Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? [[ $(date +%Y) == 2007 ]] && echo "Happy New Year" Post 302101418 by blowtorch on Monday 1st of January 2007 08:38:33 AM
Old 01-01-2007
A happy new year to you too! And the same to all the people on the forums!

Cheers

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

"sed" to check file size & echo " " to destination file

Hi, I've modified the syslogd source to include a thread that will keep track of a timer(or a timer thread). My intention is to check the file size of /var/log/messages in every one minute & if the size is more than 128KB, do a echo " " > /var/log/messages, so that the file size will be set... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jockey007
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append && echo "success" to all commands

I am learning to build from SVN and other tools, with a lot of copying and pasting from forums. I like to append && echo "success" to all commands so that I can see at a glance if things went all right. Is there a way that I can have the bash shell append this to all commands? Thanks! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dotancohen
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

"date" difference between FreeBSD & Linux

Hi there. I used to use lastdate=`date -v-14d %F` on my old server with FreeBSD, and now got to get the same result(current date -14 or -X days) in script running at another server, with Linux, but there's no such option for "date". How can i solve the prob(counting with absolute day number is... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: strider_scripts
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

What does this really mean? "tty -s && stty istrip"

I am having hard time understanding what this really do to the environment? I do understand this part "tty -s && stty " but not "istrip" # stty command is executed only if a tty is attached to the process. # stty istrip : Strip input characters to 7 bits tty -s && stty istrip I am... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
3 Replies

5. Red Hat

files having Script which works behind "who" & "w" commands

Dear All, plz print the path of files which have the script of "who" & "w" commands. thnx in advance. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: saqlain.bashir
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace dashes positions 351-357 & 024-043 with 0 & replace " " if exis with 04 at position 381-382

I need to replace dashes (i.e. -) if present from positions 351-357 with zero (i.e. 0), I also need to replace dash (i.e “-“) if present between position 024-043 with zero (i.e. 0) & I replace " " (i.e. 2 space characters) if present at position 381-382 with "04". Total length of record is 413.... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: lancesunny
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding the strings beween 2 characters "/" & "/" in .txt file

Hi all. I have a .txt file that I need to sort it My file is like: 1- 88 chain0 MASTER (FF-TE) FFFF 1962510 /TCK T FD2TQHVTT1 /jtagc/jtag_instreg/updateinstr_reg_1 dff1 (TI,SO) 2- ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Behrouzx77
10 Replies

8. Web Development

How would I mod_rewrite "/~a1Pha" and "/=a1Pha" to "/paste/a1Pha.htm"? (internally & externally)

Basically I want to shorten URLs on my html pasting site (pasteht.ml), by using "/~a1Pha" instead of "/paste/a1Pha". The ID is 5 numbers and letters, both cases. For example: /~idnum serves /paste/idnum.htm /=idnum serves /paste/idnum.htm /paste/idnum redirects to /~idnum (to update any old... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: phillips1012
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Echo "abc" | sed - r 's/a/&_&/

I want to know the working of & here step by step using sed command. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Preeti07
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

find files in sub dir with tag & add "." at the beginning [tag -f "Note" . | xargs -0 {} mv {} .{}]

I am trying find files in sub dir with certain tags using tag command, and add the period to the beginning. I can't use chflags hidden {} cause it doesn't add period to the beginning of the string for web purpose. So far with my knowledge, I only know mdfind or tag can be used to search files with... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nexeu
6 Replies
DATETIME.__CONSTRUCT(3) 						 1						   DATETIME.__CONSTRUCT(3)

DateTime::__construct - Returns new DateTime object

Object oriented style

SYNOPSIS
public DateTime::__construct NULL ([string $time = "now"], [DateTimeZone $timezone]) DESCRIPTION
Procedural style DateTime date_create NULL ([string $time = "now"], [DateTimeZone $timezone]) Returns new DateTime object. PARAMETERS
o $time -A date/time string. Valid formats are explained in Date and Time Formats. Enter NULL here to obtain the current time when using the $timezone parameter. o $timezone - A DateTimeZone object representing the timezone of $time. If $timezone is omitted, the current timezone will be used. Note The $timezone parameter and the current timezone are ignored when the $time parameter either is a UNIX timestamp (e.g. @946684800) or specifies a timezone (e.g. 2010-01-28T15:00:00+02:00). RETURN VALUES
Returns a new DateTime instance. Procedural style returns FALSE on failure. ERRORS
/EXCEPTIONS Emits Exception in case of an error. CHANGELOG
+--------+---------------------------------------------------+ |Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ | 5.3.0 | | | | | | | If $time contains an invalid date/time format, | | | then an exception is now thrown. Previously an | | | error was emitted. | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ EXAMPLES
Example #1 DateTime.__construct(3) example Object oriented style <?php try { $date = new DateTime('2000-01-01'); } catch (Exception $e) { echo $e->getMessage(); exit(1); } echo $date->format('Y-m-d'); ?> Procedural style <?php $date = date_create('2000-01-01'); if (!$date) { $e = date_get_last_errors(); foreach ($e['errors'] as $error) { echo "$error "; } exit(1); } echo date_format($date, 'Y-m-d'); ?> The above examples will output: 2000-01-01 Example #2 Intricacies of DateTime.__construct(3) <?php // Specified date/time in your computer's time zone. $date = new DateTime('2000-01-01'); echo $date->format('Y-m-d H:i:sP') . " "; // Specified date/time in the specified time zone. $date = new DateTime('2000-01-01', new DateTimeZone('Pacific/Nauru')); echo $date->format('Y-m-d H:i:sP') . " "; // Current date/time in your computer's time zone. $date = new DateTime(); echo $date->format('Y-m-d H:i:sP') . " "; // Current date/time in the specified time zone. $date = new DateTime(null, new DateTimeZone('Pacific/Nauru')); echo $date->format('Y-m-d H:i:sP') . " "; // Using a UNIX timestamp. Notice the result is in the UTC time zone. $date = new DateTime('@946684800'); echo $date->format('Y-m-d H:i:sP') . " "; // Non-existent values roll over. $date = new DateTime('2000-02-30'); echo $date->format('Y-m-d H:i:sP') . " "; ?> The above example will output something similar to: 2000-01-01 00:00:00-05:00 2000-01-01 00:00:00+12:00 2010-04-24 10:24:16-04:00 2010-04-25 02:24:16+12:00 2000-01-01 00:00:00+00:00 2000-03-01 00:00:00-05:00 SEE ALSO
DateTime.createFromFormat(3), DateTimeZone.__construct(3), Date and Time Formats, date.timezone ini setting, date_default_time- zone_set(3), DateTime.getLastErrors(3), checkdate(3). PHP Documentation Group DATETIME.__CONSTRUCT(3)