Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: substring
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers substring Post 302102166 by tayyabq8 on Tuesday 9th of January 2007 12:35:26 AM
Old 01-09-2007
Quote:
var2=$(echo "customtop/gpsore37/gepspo/1.0/bin/ashoka.csv" | awk -F"." '{print "."$3}')
I think $NF would be a better choice instead of $3 in that case.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I Substring ??

Hello everyone. I'm writing a script in UNIX. The purpose is to get the second character from a variable that stores the system year. This is the code: unix_year_yy=`date "+%g"` This will return "07" in variable unix_year_yy. How can I get the second character (7)?? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rigger
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

substring

Dear All, i have a file that contains, FROM_DATE: 06-08-2007 00:00:00 TO_DATE: 06-08-2007 23:59:59 Total number of lines: 6874154 in another file,the contain is, FROM_DATE: 06-08-2007 00:00:00 Total number of lines: 874154 alltime i want to find the particular string... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: panknil
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

substring ??

I execute command on this file and it gives o/p like this. COMMAND $ fuser -f /clocal/sanjay/AccessMonitor /clocal/sanjay/AccessMonitor: 1368322c To truncate 'c', i used tr -dc "\n" but then it does't give 1368322 as O/P. Any help ?? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: varungupta
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Substring HELP!

Hi, I am trying to do something which I thought was very simple but still being a beginner, has proved not to be. Input: val1 val2 val3 val4 val5 val6 . . . etc Desired Output: Every row in which value of val6 is a number starting with 0.0 or contains a capital E. The input... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: awknerd
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help with substring

I need to check the occurrence of one string within another. code ******************** if ;then do something done ******************** Thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: w020637
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Substring

Hi I use the below cmd to get the list of files that are modified than <temp> file in the <path> diretory cmd:find <path> -name '*.zip' -type f -newer <temp> -print i am getting all the list of files that are new or modified, with abs path, i want to copy all of these files to a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Naveen_5960
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

substring

I have a string '<Hi>abc</Hi>" How to print "abc" (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandy1028
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Getting Substring

Hi, I hav a string lets say aa.txt:bb:txt length of the string can vary.. I have to keep the token inside a array and the delimiter is : plz send me the code (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deekay.p
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get the substring

Hi All, I have a ouput string likes 'u8wos' or 'u10acsd' or somthing else 'u{number}{any characters}'and I want to get the number behind the letter 'u' by bash shell. Thanks Damon (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Damon_Qu
11 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Substring

Hi All, In ksh, am trying to get a substring stuff done. Not sure where the problem is.. can you guys guide me on this... for instance, var1=41, and var2=4175894567, then i want to know whether var2 starts with var1.. var1 and var2 can be of any length.. VAR1=41 VAR2=419068567777... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nram_krishna@ya
6 Replies
page_util_quote(n)					      Parser generator tools						page_util_quote(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
page_util_quote - page character quoting utilities SYNOPSIS
package require page::util::quote ?0.1? package require snit ::page::util::quote::unquote char ::page::util::quote::quote'tcl char ::page::util::quote::quote'tclstr char ::page::util::quote::quote'tclcom char _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides a few utility commands to convert characters into various forms. API
::page::util::quote::unquote char A character, as stored in an abstract syntax tree by a PEG processor (See the packages grammar::peg::interpreter, grammar::me, and their relations), i.e. in some quoted form, is converted into the equivalent Tcl character. The character is returned as the result of the command. ::page::util::quote::quote'tcl char This command takes a Tcl character (internal representation) and converts it into a string which is accepted by the Tcl parser, will regenerate the character in question and is 7bit ASCII. The string is returned as the result of this command. ::page::util::quote::quote'tclstr char This command takes a Tcl character (internal representation) and converts it into a string which is accepted by the Tcl parser and will generate a human readable representation of the character in question. The string is returned as the result of this command. The string does not use any unprintable characters. It may use backslash-quoting. High UTF characters are quoted to avoid problems with the still prevalent ascii terminals. It is assumed that the string will be used in a double-quoted environment. ::page::util::quote::quote'tclcom char This command takes a Tcl character (internal representation) and converts it into a string which is accepted by the Tcl parser when used within a Tcl comment. The string is returned as the result of this command. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category page of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have. KEYWORDS
page, parser generator, quoting, text processing COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2007 Andreas Kupries <andreas_kupries@users.sourceforge.net> page 1.0 page_util_quote(n)