Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: mtime
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting mtime Post 302101127 by ravi raj kumar on Thursday 28th of December 2006 02:43:41 AM
Old 12-28-2006
ok.
pls consider the following statement

find ./ -mtime +10 -name "Baseball*.txt*" -o -name "Basketball*.txt*" -o -name "DeleteBasketball*" -print

In this example what is the use of +10 .

I am getting a little bit confusion between - and + symbols. Smilie

any help?

cheers
RRK

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mtime help!!!!!

thank you for the help. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: scooter17
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem in mtime

Hey champs, i am using the following commands to search 1day files available under a dir by shell script. find <dirname> -type f -mtime +1 sometimes it used to show me correct results.....but sometimes it's not ??? if the above one not working perfect i.e. not showing me the exact... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manas_ranjan
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

-mtime +30

Hello, Can someone help me to understand the following: find /test/rman/ -mtime +30 -exec rm '{}' \; What does -mtime +30 mean? Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Blue68
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

mtime

Hi, I've some files of some past days and everyday some new files are also getting added to the same. Now how can i use mtime to get the files of the current date i.e if i want the files of 25th feb 2009 and if im finding the files on 25th 12:10 am then i should only get the files after... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ss_ss
4 Replies

5. AIX

-mtime Problem

Hi, I'm using command "find . -mtime +10 -type f -print" to list the files 10 days or older but I'm getting the files which are even created today. What am I doing wrong? Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Gbyte
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

(find) mtime vs. (unix) mtime

Hi I've made some test with perl script to learn more about mtime... So, my question is : Why the mtime from findfind /usr/local/sbin -ctime -1 -mtime -1 \( -name "*.log" -o -name "*.gz" \) -print are not the same as mtime from unix/linux in ls -ltr or in stat() function in perl : stat -... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hiddenshadow
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

find -mtime +7

Dear all, find $ADMIN_DIR/$SID/arch/ -name '*.gz' -mtime +7 -exec rm {} \; is it retaining 7 days OR 8 days .gz files ? Thanks Prakash (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: prakashoracledb
10 Replies

8. Red Hat

-mtime command

Hello, what this command do. find /oracle/u01/app/oracle/admin/rdz/udump/ -name "*.trc" -mtime +1 Thanks, Umair (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: umair
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find using mtime

Hi, so I was using mtime and its not behaving the way I would think its supposed too. I have two pdf files. One modified today and another 6 months ago. I upload them to the solaris server. Then I run the below find statements. This finds my 2 files find *.pdf -type f -name '*.pdf' this finds... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vsekvsek
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

rsync and mtime

Hi, I'm sure this will be covered here already somewhere, but a search didn't throw up anything. I'm trying to work out the extra bits needed in this command for this rsync so that it only copies files less than 7 days old: rsync me@host:/logs/* . I'm sure it just needs the mtime -7... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dlam
2 Replies
RE(1)							      General Commands Manual							     RE(1)

NAME
re - programm to conver russian texts between different encodings SYNOPSIS
re <infile><outfile><infrmt><outfrmt><f|b|s><u|l|s> DESCRIPTION
This manual page was written for the Debian GNU/Linux distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. re is a program that converts russian texts between encodings. OPTIONS
The easiest way to convert some file into readable form (KOI-8), just type this: re <SourceFile> <DestFile> ? K where : <SourceFile> - unreadable file <DestFile> - resulting file ? - tells RE that source codepage is unknown and RE should analyze the file and determine the source codepage K - tells RE that destination codepage is KOI-8 Note: If you know, what is source codepage, you may use it instead of "?" option. For example, you want to convert letter.txt file which was written in Win you know, that this file is in 1251 codepage: re letter.txt letter2.txt W K Now examine the letter2.txt - you should see russian symbols in KOI-8. Here is the know codepages list and their abbreviatures: W - Windows 1251 "_" - _xxe D - Dos "%" - %hex K - KOI-8 "\" - 'hex L - Latin G - Graph_win I - Iso "<" - <binhex> H - HEX + - +UTF7- S - ShiftKbrd C - C_MIC M - Mac Y - Y_c16 A - AFF Z - Z_c32 O - Odd(UTF8_1) F - F(UTF8_2) B - Base64 P - Pict E - Express N - N_Estl T - T-Html V - V_Vpp855 U - User X - X_sp "-" - uue J - J_diff Other options are: [-v][-E|-R|-N][-e|-s] -v - tells what is processing -n - don't tells what is processing (default) -E - converts all p,H from Russian to English -R - converts all p,H from English to Russian -N - lets all p,H Russian or English as in text (default) -e - converts all symbols 0x80 - 0xFF -s - converts only 64 symbols of Russian Alphabet (default) AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Aigars Mahinovs <aigarius@debian.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). March 21, 2000 RE(1)