Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: flarcreate disk error 28
Operating Systems Solaris flarcreate disk error 28 Post 302100915 by 197oo302 on Monday 25th of December 2006 06:08:21 AM
Old 12-25-2006
flarcreate disk error 28

I want to image solaris 8 with flarcreate like ghost in windows. the error come like errno 28, No space left?
this is error message

absapp@nepalabs1 # flarcreate -n "sol8utl" -S -R / -x /var/tmp /var/tmp/s8.utl.061222
Determining which filesystems will be included in the archive...
Creating the archive...
cpio: problem writing to tmpfile /var/tmp/cpioVhayw5, errno 28, No space left on device
1 errors
Archive creation complete.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

flarcreate: command not found

Hi, I have a solaris 5.6 box, and i need to create a Flash Archive for DRP porposes. When i execute the falarcreate commnad the system returns "flarcreate: command not found" . I search the entire system (find . -name *flar*) for that comand and i can find it. Solaris 5.6 donīt have this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: spacewalker
1 Replies

2. Solaris

flarcreate to remote tape device

Hi, Someone knows hot to create a flash archive to a remote tape device? Here is my try: $flarcreate -n nereus -S -t lisdev:/dev/rmt/1n WARNING: hash generation disabled when using tape (-t) current filter settings Creating the archive... ERROR: Unable to work archive. Regards (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: spacewalker
4 Replies

3. Solaris

Flarcreate question (/etc/hosts missing)

Hi there I have created a flash archive using flarcreate and rolled out via jumpstart and everything seems fine, however when I roll out the archive to another box, everything is fine apart from the /etc/hosts file which is the same as the masters hosts file (i.e. it still has the original... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
1 Replies

4. Solaris

flarcreate

found my notes got it flarcreate -n jumpstart -x /jumpstart/flash /jumpstart/flash/jumpstart.flar i think this will omit that directory and save it there correct? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: deaconf19
3 Replies

5. Solaris

System copy with flarcreate

Hi, i'm trying to make a system copy from one server to another (solaris 9), they have the same configuration. I've tried to create a flash archive using the flarcreate but the flash file size is 5.06 approx. and the method the flarcreate is using is CPIO and he cannot handle sizes over 4 GB. Is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pasalagua
2 Replies

6. Solaris

How to take solaris OS backup with "flarcreate" command

I am trying to take Solaris OS backup with the following command "flarcreate -S -n / /server11/inblr.flar", but this is taking complete root / (which includes my othe mount points also), Can any one suggest how to take only solaris OS backup and restore proceedure Thanks in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: raj.chinnu
4 Replies

7. Solaris

flarcreate help.

Hi, I have to clone a system and i would like to use flarcreate. My question is regarding excluding some NFS mounts and some directories under /. If somebody have done this earlier please advice on the following procedure. Create a file like /exclude_list and put the following lines in it ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: uxadmin007
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Cloning with flarcreate .... and back

Hello Forum, I'd like to clone a Solaris 10 System. Well, I read a lot about flarcreate. Anyway I only read how to _create a flash archive by using flarcreate. But I don't know how to copy the data back to another harddisk from an ar:confused:chive to get a second runing system. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: borsti007
4 Replies

9. Solaris

Save flarcreate on another server through ssh

hi, i would like to know if it is posible to create the flash archive and in the same line add another command to save it in another server through SCP. flarcreate -n "sv756flash" -c -X excludefilelist |... i appreciate your help. thanks a lot. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pabloli150
4 Replies

10. Solaris

Flarcreate and excluding directories with software installed

Got a solaris 10 server that I want to take a flar of in order to use to build a new server. Works fine. Only trouble is there is software on the original server that is not needed on the new server - it will be uninstalled. I was thinking of creating the flar from the original server and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: psychocandy
0 Replies
ARCHIVE(8)						      System Manager's Manual							ARCHIVE(8)

NAME
archive - Usenet article archiver SYNOPSIS
archive [ -a archive ] [ -f ] [ -i index ] [ -m ] [ -r ] [ input ] DESCRIPTION
Archive makes copies of files specified on its standard input. It is normally run either as a channel feed under innd(8), or by a script before expire(8) is run. Archive reads the named input file, or standard input if no file is given. The input is taken as a set of lines. Blank lines and lines starting with a number sign (``#'') are ignored. All other lines should specify the name of a file to archive. If a filename is not an absolute pathname, it is taken to be relative to /var/spool/news. Files are copied to a directory within the archive directory, /var/spool/news/news.archive. The default is to create a hierarchy that mim- ics the input files; intermediate directories will be created as needed. For example, the input file comp/sources/unix/2211 (article 2211 in the newsgroup comp.sources.unix) will be copied to /var/spool/news/news.archive/comp/sources/unix/2211. OPTIONS
-a archive If the ``-a'' flag is used then its argument specifies the directory to archive in instead of the default. -f If the ``-f'' flag is used, then all directory names will be flattened out, replacing the slashes with periods. In this case, the file would be copied to /var/spool/news/news.archive/comp.sources.unix/2211. -i If the ``-i'' flag is used, then archive will append one line to the specified index file for each article that it copies. This line will contain the destination name and the Message-ID and Subject headers. -m Files are copied by making a link. If that fails a new file is created. If the ``-m'' flag is used, then the file will be copied to the destination, and the input file will be replaced with a symbolic link pointing to the new file. -r By default, archive sets its standard error to /var/log/news/errlog. To suppress this redirection, use the ``-r'' flag. EXIT STATUS
If the input is exhausted, archive will exit with a zero status. If an I/O error occures, it will try to spool its input, copying it to a file. If there was no input filename, the standard input will be copied to /var/spool/news/out.going/archive and the program will exit. If an input filename was given, a temporary file named input.bch (if input is an absolute pathname) or /var/spool/news/out.going/input.bch (if the filename does not begin with a slash) is created. Once the input is copied, archive will try to rename this temporary file to be the name of the input file, and then exit. EXAMPLES
A typical newsfeeds(5) entry to archive most source newsgroups is as follows: source-archive :!*,*sources*,!*wanted*,!*.d :Tc,Wn :/usr/lib/news/bin/archive -f -i /usr/spool/news/news.archive/INDEX HISTORY
Written by Rich $alz <rsalz@uunet.uu.net> for InterNetNews. This is revision 1.14, dated 1996/10/29. SEE ALSO
newsfeeds(5). ARCHIVE(8)