Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: pls guide this..
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers pls guide this.. Post 302101721 by maheshwin on Thursday 4th of January 2007 03:36:03 AM
Old 01-04-2007
in real time situations like getting some env variables, or in application development using the oracle which works on linux,coming to part of servers
there are a lot of scenarios like automating task like searching/memory checks
process counts/usercount etc.. like mainly in oracle env used to check database size,users,including the current users online likewise

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SCO

New to SCO -Guide me

Hello can any1 tell me the latest version of SCO. ALso can u give me some of the basic differences between Mandrake Linux and SCO Unix. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rahulrathod
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Guide to Samba

Anyone have guide to install samba on solaris 9 I tried couple of times. --How do I go about uninstalling it? bash-2.05# testparm -s > output.file Load smb config files from /usr/local/samba/lib/smb.conf Processing section "" Processing section "" Loaded services file OK. bash-2.05#... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: brabored
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Pls guide me in learning in Perl Module and packages

Hi, It is very urgent. Pls guide me in learning Perl Module and the Packages. Eventhough i tried in the google, I didnt get upto my expectations. Pls guide me how to create , build Module and the package. Many Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yamini Thoppen
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

installion guide

Hi everyone. I need to install HP-UX 11i and I want user installation guide which shows me how to install HP-UX 11i step by step.:) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ahmedbashir
1 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

GD installation guide asking....

Hi, Does anybody success install GD and apply it in linux? I got trying to install it recently. Unfortunately, it seems like got a lot of error message shown :( Thus anybody got success install and use the GD in linux? Can share it with me? I'm using ia64 linux system. Thanks a lot for all... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
6 Replies

6. Solaris

Best guide for Jumpstart

Hi Gurus, Can you please suggest me any good guides for a Beginner to learn Solaris Jumpstart. Thank You, Rama Krishna. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rama krishna
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Guide me please

Hi All, I am kinda struck at one point :wall: need ur help to move further. Query: My inputs files are Expected output: I am sure there should be similar tread relating my query ..but as i couldnt find the details i am posting again. Please direct me to the tread or reply... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: unibeginner
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

if else statement... need guide

read readTerminal terminal_c=$readTerminal if ; then { #Execute the first SQL query } else echo next script fi anything wrong here? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ment0smintz
2 Replies
PRINTENV(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 					       PRINTENV(1)

NAME
printenv, env -- print out the environment, set and print environment SYNOPSIS
printenv [name] env [-i] [name=value ...] [utility [argument ...]] DESCRIPTION
The printenv utility prints out the names and values of the variables in the environment, with one name/value pair per line. If name is specified, only its value is printed. Some shells may provide a builtin printenv command which is similar or identical to this utility. Consult the builtin(1) manual page. The env utility executes utility after modifying the environment as specified on the command line. The option name=value specifies an envi- ronment variable, name, with a value of value. The options are as follows: -i Execute the utility with only those environment values specified. The environment inherited by env is ignored completely. If no utility is specified, env prints out the names and values of the variables in the environment, with one name/value pair per line. The env utility is sometimes useful with the ``#!'' construct (see execve(2)). The only difference between ``#!/usr/local/bin/foo'' and ``#!/usr/bin/env /usr/local/bin/foo'' is that the latter works even if /usr/local/bin/foo is itself interpreted. Using env this way also allows one to reference foo without the path, as well as set up the environment as desired. ENVIRONMENT
The env utility uses the PATH environment variable is used to locate the requested utility if the name contains no '/' characters. DIAGNOSTICS
The printenv utility exits 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs. The env utility exits 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs. An exit status of 126 indicates utility was found, but could not be executed. An exit status of 127 indicates utility could not be found. COMPATIBILITY
The env utility accepts the - option as a synonym for -i. SEE ALSO
csh(1), sh(1), execvp(3), environ(7) STANDARDS
The env utility conforms to IEEE Std 1003.1-2001 (``POSIX.1''). HISTORY
The printenv command appeared in 3.0BSD. BUGS
The env utility doesn't handle utility arguments with equal (``='') signs in their names, for obvious reasons. BSD
June 6, 1993 BSD