Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Sun Solaris 10 can Read NTFS File ? Post 302101476 by reborg on Monday 1st of January 2007 11:47:50 PM
Old 01-02-2007
No it cannot.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

SUN Solaris 9 - Is there a 2GB file size limit?

Hi I am using SUN/Solaris 9 and I was told that some unix versions have 2GB size limit. Does this applies to SUN/Solaris 9? Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: GMMike
2 Replies

2. Solaris

NTFS in sun solaris

Anyone know any port to enable NTFS read in sun solaris ? its enabled in BSD long time ago i wonder why they dont enable it in Sun Solaris ?! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: XP_2600
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sun Solaris 10: How do I create a bootup disc? The Sun website confuses me

Hey there, I am starting a Computer Science Foundation year at the end of this month and am trying to get a little bit ahead of the game. I have always wanted to learn Unix and am currently struggling with creating a boot disc to run Solaris (I have chosen to study this) from as opposed to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jupiter
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to Mount a Remote NTFS Share for Read/Write under Linux

I've done this in the past, but I didn't save the syntax. I'm still kicking myself about that... I am trying to mount \\server_name\share_name for read/write under CentOS 5.2 (a "generic" version of RedHat). As I recall, there was a fairly simple (maybe a oneline) command that would allow NTFS... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shew01
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Sun Fire 280R Sun Solaris CRT/Monitor requirements

I am new to Sun. I brought Sun Fire 280R to practice UNIX. What are the requirements for the monitor/CRT? Will it burn out old non-Sun CRTs? Does it need LCD monitor? Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bramptonmt
3 Replies

6. Solaris

NTFS Compression on Solaris

Is there something similar on Solaris to windows NTFS compression where by the OS handles compression\decompression?This applies to my college web account so I can't change the partition setup etc. Thanks, Ger. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gleesonger
1 Replies

7. Solaris

NTFS under Solaris (switching from windows to Solaris server)

I want just to keep Solaris OS as my default OS . I have installed linux and windows as well but all my critical data is stored on NTFS partition so question is how to mount HDD with NTFS on Solaris (tried FUSE + NTFS-3g but that did`t worked for me system was down) And why Solaris does not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: microbot
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

File Auditing in Sun Solaris environment

Hi All, I have a requirement to report us on changing a group of static files. Those are the binary files that run in Production every day. Due to the in sercure environment situations, I found many are indulging in there own changes to the binaries by doing some changes in the souce code. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohan_kumarcs
1 Replies

9. Solaris

How to mount ntfs for storage HDD new to Solaris 11.2?

I just installed Solaris 11.2 - and it is a bugger. How do I mount an extra HDD that is now formated to NTFS through gparted it keeps telling me I don't have any ntfs on this laptop. it has two hdds, /dev/sda1 /dev/sdb1 (Linux lingo) Solaris is installed on primary hard drive back of it. then... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: userx-bw
2 Replies
NTFSFIX(8)						      System Manager's Manual							NTFSFIX(8)

NAME
ntfsfix - fix common errors and force Windows to check NTFS SYNOPSIS
ntfsfix [options] device DESCRIPTION
ntfsfix is a utility that fixes some common NTFS problems. ntfsfix is NOT a Linux version of chkdsk. It only repairs some fundamental NTFS inconsistencies, resets the NTFS journal file and schedules an NTFS consistency check for the first boot into Windows. You may run ntfsfix on an NTFS volume if you think it was damaged by Windows or some other way and it can't be mounted. OPTIONS
Below is a summary of all the options that ntfsfix accepts. Nearly all options have two equivalent names. The short name is preceded by - and the long name is preceded by --. Any single letter options, that don't take an argument, can be combined into a single command, e.g. -fv is equivalent to -f -v. Long named options can be abbreviated to any unique prefix of their name. -h, --help Show a list of options with a brief description of each one. -V, --version Show the version number, copyright and license BUGS
There are no known problems with ntfsfix. If you find a bug please send an email describing the problem to the development team: linux-ntfs-dev@lists.sourceforge.net AUTHORS
ntfsfix was written by Anton Altaparmakov, with contributions from Szabolcs Szakacsits. AVAILABILITY
ntfsfix is part of the ntfsprogs package and is available from: http://www.linux-ntfs.org/content/view/19/37 The manual pages are available online at: http://man.linux-ntfs.org/ SEE ALSO
mkntfs(8), ntfsprogs(8) ntfsprogs 1.13.1 January 2006 NTFSFIX(8)