Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Disk duplicate in 10.20
Operating Systems HP-UX Disk duplicate in 10.20 Post 302101137 by blowtorch on Thursday 28th of December 2006 03:44:12 AM
Old 12-28-2006
pmoren, a plain cp -R will copy files across, but a boot disk has a lot more than just a bunch of files. Things like the LIF area, the boot block and such will not get copied across. You won't be able to boot from that disk.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to duplicate a floppy disk

Hi there, I have a boot disk that I'd like to make a copy of. I can't just copy it through windows because windows obviously doesn't recognise the format. What would I have to do in SCO to just simply make a copy of this disk?? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: zaphs
0 Replies

2. Solaris

( VxVM ) How to add the removed disk back to previous disk group

Previously , i remove the disk by #vxdg -g testdg -k rmdisk testdg02 But i got error when i -k adddisk bash-2.03# vxdisk list DEVICE TYPE DISK GROUP STATUS c0t0d0s2 auto:none - - online invalid c0t1d0s2 auto:none ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: waibabe
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find duplicate based on 'n' fields and mark the duplicate as 'D'

Hi, In a file, I have to mark duplicate records as 'D' and the latest record alone as 'C'. In the below file, I have to identify if duplicate records are there or not based on Man_ID, Man_DT, Ship_ID and I have to mark the record with latest Ship_DT as "C" and other as "D" (I have to create... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: machomaddy
7 Replies

4. Solaris

Df -k command shows duplicate information in Solaris machine, How to get the exact disk space

While getting the total disk space in solaris machine using df -k command, i am getting the same disk info for every user available in that system. Is there any way to remove it. Filesystem 1024-blocks Used Available Capacity Mounted on rpool/ROOT/solaris 573898752... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasankn
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find duplicate values in specific column and delete all the duplicate values

Dear folks I have a map file of around 54K lines and some of the values in the second column have the same value and I want to find them and delete all of the same values. I looked over duplicate commands but my case is not to keep one of the duplicate values. I want to remove all of the same... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sajmar
4 Replies

6. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

DISK ARRAY PROTECTION SUSPENDED message displayed following disk replacement

Hello, On 4/20/2018, we performed a disk replacement on our IBM 8202 P7 server. After the disk was rebuilt, the SAS Disk Array sissas0 showed a status of degraded. However, the pdisks in the array all show a status of active. We did see a message in errpt. DISK ARRAY PROTECTION SUSPENDED. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: terrya
1 Replies
MIC-LIVECD-ISO-TO-DISK(1)				      General Commands Manual					 MIC-LIVECD-ISO-TO-DISK(1)

NAME
mic-livecd-iso-to-disk - Convert a livecd image to a live USB image then write to a USB disk or partition SYNOPSIS
mic-livecd-iso-to-disk [--reset-mbr] [--noverify] [--overlay-size-mb <size>] [--home-size-mb <size>] [--unencrypted-home] <isopath> [usbstick device] <isopath> is your livecd image path name, [usbstick device] is optional, if not provided, it will detect automatically and ask you to select. DESCRIPTION
mic-livecd-iso-to-disk can convert a livecd image to a live USB image and write it to a USB disk or partition, it is different from mic- image-writer which is just a safer dd with progress bar. mic-livecd-iso-to-disk can detect all the removable USB disks and let you select one of them, if you didn't insert any USB disk, it will ask you to insert until a USB disk is available, it can decide if your USB disk need to be formated and if your USB disk has an appropriate partition for this livecd image, all the operations are interactive and have warnings f they will damage your old data on your USB disk. mic-image-manager has a GUI tool for it. OPTIONS
--reset-mbr Set MBR on your USB disk --noverify Don't verify your livecd image --overlay-size-mb Specify overlay size, the default size is 64 MB --home-size-mb Specify home size, the default is 0 EXAMPLES
Write a Molib live image to your USB disk: mic-livecd-iso-to-disk your-2.1-final.img EXIT STATUS
mic-livecd-iso-to-disk returns a zero exist status if it succeeds, otherwise return non-zero and print error message. AUTHOR
Yi Yang, Anas Nashif, Jianfeng Ding SEE ALSO
mic-image-creator(1), mic-convertor(1), mic-chroot(1), mic-image-writer(1), mic-image-manager(1) perl v5.12.3 2011-05-31 MIC-LIVECD-ISO-TO-DISK(1)