Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Can't uninstall MYSQL from RED HAT ES Post 302101623 by CollenM on Wednesday 3rd of January 2007 10:32:43 AM
Old 01-03-2007
Question Can't uninstall MYSQL from RED HAT ES

Hi Everyone

Could you kindly advise on how I should do a chkconfig and uninstalling mysql rpm on Red hat ES.Please check the errors that I'm getting below. Smilie

I need to uninstall MySQL completely from my linux system ver 2.4.21-37 and use the chkconfig command to switch it on permanently after reinstalling it but I'm getting the below error on both my servers.My SQL is installed and the mysqld is running.

klmback:mms$ rpm -e mysql*
error: package mysql-3.23.58-16.RHEL3.1.i386.rpm is not installed
error: package mysql-3.23.58-1.i386.rpm is not installed
error: package mysql-bench-3.23.58-16.RHEL3.1.i386.rpm is not installed
error: package mysql-client-3.23.58-1.i386.rpm is not installed
error: package mysql-devel-3.23.58-16.RHEL3.1.i386.rpm is not installed
error: package mysql-server-3.23.58-1.72.i386.rpm is not installed
klmback:mms$ rpm -e MySQL*
error: package MySQL is not installed
error: package MySQL-client-4.0.21-0.i386.rpm is not installed
error: package MySQL-client-standard-4.1.16-1.rhel3.i386.rpm is not installed
error: package MySQL-devel-standard-4.1.16-1.rhel3.i386.rpm is not installed
error: package MySQL-python-0.9.1-6.i386.rpm is not installed
error: package MySQL-server-4.0.21-0.i386.rpm is not installed
error: package MySQL-server-standard-4.1.16-1.rhel3.i386.rpm is not installed
error: package MySQL-shared-standard-4.1.16-1.rhel3.i386.rpm is not installed
klmback:mms$ rpm -qa | grep i mysql
grep: mysql: No such file or directory
klmback:mms$ rpm -qa | grep -i mysql
MySQL-client-standard-4.1.21-0.rhel3
MySQL-server-standard-4.1.21-0.rhel3
klmback:mms$

root 32090 0.0 0.0 4212 1120 ? S 16:26 0:00 /bin/sh /usr/bin/mysqld_safe --datadir=/var/lib/mysql --pid-file=/var/lib/mysql/klmback.pid
mysql 32114 0.0 0.7 48428 14716 ? S 16:26 0:00 /usr/sbin/mysqld --basedir=/ --datadir=/var/lib/mysql --user=mysql --pid-file=/var/lib/mysql/k
root 459 0.0 0.0 6844 2024 ? S 16:42 0:00 sshd: mms [priv]

klmback: mms logged out at Wed Jan 3 17:04:15 SAST 2007
Connection to klmback closed.
klmdisp:mms$ chkconfig
-bash: chkconfig: command not found
klmdisp:mms$ chkconfig mysqld on
-bash: chkconfig: command not found
klmdisp:mms$

I tried to install the rpm packed for chkconfig but does not want to install.

Thanks

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Red Hat 7.2.....

I just installed red hat 7.2 on my laptop. it's dual booted with xp and red hat. when i boot in to linux it boots up to the screen to ask me my name and pass....i put in root and my password. after this it goes to a blue screen and sits there. the after about 2 minutes it comes up with a fatal... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: muzscman
1 Replies

2. Linux

Red Hat?

I have a Red Hat upgrade disk. I installed it and it corrupted my entire hard drive! I had gotten the disks out of a Dummy's book at my local library. Trying to install 'Red Hat', has cost me $100.00 in damages. (The cool part is my friend gave me that $100.00 part) Ah...A 120gig Hard Drive. Just... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hdk_mkr
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Red Hat 9 help

please help me how to install softwares in linux.i have a ethernet internet connection.i try to open the site on LAN to download internet client.but i cannot as our lan supports only internet explorer....i downloaded the linux client by booting thru XP......but i cannot c my NTFS partition thru... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shobhit143
0 Replies

4. Linux

red hat ee 2.6.9-42

hello. I would be greatfull if someone could tell me how will i see what dns server and gateway my red hat server uses. I tryied to find out by typing ifconfig command but i got : -bash: ifconfig: command not found , although man ifonconfig gives output with info about using that command. Is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tonijel
3 Replies

5. Red Hat

Red Hat E 3

I'm am working with a Red Hat Enterprise 3 server. This is a dedicated server that is supposedly dedicated to one domain, but I have been tasked with trying to figure out if there are files on this system that are being accessed by other IP's. Does anyone know if how I would go about finding... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrisPlusPlus
0 Replies

6. Red Hat

Red-hat

Hello, How do I see what IP addresses are connected to my machine? thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sonomao
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

How to install and uninstall apache on Red Hat Linux 5

Hi All, I installed Linus on virtual PC on my system. I want to configure apache on it. Also i want to install nagios and want to access through web broser from my system. How can I do this. Kindly provide soln its required urgently......... plsssssssssssssssss (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunray
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to know if i use "Red Hat Enterprise Linux" or "Red Hat Desktop" ?

how to know if i use "Red Hat Enterprise Linux" or "Red Hat Desktop" ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmedamer12
2 Replies
TC(8)								       Linux								     TC(8)

NAME
choke - choose and keep scheduler SYNOPSIS
tc qdisc ... choke limit packets min packets max packets avpkt bytes burst packets [ ecn ] [ bandwidth rate ] probability chance DESCRIPTION
CHOKe (CHOose and Keep for responsive flows, CHOose and Kill for unresponsive flows) is a classless qdisc designed to both identify and penalize flows that monopolize the queue. CHOKe is a variation of RED, and the configuration is similar to RED. ALGORITHM
Once the queue hits a certain average length, a random packet is drawn from the queue. If both the to-be-queued and the drawn packet belong to the same flow, both packets are dropped. Otherwise, if the queue length is still below the maximum length, the new packet has a config- urable chance of being marked (which may mean dropped). If the queue length exceeds max, the new packet will always be marked (or dropped). If the queue length exceeds limit, the new packet is always dropped. The marking probability computation is the same as used by the RED qdisc. PARAMETERS
The parameters are the same as for RED, except that RED uses bytes whereas choke counts packets. See tc-red(8) for a description. SOURCE
o R. Pan, B. Prabhakar, and K. Psounis, "CHOKe, A Stateless Active Queue Management Scheme for Approximating Fair Bandwidth Alloca- tion", IEEE INFOCOM, 2000. o A. Tang, J. Wang, S. Low, "Understanding CHOKe: Throughput and Spatial Characteristics", IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, 2004 SEE ALSO
tc(8), tc-red(8) AUTHOR
sched_choke was contributed by Stephen Hemminger. iproute2 August 2011 TC(8)