Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Using variables in sed commands Post 302101493 by hcclnoodles on Tuesday 2nd of January 2007 07:56:15 AM
Old 01-02-2007
thank you it works

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Subing Variables with commands.

Hi, I'm back! Ok, I'm trying to use a variable with a value of a unix command. So when I try a=`ls`, then echo $a I get the correct answer. But when I try it with a pipe: a=`ls | wc -c`, then echo $a I get: filename: a: command not found I've tried so many ways I presumme it's the pipe... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Astudent
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Subtracting Variables which are commands

I have this idea. I have a variable for the start of someones log in time, (start=`who am i | cut -c30-34`) and a variable for the log out time or present time, (end=`date | cut -c12-16`) but how do I go about subtracting them to get the total log in time. I've tried adding a another variable... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Astudent
2 Replies

3. Answers to Frequently Asked Questions

Passing variables/arguments/parameters to commands

A good place to start is simple variable passing.... Passing variables from one script to another The next level is passing a variable into a more complex command such as using a variable in a sed command. There are some simple quoting techniques that are very general. These are mentioned... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perderabo
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Referencing variables in commands

The script I am writing must be able to run several commands (tar, gzip etc) on filenames that are supplied by variables. I am unsure as to what syntax is required/ideal when referencing variables in filenames. The following is a sample command that I would like the script to execute: tar cvf... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mharley
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Storing commands in $variables.

Hi I'm trying to store commands in variables... like so.. # lastcmd=" $t1 | $t2 | $t3 | $t4 | sort | uniq" t1="sed -e 's/http:/<li><a href=\"http:/'" t2="sed -e 's/http:.*/&\">&<\/a>Web Link<br>/'" t3="sed -e 's/.*. mailto:/<li><a href=\"mailto:/'" t4="sed -e... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Paulw0t
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using variables within awk/sed commands

Can I use my own variables within awk and sed for example: I've written a while loop with a counter $i and I want to use the value of $i within sed and awk to edit certain lines of text within a data file. I want to use : sed '1s/$/texthere/g' data.csv Like this: sed '$is/$/$age/g' data.csv... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mustaine85
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Piping through commands read as variables from file

This is going to be part of a longer script with more features, but I have boiled it down to the one thing that is presently stumping me. The goal is a script which checks for updates to web pages that can be run as a cron job. The script reads (from a tab-delim file) a URL, an MD5 digest, and an... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fitzwilliam
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send Remote Commands via SSH with variables

Hi there I found the Command to send commands to other servers like: sv01> ssh user@sv02 'ps -ef' But I cant use Variables from a script i want to execute on another server like: sv01> ssh user@sv02 'cd $SCRIPTHOME' although the variable is set on sv01. How can I run commands on sv02 with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DarkSwiss
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Variables into SED or AWK and multiple commands

Hello I am hoping you may help. I am not sure how to go about this exactly, I know the tools but not sure how to make them work together. I have two SED commands that I would like to run in a shell script. I would like to take the manual input of a user (types in when prompted) to be used... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lostincashe
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to put variables commands in config files?

Hi All, Seeking for your assistance on how to put in variables all the commands in /bin config files: /home/test/config_file/config.cfg cat /home/test/config_file/config.cfg ECHO=/bin/echo LS=/bin/lsMain script cat test.sh source=/home/test/config_file/config.cfg ECHO=$ECHO LS=$LS#i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: znesotomayor
3 Replies
pcan(7D)							      Devices								  pcan(7D)

NAME
pcan - Cisco Aironet 802.11b wireless NIC driver DESCRIPTION
The pcan wireless NIC driver is a multi-threaded, loadable, clonable, GLDv3-based STREAMS driver. It supports the pccard and PCI/MiniPCI cards with the Cisco Aironet 802.11b chipset. For pccard, the driver works in both SPARC and x86 (32-bit/64-bit) modes. For PCI/MiniPCI card, the driver works in 32-bit x86 mode only. DRIVER CONFIGURATION
The pcan driver supports 802.11b data rates of 1, 2, 5.5 and 11 (Mbits/sec). The default is 11. The pcan driver supports BSS networks (also known as "ap" or "infrastructure" networks) and IBSS networks (also known as "ad-hoc" net- works). For authentication type, the pcan driver supports the "open" (or "open-system") mode. For encryption type, only WEP is currently supported. You perform configuration and administration tasks using the dladm(1M) and wificonfig(1M) utilities. FILES
/dev/pcan* Special character device. /kernel/drv/pcan 32-bit ELF kernel module (x86). /kernel/drv/amd64/pcan 64-bit ELF kernel module (x86). /kernel/drv/sparcv9/pcan 64-bit ELF kernel module (SPARC). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for a description of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SPARC, x86 | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
dladm(1M), wificonfig(1M), attributes(5), gld(7D) 802.11b Standard for Wireless Local Area Networks (WLANs) - IEEE SunOS 5.11 24 Jan 2007 pcan(7D)