Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sending mail from a script
Operating Systems HP-UX sending mail from a script Post 302102020 by ranj@chn on Monday 8th of January 2007 01:32:25 AM
Old 01-08-2007
see this

Code:
mailx -s "server is up" abc@site.com <mail_body.txt

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending Mail Thru Unix Script

What are all the things that should be configured in order to send a mail from Unix box. An eg. program of sending a mail will help me a lot!!!!!! Thanks in advance -Om (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Omkumar
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Issue on sending a mail with attachment using unix script ?

Issue on sending a mail with attachment using unix script ? Below is my code and is working fine and there is a issue in the attachment, the attachment file printing as a text-encripted message in the mail draft box instead of putting as a attachment (cat $msg; uuencode $attach1 in1.txt ;... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gksenthilkumar
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sending a mail using shell script

Please help me in writing the script for sending an attachment through email.(For example my text file name is :abc.txt and it is in directory d:/abc) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anitha126
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sending a mail from unix script doubt

HI i usually send an a file attachment in a mail from unix like following. mailx -s 'Job Success' someoner@gmail.com < attachment.log But I have observed in several threads that we can also use uuencode and uudecode. What are they? when should we use uudecode and uuencode ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajesh_tns
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script for creating log file and sending mail?

Hi , I am trying to create shell script which will help me to compare file name in two folder. There is a multiple file store in 2 folder.I want to compare that with the name. If all the file are same then send a mail that "all date is same" if not then create one log file which contain... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: san_dy123
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script not sending mail

Hi, I have shell script which checks the filesystem check but does not send the mail. I might be missing something very simple.. could you please help? #!/bin/sh _servers="machine name" _out="/tmp/output.$$" _email="me@there.com" _sub="Disk Space Report $(date)" _mail=/usr/bin/mail... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pandee
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending mail from shell script

Hello All, I m trying to send mail from my unix script, I have used the below command mailx -s 'hi' email address < temp.txt It is not giving me any error,but I couldn't receive the mail Can you please help me. Many Thanks, Pragyan (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: prarat
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending Mail via shell script

I am in need of a script that will send out emails while going through a NAT. What I have that works is as follows: display_remote_IP | sort | uniq | while read i do FOUND=0 for IP in `echo $ACCEPTABLEIP` do if ; then FOUND=1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ldapguy
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Fixed Itself!] Sending mail form script using sSMTP does not work

I have installed sSMTP and set it up to use my gmail. Sending from cli does work fine: msg file:From: test@gmail.com To test2@gmail.com Subject: test post This is a test Executing from console:ssmtp -t < msg does work fine. But from script it does not work:#!/bin/sh ssmtp -t < msg... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jotne
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for sending notification mail

hi all, needed a script to send a notfication mail if the specified folder had the copy of the files that are older than 15 days i.ee for example my folder name is SAi and the files are as follows sai.txt copyofsai.txt copyofcopyofsai.txt hemanth.txt copyofcopyofhemanth.txt... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemanthsaikumar
4 Replies
MHMAIL(1)                                                            [nmh-1.5]                                                           MHMAIL(1)

NAME
mhmail - send or read mail SYNOPSIS
mhmail [addrs ...] [-body text] [-cc addrs ...] [-from addr] [-subject subject] [-version] [-help] DESCRIPTION
mhmail is intended as a replacement for the standard Berkeley mail program (mail or mailx), which is compatible with nmh. This program is intended for the use of programs such as cron, which expect to send mail automatically to various users. It is also used by various nmh commands to mail various error notifications. Although mhmail can be used interactively, it is recommended that comp and send be used instead to send messages. When invoked without arguments, it simply invokes inc to incorporate new messages from the user's maildrop. When one or more users is specified, a message is read from the standard input and spooled to a temporary file. mhmail then invokes post with the name of the tempo- rary file as its argument to deliver the message to the specified user. The -subject subject switch can be used to specify the "Subject:" field of the message. By default, mhmail will read the message to be sent from the standard input. You can specify the text of the message at the command line with the -body text switch. If the standard input has zero length, mhmail will not send the message. You can use the switch -body "" to force an empty message. Normally, addresses appearing as arguments are put in the "To:" field. If the -cc switch is used, all addresses following it are placed in the "cc:" field. By using -from addr, you can specify the "From:" header of the draft. Naturally, post will fill-in the "Sender:" header correctly. FILES
/usr/bin/mh/inc Program to incorporate maildrop into folder /usr/lib/mh/post Program to deliver a message /tmp/mhmail* Temporary copy of message SEE ALSO
inc(1), post(8) DEFAULTS
None CONTEXT
If inc is invoked, then inc's context changes occur. MH.6.8 11 June 2012 MHMAIL(1)