Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Segmentation fault(coredump)
Operating Systems AIX Segmentation fault(coredump) Post 302101076 by funksen on Wednesday 27th of December 2006 12:17:46 PM
Old 12-27-2006
try to reinstall/upgrade perfagent.tools

when I remember correctly I saw a graphic on an aix workshop, which showed the programs topas consists of, I think it was vmstat, iostat, netstat and a few other tools

try them, perhaps you can determine which of these tools causes topas to dump

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Memory fault(coredump)

Dear All, I made a program which do some simple jobs like reading data from other process's shared memory and writing messages to the queues of other process. what happens is my program works fine and do all the task as expected but then then program ends it give Memory fault(coredump). I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ralo
0 Replies

2. Solaris

lpstat gives segmentation coredump error

hi everyone, we have solaris 8 in sun v480 server. it gives this error. Segmentation Fault(coredump) can anyone help me in this - urgently. Regards Karthik C (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cksriramchandra
8 Replies

3. Ubuntu

Memory fault(coredump)

Hey guys, I am new to the Linux world and have a question to post. When I ssh from a HP-UX machine to a ubuntu machine I get the following error message Memory fault(coredump) i.e. ssh 192.168.1.3 I get this message as shown below Memory fault(coredump) Can someone please explain... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fkaba81
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Segmentation (CoreDump) error !!

Hi all, I am trying to create few directories using script and its giving me segmentation error. #!/bin/ksh createDirectories() createDirectories() { cat dirs | \ while read line do mkdir... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: varungupta
16 Replies

5. Solaris

memory fault (coredump)

Getting memory fault (coredump) and segmentation fault(coredump) when i tried javac or java -version. what could be the problem? Regards Eswar (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BhuvanEswar
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Segmentation Fault(coredump)

I'm getting this error when trying to run a Acucobol program thru UNIX.. Segmentation Fault(coredump) Precompiler error prevents compilation of xxxxxx.co. Please help me in this case.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Manish4
1 Replies

7. Programming

Why segmentation(coredump) in the following code in C?

hi I have a method which returns char*. In this method am using switch case. I am getting segmentation error in case 49 and my code is case 49: if(intFlag == 0210) { iiIDCode = atoi(getsubstring(sReq,262,2)); l =... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: AAKhan
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Memory fault(Coredump)

Hi, In my application we have one job which is used to process the files. But that job is failing with memory fault while processing a file or while shutting down the job. Sometime it generates the coredump and sometimes not. When I analysed the core dump I got below code snippet where it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shilpa_20
3 Replies

9. Programming

Using gdb, ignore beginning segmentation fault until reproduce environment segmentation fault

I use a binary name (ie polo) it gets some parameter , so for debugging normally i do this : i wrote script for watchdog my app (polo) and check every second if it's not running then start it , the problem is , if my app , remain in state of segmentation fault for a while (ie 15 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pooyair
6 Replies

10. Programming

C. To segmentation fault or not to segmentation fault, that is the question.

Oddities with gcc, 2.95.3 for the AMIGA and 4.2.1 for MY current OSX 10.14.1... I am creating a basic calculator for the AMIGA ADE *NIX emulator in C as it does not have one. Below are two very condensed snippets of which I have added the results inside the each code section. IMPORTANT!... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
11 Replies
iostat(1)						      General Commands Manual							 iostat(1)

NAME
iostat - Reports I/O statistics SYNOPSIS
iostat [drive...] [interval] [count] OPERANDS
Forces iostat to display specific drives. If drive is not specified (or the specified drive does not exist on the system or cluster, iostat displays the first two drives (even if more than two disk drives are configured in the system). Causes iostat to report once each interval seconds. The first report is for all time since the system was last booted, and each subsequent report is for the last interval only.The value must not be 0. Specifies the number of reports. For example, iostat 1 10 would produce 10 reports at 1-second intervals. You cannot specify count without interval because the first numeric argument to iostat is assumed to be interval. DESCRIPTION
The iostat command reports the following information: For terminals (collectively), the number of characters read and written per second. For each disk, the number of transfers per second and bytes transferred per second (in kilobytes). For the system, the percentage of time the system has spent in user mode, in user mode running low priority (nice) processes, in system mode, and idling. To compute this information, iostat counts data transfer completions, the number of words transferred for each disk, and the collective number of input and output characters for terminals. Also, each sixtieth of a second, iostat examines the state of each disk and makes a tally if the disk is active. When you issue an iostat command on a cluster member, it displays statistics only for those disks that are local to the member and that member's usage of those shared disks that it has mounted. It displays 0 for other disks in the cluster (those it doesn't have mounted), regardless of whether they are on the shared bus or are local to some other member. EXAMPLES
The output from this example displays cpu, terminal, and disk statistics for the first two disks on the system providing 5 reports at 1 second intervals: # iostat 1 5 tty floppy1 dsk9 cpu tin tout bps tps bps tps us ni sy id 0 3 0 0 0 0 1 0 4 95 4 58 0 0 0 0 1 0 2 97 1 53 0 0 0 0 0 0 2 98 5 59 0 0 0 0 1 0 1 98 6 60 0 0 0 0 1 0 2 97 The second example specifies device names in the command: # iostat dsk2 dsk3 cdrom2 tty dsk2 cdrom2 dsk3 cpu tin tout bps tps bps tps bps tps us ni sy id 0 13 11 5 5 2 2427 1213 0 1 1 98 SEE ALSO
Commands:vmstat(1) iostat(1)