Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris SUNWglmr -- rasctrl environment monitoring driver for i2c or SCSI device driver ? Post 302100965 by roygoodwin on Tuesday 26th of December 2006 10:13:23 AM
Old 12-26-2006
SUNWglmr -- rasctrl environment monitoring driver for i2c or SCSI device driver ?

I've been researching minimizeing Solaris 8 and found that on the web page http://www.sun.com/bigadmin/content/...kgList/p2.html the package SUNWglmr
is listed as "rasctrl environment monitoring driver for i2c, (Root) (32-bit)" while in the document "Solaris 8 minimize-updt1.pdf" { Sun Part No. 806-4050-10} and on the web page http://www.sun.com/bigadmin/content/...kgList/p2.html the package SUNWglmr
is listed as "Symbios 875/876 SCSI device driver, (Root)"

In the listing generated by pkginfo it's listed as " rasctrl environment monitoring driver for i2c, (Root) (32-bit)"

I think that it's really the " rasctrl environment monitoring driver for i2c, (Root) (32-bit)" and the other Sun Docs are incorrect, but am feeling a bit paranoid/confused Smilie & would like some outside confrimation.

I have also submitted this to Sun Docs

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SCO

ultra 320 scsi raid controller driver for sco 5.0.6

I am facing a problem to install sco 5.0.6 in Dell Power Edge SC1420 which raid controller is ultra 320 scsi raid controller . how/from where to download the ultra 320 scsi raid controller driver for sco 5.0.6. Plz help with any idea karzon (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: karzon
1 Replies

2. Ubuntu

Ending SCSI request in block level driver

hi, We are currently working on block level driver in linux ubuntu .we are having a storage controller and we are trying to capture and filling the scsi requests to a particular LUN. We are trying to mask a request for that LUN. We were able to get LUN id of hard drive. Our objective is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: coeteam
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SCSI Command Sample Driver

Can anybody get me some sample driver code of linux block drivers to send request to scsi disks? Basically I need a sample code of linux scsi block driver. I tried googling for sample code but did not find it. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
1 Replies

4. Hardware

Difference between platform driver,codec driver and Machine driver

In general terms what are the differences platform driver,codec driver and Machine driver? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
1 Replies

5. AIX

Readcd: Error 0. Cannot open SCSI driver.

i'm trying to burn an DVD ISO into a VIOS virtual optical drive when i try a scanbus i have a failure message : Can u help me please guys ---------- Post updated at 03:38 PM ---------- Previous update was at 12:20 PM ---------- I can't burn in ISO format, so i have to type... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tharsan
0 Replies
LM75(4) 						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						   LM75(4)

NAME
lm75 -- lm75 i2c digital temperature sensor driver SYNOPSIS
device iic device iicbus device lm75 DESCRIPTION
The lm75 driver provides access to sensor data and configuration over the iicbus(4). It provides an easy and simple way to check the functionality of an i2c bus as it provides read and write access to the lm75 configuration register. The access to lm75 data is made via the sysctl(8) interface: dev.lm75.0.%desc: LM75 temperature sensor dev.lm75.0.%driver: lm75 dev.lm75.0.%location: addr=0x49 dev.lm75.0.%pnpinfo: name=lm750 compat=national,lm75 dev.lm75.0.%parent: iicbus3 dev.lm75.0.temperature: 27.1C dev.lm75.0.thyst: 75.0C dev.lm75.0.tos: 80.0C dev.lm75.0.faults: 1 dev.lm75.0.mode: comparator dev.lm75.0.polarity: active-low dev.lm75.0.shutdown: 0 dev.lm75.%d.temperature Is the read-only value of the current temperature read by the sensor. dev.lm75.%d.thyst Sets the hysteresis temperature. Once the temperature gets over the overtemperature shutdown value (tos) it needs to drop below the hysteresis temperature to disable the output (interrupt) pin again. dev.lm75.%d.tos Sets the overtemperature shutdown value. Once the temperature gets over this value the output pin will be enabled. The way the output (interrupt) pin works, depends on the mode configuration. dev.lm75.%d.faults Is the number of faults that must occur consecutively to activate the interrupt (output) pin. It can be set to 1, 2, 4, and 6. dev.lm75.%d.mode Sets the operation mode for the sensor interrupt pin. It can be set to 'comparator' (default) or 'interrupt'. dev.lm75.%d.polarity Sets the polarity of the sensor interrupt pin. It can be set to 'active-low' (default) or 'active-high'. Please note that the output pin is an open-drain output and it needs a proper pull-up resistor to work. dev.lm75.%d.shutdown When set to '1' it shuts down the sensor. The temperature conversion stops but the sensor remains with its i2c bus active, i.e., it can be woken up by setting this option to '0' again. Please check the lm75 datasheet for more details. When used together with snmp_lm75(3) it allows the monitoring of lm75 temperature data over SNMP. The lm75 driver supports both the low and the high resolution models. The low resolution model (lm75) provides a 9 bit output with the LSB representing 0.5C. The high resolution model (lm75a) provides an 11 bit output with the LSB representing 0.125C. The driver tries to auto-detect the lm75 model, but the detection of some lm75 clones may not work reliably. On a device.hints(5) based system, like MIPS, these values are configurable for lm75: hint.lm75.%d.at Is the iicbus(4) you are attaching to. hint.lm75.%d.addr Is the lm75 i2c address on the iicbus(4). On a FDT(4) based system, like ARM, the DTS part for a lm75 device usually looks like: i2c { ... lm750 { compatible = "national,lm75"; i2c-address = <0x49>; }; }; Where: compatible Should always be set to "national,lm75". i2c-address The i2c-address property indicates which i2c address the lm75 is wired at. lm75 temperature sensors can be wired to 8 different addresses, allowing up to 8 sensors on the same iicbus(4). SEE ALSO
snmp_lm75(3), fdt(4), iic(4), iicbus(4), sysctl(8) HISTORY
The lm75 driver first appeared in FreeBSD 11.0. AUTHORS
The lm75 driver and this manual page were written by Luiz Otavio O Souza <loos@FreeBSD.org>. BSD
May 11, 2014 BSD