Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: search by modified date
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting search by modified date Post 302101690 by kotasateesh on Thursday 4th of January 2007 12:42:04 AM
Old 01-04-2007
search by modified date

Hello,
How can i search for all the files in a particular directory which are not updated from past 5 days.

Thanks,
Sateesh

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I get the last modified date of a file?

I am trying to load a group of files and their last dates modified into a text file that will in turn be used with SQL*Loader to load these files into Oracle. I am using a *.ksh script. I am getting the name of the file in by using the following: for file_ext in 'cat loaddir.ext'; do find... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: akpopa
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Last Modified Date

Hello, I'm on a practical training and i have to change a shell script which print out a HTML-File with all Printers (and features example: IP, Mac etc.) they have in the factory. The Features of the Printers are on each separate file. i mean every printer have an own file with it features. ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: cengiz
12 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

greping certain modified date

i have a k shell script that grep less than certain modified date ------------------------------------------------- #!/bin/ksh for i in * do day=`ls -ltr | grep $i | tr -s " " | cut -d " " -f6-7 | awk 'substr($0,7,4)substr($0,1,5)substr($0,11)<"Feb 1"' ` echo $day done... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali560045
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Last Modified Date for subfolders

Sorry for the basic question, but I have a feeling that my developers are circumventing our change control process, and I want to be able to easily keep track of the last modified date of sub-folders of the production folder. Basically, we have this major folder PROD, and then each application... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saint01
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

search and add same line modified in iptables

I have in iptables file the following: -A RUN -p tcp -m tcp -s ipaddress1 --dport xxx --syn -j ACCEPT -A RUN -p tcp -m tcp -s ipaddress2 --dport xxx --syn -j ACCEPT And I want to add for each ipaddress1 and ipaddress2 another IP address Like this: -A RUN -p tcp -m tcp -s ipaddress1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mansor
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can i search a file which has been created or modified in last five minutes

Hi Can some one please help me How can i search a file which has been created or modified in last five minutes I have used the command find . -mmin -5 and it does not work i get an error -mmin is bad option Please help Much regards Tarun (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tarundeepdhawan
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

search last modified file and process it

Hello, trying to build a shell script that - searches in defined location for similar files (eg. containing pattern in file name) - Identifies last modified - stores name in variable for processing Thanks a lot (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alice07
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need to search for keywords within files modified at a certain time

I have a huge list of files in an Unix directory (around 10000 files). I need to be able to search for a certain keyword only within files that are modified between certain date and time, say for e.g 2012-08-20 12:30 to 2012-08-20 12:40 Can someone let me know what would be the fastest way... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: virtual123
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to copy creation date over top of modified date?

Can someone draw up a script that for every file, folder and subfolder and files that will copy the creation date over top of the modified date?? I know how to touch every file recursively, but no idea how to read a files creation date then use that to touch the modification date of that file,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: toysareforboys
3 Replies

10. OS X (Apple)

Arrange file by modified date

Hi, Am performing a find based on filename and result can contain multiple files being found Let's say my find command is find /Archive -f -name 12345.pdf and result of find command is /Archive/Folder A/12345.pdf /Archive/Folder B/12345.pdf please note white space in folder names I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gigagigosu
2 Replies
SENDINPATHS(8)						    InterNetNews Documentation						    SENDINPATHS(8)

NAME
sendinpaths - Send Usenet Path: statistics via e-mail SYNOPSIS
sendinpaths [-cdhn] [-k keep-days] [-r report-days] [address [address ...]] DESCRIPTION
sendinpaths checks pathlog/path for ninpaths dump files, finds dump files generated in the past report-days days, makes sure they are valid by running ninpaths on each one and making sure the exit status is zero, and passes them to ninpaths to generate a cumulative report. By default, that report is mailed to the e-mail addresses configured at the beginning of this script (by default, only one address is configured: <top1000@anthologeek.net>) in order to supply the TOP1000 project with useful statistics. See <http://top1000.anthologeek.net/> for more information. When finished, sendinpaths deletes all dump files in pathlog/path that are older than keep-days days. For more information on how to set up ninpaths, see ninpaths(8). OPTIONS
-c When this flag is used, the report is also e-mailed, besides the default submission addresses or those given as command-line arguments, to the newsmaster's address set at configure time. -d Enables debug messages. -h Gives usage information. -k keep-days After having processed dump files, sendinpaths removes those that are older than keep-days days. The default is 0, that is to say to remove all dump files. Setting keep-days to another value can be useful for debugging purpose because it permits to keep a few dump files. -n Don't e-mail the report; instead, just print it to standard output. Don't delete old dump files. -r report-days Process dump files generated during the last report-days days. The default is 32, that is to say to process all the dump files that have been generated during the last 32 days (if, of course, they have not been deleted yet by a previous run of sendinpaths according to the value set by the -k flag). address ... E-mail the report to the mentioned address or addresses, instead of the default one. Several addresses can be used, separated by whitespace. For instance, for two adresses: sendinpaths pathsurvey@top1000.org top1000@anthologeek.net HISTORY
sendinpaths was written by Olaf Titz <olaf@bigred.inka.de>. $Id: sendinpaths.pod 9384 2011-12-25 20:57:03Z iulius $ SEE ALSO
ninpaths(8). INN 2.5.3 2012-06-15 SENDINPATHS(8)