Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: link LDAP-Users
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users link LDAP-Users Post 302102121 by Sowser on Monday 8th of January 2007 11:42:45 AM
Old 01-08-2007
link ldap users

Check out something called metadirectory, it is made by a company called CriticalPath. It may be able to do what you need.

-S

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Equivalent of ADMCHG for LDAP Users

All newly created Aix5 users are forced to change password first time when they log in. We know removing the ADMCHG flag in passwd file will not prompt the user for change password. But we are trying to figure out the similar solution if the user is created as a LDAP user ?. Any help? Thanks... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vipas
0 Replies

2. Solaris

LDAP users with RBAC Roles

I have an issue with integration between Microsoft LDAP users and RBAC roles defined in a Solaris box. to explain more , i managed to integrate Microsoft Active Directory user loggings to Solaris boxes. I've done it to centralize user repo. and instead of creating admin accounts on more than... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mduweik
9 Replies

3. Linux

Monitor ldap users

Any way to find the ldap users currently logged into the clinets ? I am using Openldap with NFS for home directory mounts. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nitin09
0 Replies

4. Programming

g++ fails to link to static library when compilation and link in single command

Hello All, I've encountered a strange behaviour from g++ that doesn't make sense to me. Maybe you can shed some light on it: I have a bunch of source files and want to compile them and link them with a static library liba.a located in /usr/local/lib64 into an executable Approach 1 works... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: magelord
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] Symbolic link not allowed or link target not accessible

Hi everybody, I read about treads realted to this issue but they did not resovle issue given below. Please help me resolve issue given below I have html file under /srv/www/htdocs/actual_folder ls actual_folder/ test.html and following link works... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbielgn
0 Replies

6. Linux

Help me with all users ldap

Need to find the ldap id's of all the users in my organizations... is there any command??? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Syed Imran
0 Replies

7. AIX

RBAC and LDAP users (AD)

Hello everyone, I am having trouble with something, and I can't find the right answer online. On our company, we are using LDAP Authentication with Active Directory (Windows 2008 Servers) to have a centralized management of AIX 7.1 users. So far so good, but now, we want to implement RBAC on... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Janpol
7 Replies

8. Solaris

/var/adm/messages (interface turned off/restored) and link up & link down message.

Hi All I am facing an issue with our new solaris machine. in /var/adm/messages root@Prod-App1:/var/tmp# root@Prod-App1:/var/tmp# root@Prod-App1:/var/tmp# cat /var/adm//messages Apr 20 03:10:01 Prod-App1 syslogd: line 25: WARNING: loghost could not be resolved Apr 20 08:24:18 Prod-App1... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: javeedkaleem
0 Replies

9. Solaris

/var/adm/messages (insterface turned off/restored) and link up & link down message.

Hi All I am facing an issue with our new solaris machine. in /var/adm/messages Apr 22 16:43:05 Prod-App1 in.routed: interface net0 to 172.16.101.1 turned off Apr 22 16:43:33 Prod-App1 mac: NOTICE: nxge0 link up, 1000 Mbps, full duplex Apr 22 16:43:34 Prod-App1 mac: NOTICE: nxge0 link... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: javeedkaleem
2 Replies

10. Solaris

LDAP Client not connecting to LDAP server

I have very limited knowledge on LDAP configuration and have been trying fix one issue, but unsuccessful. The server, I am working on, is Solaris-10 zone. sudoers is configured on LDAP (its not on local server). I have access to login directly on server with root, but somehow sudo is not working... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
9 Replies
CP(1)							      General Commands Manual							     CP(1)

NAME
cp, cpdir - file copy SYNOPSIS
cp [-pifsmrRvx] file1 file2 cp [-pifsrRvx] file ... directory cpdir [-ifvx] file1 file2 OPTIONS
-p Preserve full mode, uid, gid and times -i Ask before removing existing file -f Forced remove existing file -s Make similar, copy some attributes -m Merge trees, disable the into-a-directory trick -r Copy directory trees with link structure, etc. intact -R Copy directory trees and treat special files as ordinary -v Display what cp is doing -x Do not cross device boundaries EXAMPLES
cp oldfile newfile # Copy oldfile to newfile cp -R dir1 dir2 # Copy a directory tree DESCRIPTION
Cp copies one file to another, or copies one or more files to a directory. Special files are normally opened and read, unless -r is used. -r also copies the link structure, something -R doesn't care about. The -s option differs from -p that it only copies the times if the target file already exists. A normal copy only copies the mode of the file, with the file creation mask applied. Set-uid bits are cleared if the owner cannot be set. (The -s flag does not patronize you by clearing bits. Alas -s and -r are nonstandard.) Cpdir is a convenient synonym for cp -psmr to make a precise copy of a directory tree. SEE ALSO
cat(1), mkdir(1), rmdir(1), ln(1), rm(1). CP(1)