i X Uses ISO 8859-X instead of utf-8. X must be 1..16 --title X , -t X Gives the html output the title --line-fix , -l Uses a fix for inputs using control sequences to change the cursor position like htop. It's a hot fix, it may not work with any pro- gram like htop. (See EXAMPLE) EXAMPLE
aha --help | aha --black --title "the awesome aha help"> aha-help.htm Creates an HTML file with the help of aha with black background colordiff oldfile.c newfile.c | aha > colordiff.htm Creates an HTML file with a colorful diff-output of two files "oldfile.c" and "newfile.c" with white background ls --color=always | aha --pink > ls.htm Creates an HTML file with a colorful ls-output with pink background. echo a | htop | aha --black --line-fix > htop.htm Creates an HTML file with the output of htop. You have to use --line-fix due the other new-line-commands htop uses. AUTHOR
Copyleft Alexander Matthes aka Ziz 2011 zizsdl@googlemail.com SEE ALSO
http://ziz.delphigl.com/tool_aha.php August 31, 2011 aha(1)