Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: validate test failed
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat validate test failed Post 302101972 by newbie06 on Saturday 6th of January 2007 12:20:55 PM
Old 01-06-2007
validate test failed and command not found

hi everybody,

I am new in Linux. I have successfully installed knoppix in my laptop, however, when I want to install ns2.26, some errors occurs in validation test.. It returned "Some Test failed" and it give some comands to re-run the test. I have already set the path before the validation test. When I tried to run any example from the tcl/ex, it returned "bash:command not found"..Is there any different between setting path in redhat and setting path in knoppix although I use same version of ns (ns2.26)? because I've used redhat before and change to knoppix and I've used the same format of setting up the path..Or is there any other problems?..Can anybody help me with thid problem?..I get confius wether i need to edit .bashrc file or .bash_profile? for the time being I've editted .bash_profile. Thank you in advance for your help..

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bad day !! test condition failed --need a one liner to do --help

Hi all this is simple but bad day for me nothing work out .. Problem is that I wan to check the argument passed to my script and accordignly exit or setup ENV variable I have a script name src_cpcp_preproc.sh i want to pass 2 argumet from command line argumet and check it in the script... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: jambesh
13 Replies

2. AIX

SFTP Failed---Request for subsystem 'sftp' failed on channel 0

Hi, While I am trying SFTP my machine to another unix machine , it was working fine till 10 min back. But now i am getting the below error "Request for subsystem 'sftp' failed on channel 0" Could you please someone help me to solve or analyise the root cause... Cheers:b:, Mahiban (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahiban
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Test on string containing spacewhile test 1 -eq 1 do read a $a if test $a = quitC then break fi d

This is the code: while test 1 -eq 1 do read a $a if test $a = stop then break fi done I read a command on every loop an execute it. I check if the string equals the word stop to end the loop,but it say that I gave too many arguments to test. For example echo hello. Now the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Max89
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check weather a string is like test* or test* ot *test* in if condition

How to check weather a string is like test* or test* ot *test* in if condition (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnjerome
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Prefixing test case methods with letter 'test'

Hi, I have a Python unit test cases source code file which contains more than a hundred test case methods. In that, some of the test case methods already have prefix 'test' where as some of them do not have. Now, I need to add the string 'test' (case-sensitive) as a prefix to those of the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Rngd: failed fips test

I have recently enabled the process rngd, but after couple of days i see it got stopped automatically . Below is what i could find from messages file . can someone shed light on what could be the reason and how can this can be taken care? Apr 1 08:12:05 sap01 rngd: failed fips test Apr 1... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: radha254
3 Replies
PERLIVP(1)						 Perl Programmers Reference Guide						PERLIVP(1)

NAME
perlivp - Perl Installation Verification Procedure SYNOPSIS
perlivp [-p] [-v] [-h] DESCRIPTION
The perlivp program is set up at Perl source code build time to test the Perl version it was built under. It can be used after running: make install (or your platform's equivalent procedure) to verify that perl and its libraries have been installed correctly. A correct installation is verified by output that looks like: ok 1 ok 2 etc. OPTIONS
-h help Prints out a brief help message. -p print preface Gives a description of each test prior to performing it. -v verbose Gives more detailed information about each test, after it has been performed. Note that any failed tests ought to print out some extra information whether or not -v is thrown. DIAGNOSTICS
o print "# Perl binary '$perlpath' does not appear executable. "; Likely to occur for a perl binary that was not properly installed. Correct by conducting a proper installation. o print "# Perl version '$]' installed, expected $ivp_VERSION. "; Likely to occur for a perl that was not properly installed. Correct by conducting a proper installation. o print "# Perl @INC directory '$_' does not appear to exist. "; Likely to occur for a perl library tree that was not properly installed. Correct by conducting a proper installation. o print "# Needed module '$_' does not appear to be properly installed. "; One of the two modules that is used by perlivp was not present in the installation. This is a serious error since it adversely affects perlivp's ability to function. You may be able to correct this by performing a proper perl installation. o print "# Required module '$_' does not appear to be properly installed. "; An attempt to "eval "require $module"" failed, even though the list of extensions indicated that it should succeed. Correct by conducting a proper installation. o print "# Unnecessary module 'bLuRfle' appears to be installed. "; This test not coming out ok could indicate that you have in fact installed a bLuRfle.pm module or that the "eval " require "$module_name.pm"; "" test may give misleading results with your installation of perl. If yours is the latter case then please let the author know. o print "# file",+($#missing == 0) ? '' : 's'," missing from installation: "; One or more files turned up missing according to a run of "ExtUtils::Installed -> validate()" over your installation. Correct by conducting a proper installation. For further information on how to conduct a proper installation consult the INSTALL file that comes with the perl source and the README file for your platform. AUTHOR
Peter Prymmer perl v5.16.2 2013-08-25 PERLIVP(1)