Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Unable to ssh out
Operating Systems AIX Unable to ssh out Post 302101504 by makki on Tuesday 2nd of January 2007 11:04:23 AM
Old 01-02-2007
This error message tells that your binary was compiled and linked on another operating system level. Shared library /usr/lib/libc.a(shr.o) has been chaged by having new funtions. That's exporteed function is not exported on your host.
You should get a newer compilation or compile it for yourself.

I've got that error when try to execute a binary on AIX433 being compiled on AIX53. The linker makes my code remember what functions are exported by compile time on 5.3 and makes a compare when execute to the current exports on 4.33 even I do not use those functions.

My error is:
Could not load program /remote/dmsrv2/rpm/makki/atlantis-ivt:
Symbol resolution failed for atlantis-ivt because:
Symbol ___memset (number 57) is not exported from dependent
module /usr/lib/libc.a(shr.o).
Symbol ___memmove (number 58) is not exported from dependent
Symbol ___fill (number 59) is not exported from dependent
Symbol __fd_select (number 124) is not exported from dependent
Examine .loader section symbols with the 'dump -Tv' command.

It has right, running 'dump -Tv /usr/lib/libc.a' shows those functions are exported on AIX 5.2 but are missing on AIX433.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Unable to install SSH

Hello!! I have an HP-UX 11.23 box. I downloaded an SSH depot file form HP website. Using SAM, I tried to install the depot file. However, SAM declared "it cannot find any compatible depot file to install". Due to that, I tried using command line 'swinstall' just like HP tutorial taught me.... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jembalang
8 Replies

2. Linux

Unable to ssh using identity keys

Hi all, i am trying to ssh into a remote server without password, i tried the command with the verbose command 'ssh -v -l user1 10.10.10.10'OpenSSH_3.6.1p2, SSH protocols 1.5/2.0, OpenSSL 0x0090701f debug1: Reading configuration data /etc/ssh/ssh_config debug1: Applying options for * debug1:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: new2ss
0 Replies

3. SuSE

Unable to telnet (non-ssh) as root

Hi forum, I face a strange issue. I'm able to telnet as root with ssh. But I'm not able to telnet (non-ssh) as root to my Suse 10 machine. Can someone please point to significant files where I need to make changes for Suse 10 machine and resolve this issue. Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anilgurwara
2 Replies

4. HP-UX

Unable to connect SSH from HP-UX

Hi, I'm trying to connect from an HP-UX with SSH2 client(ssh2 3.1.2 on hppa1.1-hp-hpux11.00) to an SSH2 server on a VxWorks system. The SSH connection is failing with the below connection logs: > /usr/local/bin/ssh2 -v -l testuser 10.10.10.10 debug: Ssh2/ssh2.c:1391: Using file... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ysafi
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to run application using ssh

I'm testing a C++ based application (HLR) in my solaris system. Whenever i start the application remotely from some other solaris server using ssh command the application throws an error and goes down. command i used: ssh root@192.168.151.77 "./start_hlr.sh" Below is the error observed : ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Arun_Linux
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to automate SSH in Script

Hi I have a script at Server B. I want to run it from server A via another script. I tried the following command. ssh mss@247.123.456.123 "sh pm10.sh" It's getting login automatically, but while running the script through error like "reppar: command not found" where reppar is an application... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajeshmepco
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to run command after ssh

Hello, I am trying to create a ksh script to login to server and collect gather output of some command to troubleshoot some issue. DATE=`date +%b.%d.%Y.%M.%H` echo " Enter emp id to login to server" read Eid Eid=$Eid echo " Enter hostname of the system" read HOST HOST=$HOST... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurabh84g
2 Replies

8. SuSE

Unable to putty using ssh at port 22

I installed linux on one of my system and assigned valid network ip to it. I am able to connect to net properly. But when I try to putty this system from another system using ssh at port 22 then it gives me connection timed out error. When I ping the system it responds fine but still unable to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
2 Replies

9. HP-UX

Unable to ssh to server in HP-UX.

Hello Experts, I'm Unable to ssh to server after killing few processes on /opt filesystems. Can you please help me to resolve this. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: purushottamaher
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to loop with ssh

I read a file (iplist.txt) ine-by-line in a loop which has the list of all the server hostnames. With each hostname read; I do ssh and fire multiple commands to gather information about that systemas shown below. #!/bin/bash while IFS='' read -r line || ]; do echo "Text read from file:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
3 Replies
USELIB(2)						     Linux Programmer's Manual							 USELIB(2)

NAME
uselib - load shared library SYNOPSIS
#include <unistd.h> int uselib(const char *library); DESCRIPTION
The system call uselib() serves to load a shared library to be used by the calling process. It is given a pathname. The address where to load is found in the library itself. The library can have any recognized binary format. RETURN VALUE
On success, zero is returned. On error, -1 is returned, and errno is set appropriately. ERRORS
In addition to all of the error codes returned by open(2) and mmap(2), the following may also be returned: EACCES The library specified by library does not have read or execute permission, or the caller does not have search permission for one of the directories in the path prefix. (See also path_resolution(7).) ENFILE The system limit on the total number of open files has been reached. ENOEXEC The file specified by library is not an executable of known type, e.g., does not have the correct magic numbers. CONFORMING TO
uselib() is Linux-specific, and should not be used in programs intended to be portable. NOTES
uselib() was used by early libc startup code to load the shared libraries with names found in an array of names in the binary. Since libc 4.3.2, startup code tries to prefix these names with "/usr/lib", "/lib" and "" before giving up. In libc 4.3.4 and later these names are looked for in the directories found in LD_LIBRARY_PATH, and if not found there, prefixes "/usr/lib", "/lib" and "/" are tried. From libc 4.4.4 on only the library "/lib/ld.so" is loaded, so that this dynamic library can load the remaining libraries needed (again using this call). This is also the state of affairs in libc5. glibc2 does not use this call. SEE ALSO
ar(1), gcc(1), ld(1), ldd(1), mmap(2), open(2), dlopen(3), capabilities(7), ld.so(8) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 3.53 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, and information about reporting bugs, can be found at http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. Linux 2005-01-09 USELIB(2)