Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users help with perl module installation Post 302101651 by nathan on Wednesday 3rd of January 2007 03:36:13 PM
Old 01-03-2007
It's not your module - although you may have problems with that in the future.

Quote:
when I try to use the perl module in a perl code - its showing :

/home/mukher2> perl testpl.pl
syntax error at testpl.pl line 11, near "use Spreadsheet::WriteExcel"
Execution of testpl.pl aborted due to compilation errors.
/home/mukher2>
This is a syntax error. Your perl script won't even compile, which means it's not written correctly. It hasn't even tried to load the module yet.

Can you paste the lines around line 11 of your script?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace Perl Module name in all Perl scripts

I want to replace a Perl module name in all my Perl Scripts in the cgi-bin directory. How is it possible? I have the following statement in my scripts use myUtil; I want to change it to use myUtil777; Regards, Rahul (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahulrathod
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl module installation problems... experts advice needed,...

---------- This is perl, v5.6.1 built for MSWin32-x86-multi-thread (with 1 registered patch, see perl -V for more detail) ----------in win 2000 advanced server,.. i am somewhat comfortable with perl but i am new to perl modules.. when i tried to install xml::simple and xml::parser there... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sekar sundaram
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Module installation

Hi All, I am failry new to Perl.I am trying to install a Perl module (Filesys::df.pm) in an IBM AIX5.3 server.But I could not succeed in that.I am getting the following error: abcd3dev# make cc_r -c -D_ALL_SOURCE -D_ANSI_C_SOURCE -D_POSIX_SOURCE -qmaxmem=16384 -qnoansialias... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: surjithss
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling perl subroutine from perl expect module

All, Is it possible to call a subroutine from the perl expect module after logging to a system that is within the same program. My situation is I need to run a logic inside a machine that I'm logging in using the expect module, the logic is also available in the same expect program. Thanks,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: arun_maffy
5 Replies

5. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Strawberry perl - New TK module installation error

Hi, I am struggling in installing TK module for strawberry perl. I downloaded TK804 module, extracted to a folder, kept in c:/strawberry/perl/lib path, then from tht path 1) perl makefile.pl 2)dmake 3)dmake test 4)dmake install During perl makefile.pl it is giving error as... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasanth.vadalur
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem during perl module installation

Hi 'm getting error while installing perl mdule on linux.can any one tell me how to resolve that error? problem is: CPAN: File::Temp loaded ok (v0.22) CPAN.pm: Going to build J/JD/JDB/Win32-OLE-0.1709.tar.gz OS unsupported Warning: No success on command Warning (usually harmless):... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kavi.mogu
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

Network card module installation

Hi, I am using Red Hat 9.0 and it does not have the inbuilt driver module for my onboard lan card (RTL 8169). I downloaded the module (file - r8169-6.017.00.tar.bz2 and even r8169-6.015.00.tar.bz2), but when try to install it it says r8169.h , r8169_n.c , Makefile etc are not ELF formats. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dextergenious
0 Replies

8. Linux

Network card module installation

Hi, I am using Red Hat 9.0 and it does not have the inbuilt driver module for my onboard lan card (RTL 8169). I downloaded the module (file - r8169-6.017.00.tar.bz2 and even r8169-6.015.00.tar.bz2), but when try to install it it says r8169.h , r8169_n.c , Makefile etc are... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dextergenious
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Module Installation issue.

I have issue with the perl module installed in the new Linux server I have installed the required module, but still the perl program was not able to find the path I'm getting the below error: Can't locate Log/Log4perl.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/Log4perl.pm... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: help_scr_seeker
5 Replies
Test::Script(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					 Test::Script(3pm)

NAME
Test::Script - Basic cross-platform tests for scripts DESCRIPTION
The intent of this module is to provide a series of basic tests for 80% of the testing you will need to do for scripts in the script (or bin as is also commonly used) paths of your Perl distribution. Further, it aims to provide this functionality with perfect platform-compatibility, and in a way that is as unobtrusive as possible. That is, if the program works on a platform, then Test::Script should always work on that platform as well. Anything less than 100% is considered unacceptable. In doing so, it is hoped that Test::Script can become a module that you can safely make a dependency of all your modules, without risking that your module won't on some platform because of the dependency. Where a clash exists between wanting more functionality and maintaining platform safety, this module will err on the side of platform safety. FUNCTIONS
script_compiles script_compiles( 'script/foo.pl', 'Main script compiles' ); The "script_compiles" test calls the script with "perl -c script.pl", and checks that it returns without error. The path it should be passed is a relative unix-format script name. This will be localised when running "perl -c" and if the test fails the local name used will be shown in the diagnostic output. Note also that the test will be run with the same perl interpreter that is running the test script (and not with the default system perl). This will also be shown in the diagnostic output on failure. script_runs script_runs( 'script/foo.pl', 'Main script runs' ); The "script_runs" test executes the script with "perl script.pl" and checks that it returns success. The path it should be passed is a relative unix-format script name. This will be localised when running "perl -c" and if the test fails the local name used will be shown in the diagnostic output. The test will be run with the same perl interpreter that is running the test script (and not with the default system perl). This will also be shown in the diagnostic output on failure. SUPPORT
All bugs should be filed via the bug tracker at <http://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/ReportBug.html?Queue=Test-Script> For other issues, or commercial enhancement and support, contact the author. AUTHOR
Adam Kennedy <adamk@cpan.org> SEE ALSO
prove, <http://ali.as/> COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2006 - 2009 Adam Kennedy. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of the license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. perl v5.10.1 2009-11-24 Test::Script(3pm)