Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Unix DNS help
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Unix DNS help Post 302102075 by SkySmart on Monday 8th of January 2007 08:20:34 AM
Old 01-08-2007
i dont recommend reading books since they're mostly a waste of time to me.

utilize google. google will provide you with actual real life situations that can greatly resemble that of your work environment and u dont have to go slapping around book pages to find something.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dns

Greetings to all, I have not been in a unix environment for many years, but I am back. Question is regarding how to setup or check how it's configured is DNS on a SPARCstation 20 runing SunOS 4.1.4 2 sun4m I have a DNS server on the network and would like the sun box to use it for it's name... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: DLongan
22 Replies

2. IP Networking

Dns

I would like to set up a DNS on my system, just to learn really, how difficult and what all is involved in the set up? How difficult? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jo calamine
6 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris DNS Client For Microsoft DNS Server

hey guys, how to add soalris box as a microsoft DNS Client ? and how to register in the microsoft DNS ?? i managed to query from the DNS server after adding /etc/resolve.conf and editing /etc/nsswitch.conf but i need to register the soalris server (dns Client) into Microsoft DNS automatically.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mduweik
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

DNS server choice: Windows DNS vs Linux BIND

I'd like to get some opnions on choosing DNS server: Windows DNS vs Linux BIND comparrsion: 1) managment, easy of use 2) Security 3) features 4) peformance 5) ?? I personally prefer Windows DNS server for management, it supports GUI and command line. But I am not sure about security... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: honglus
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

DNS on Unix box issues

Hi Guys, Just wanted to seek your assistance on an issue encountered with one of our client DNS server query. we have 2 sets of DNS servers.. internal and external. For Internal to reach the external DNS server (DMZ) it has to go through 2 FWs. Current settings: - FW rules for Internal... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hotshot8259
3 Replies

6. Red Hat

DNS A-Record point to another DNS

Hi, I have a question on how to point the DNS server-1's A-record to second DNS server, which is DNS server-2. So, the computer can access other domain which only listed in the DNS server-2. The scenario is as follow: http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/6333/12234.png How to configure this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Paris Heng
4 Replies

7. Red Hat

DHCP & DNS - Clients get IP but don't register in DNS

I am trying to setup a CentOS 6.2 server that will be doing 3 things DHCP, DNS & Samba for a very small office (2 users). The idea being this will replace a very old Win2k server. The users are all windows based clients so only the server will be Linux based. I've installed CentOS 6.2 with... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: FireBIade
4 Replies

8. Red Hat

dns

how do we update dns zone file entries without restarting named demon (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhay1983
5 Replies

9. Solaris

DNS client added to DNS server but not working

Hi, We have built a new server (RHEL VM)and added that IP/hostname into dns zone configs file on DNS server (Solaris 10). Reloaded the configuration using and added nameserver into resolv.conf on client. But when I am trying nslookup, its not getting resolved. The nameserver is not able to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: snchaudhari2
8 Replies
GO-LIST(1)						      General Commands Manual							GO-LIST(1)

NAME
go - tool for managing Go source code SYNOPSIS
go list [-e] [-f format] [-json] [ packages ] DESCRIPTION
List lists the packages named by the import paths, one per line. The default output shows the package import path: code.google.com/p/google-api-go-client/books/v1 code.google.com/p/goauth2/oauth code.google.com/p/sqlite OPTIONS
-f The -f flag specifies an alternate format for the list, using the syntax of package template. The default output is equivalent to -f '{{.ImportPath}}'. The struct being passed to the template is: type Package struct { Dir string // directory containing package sources ImportPath string // import path of package in dir Name string // package name Doc string // package documentation string Target string // install path Goroot bool // is this package in the Go root? Standard bool // is this package part of the standard Go library? Stale bool // would 'go install' do anything for this package? Root string // Go root or Go path dir containing this package // Source files GoFiles []string // .go source files (excluding CgoFiles, TestGoFiles, XTestGoFiles) CgoFiles []string // .go sources files that import "C" CFiles []string // .c source files HFiles []string // .h source files SFiles []string // .s source files SysoFiles []string // .syso object files to add to archive // Cgo directives CgoCFLAGS []string // cgo: flags for C compiler CgoLDFLAGS []string // cgo: flags for linker CgoPkgConfig []string // cgo: pkg-config names // Dependency information Imports []string // import paths used by this package Deps []string // all (recursively) imported dependencies // Error information Incomplete bool // this package or a dependency has an error Error *PackageError // error loading package DepsErrors []*PackageError // errors loading dependencies TestGoFiles []string // _test.go files in package TestImports []string // imports from TestGoFiles XTestGoFiles []string // _test.go files outside package XTestImports []string // imports from XTestGoFiles } -json The -json flag causes the package data to be printed in JSON format instead of using the template format. -e The -e flag changes the handling of erroneous packages, those that cannot be found or are malformed. By default, the list command prints an error to standard error for each erroneous package and omits the packages from consideration during the usual printing. With the -e flag, the list command never prints errors to standard error and instead processes the erroneous packages with the usual printing. Erroneous packages will have a non-empty ImportPath and a non-nil Error field; other information may or may not be miss- ing (zeroed). For more about specifying packages, see go-packages(7). AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Michael Stapelberg <stapelberg@debian.org>, for the Debian project (and may be used by others). 2012-05-13 GO-LIST(1)