Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting failed to access directory thru ftp Post 302102205 by DILEEP410 on Tuesday 9th of January 2007 04:07:43 AM
Old 01-09-2007
failed to access directory thru ftp

Hi all,

I am a beginner to unix and ftp too.So i request your valuable comments.

Requirement:
I want to put a specific file into a server(linux) and under a particular directory path in that server as /caps/details/data/

Problem :
I login to that server through the command `ftp hostname` and i tried to change the directory path as cd /caps/details/data
but it was showing
550 Failed to change directory.

But i am sure that the directory path is there and i can rwx scripts too in that directory,problem is only thru ftp.Would anyone pls give my some idea
as fast as you can ?

Your help is appreciated.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Restrict FTP access to a single directory for only one user.

Hi All, It will be very great if you can help me in this issue. Thanks in advance. I need to enable FTP on a solaris9 server. I need to create a new user some "xxxxxx" and he can only FTP the files to and from between /tftpboot directory and network devices. Other users should not... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: santhoshkumar_d
8 Replies

2. Solaris

FTP login failed.

Hi guys, Can you please help me. I have SUN V100 server running solaris 8. I also have a Redhat Linux 6.2 machine and a windows XP machine on the network. I'm trying to copy files from the Linux and XP machines to the V100 server. When I try to ftp to the solaris machine, I'm challenged... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stin
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Restricting FTP access for a particular directory

Dear All, I have created a user called "x" who is allowed only to FTP and it is working fine. Here my problem is, I want to give access to a particular directory say for eg:- /dump/test directory. I don't find any option in the useradd command to restrict access to this particular directory only... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vijayakumarpc
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris:Tomcat-Failed to access resource /WEB-INF/lib/One.jar

Hi All, I have configured the tomcat 6.0.26 and it is working fine in Solaris. Testing JSP and SERVLET program I ensured tomcat is configured properly (My guess). ------------------- Now I placed my Servlet and JSP code under /users/kalai/sample. I have created a soft link to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kalpeer
1 Replies

5. SuSE

Failed to load HCA driver and Access Layer

Hi All, I got the following errors when i was trying to restart Infiniband service. Loading cxgb3 driver : Loading HCA driver and Access Layer : The command managed to bring up the services, but without RDMA modules loaded from /etc/init.d/openibd status output. Is the missing of RDMA... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dchm
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

automatic FTP failed

I have automated ftp for different scripts. every script uses different login and passwords for different server. it reads the username and password from netrc. there is 1 particular script that is failing. this script is failing in FTP step. i have checked the logs it says login failed. but... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dazdseg
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP failed

Hi All, We are using the following step to place a file in server using FTP STEP_EXECUTE STEP090 /usr/pjc/bin/FTP -i DATASET FTPIN $sic/ctl/ftpsic.ctl DISP=OLD,KEEP,KEEP STEP_END If we run this step we are getting the error. ftp> open arg.mnd.appsc.com Connected to arg.mnd.appsc.com.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaykumarkona
4 Replies

8. AIX

ftp access without shell access

Hi all, I'm using AIX v 5.3 I want to create system users to access through ftp or sftp and restrict those users into specific directory and don't traverse the whole file system just to be restricted within a directory and don't get shell access . i don't want to use any other third party... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: h@foorsa.biz
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

FTP failed to copy mulitple files from multiple directory

I am using below scripts to copy all the files from multiple folders. By executing individually command i am able to copy all the files but using scripts only getting first file. System is ignoring the second CD and mget command. HOST=server.com USER=loginid PASSWD="abc" echo "open $HOST... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: meetvipin
6 Replies

10. Solaris

Limit FTP user's access to a specific directory

Hi, I have searched "Limit FTP user's access to a specific directory" subject for 3 days. I found proftp and vsftp but i couldn't compile and install. Is there any idea. Please suggest. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: hamurd
6 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)