Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: truss results
Special Forums IP Networking truss results Post 302100867 by linuxbynight on Saturday 23rd of December 2006 06:49:12 PM
Old 12-23-2006
truss results

It seems to me that your code might be confused when you are forking off the child. The reason I say this is that it appears that the child is calling accept() which is usually something you would want the server to do to accept a connection request from a client. Additionally, there is a message print that is signifying the message is from the server but it looks like it is being printed by the child.

When you do the fork(), make sure you check the return code and then make the proper decision as to which code you can each process to execute. Providing the actual code snippet here would be helpful to determine if what I am saying is correct.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Process calls - making sense of truss results

Can someone point me at resources for system calls? Specifically, I am trying to make sense of what I am seeing in a truss command. Thanks! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jpeery
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

truss

I'm a DBA so no abuse please! I've for 5 Oracle Forms processes that are spinning and am trying to find out if they're doing anything: Running HPUX 11.11 CPU TTY PID USERNAME PRI NI SIZE RES STATE TIME %WCPU %CPU COMMAND 9 ? 2735 oracle 241 20 24228K 16668K run 2607:29 84.92... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fraze
2 Replies

3. Solaris

truss results

moved to the Netwoking (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gogogo
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

truss output

Hi, We keep getting hanging Oracle process for our ETL. The dba's asked me to do o truss. All I see is pages and pages of the following,:cool: pollsys(0xFFFFFFFF7FFF38C8, 1, 0xFFFFFFFF7FFF3800, 0x00000000) = 0 pollsys(0xFFFFFFFF7FFF38C8, 1, 0xFFFFFFFF7FFF3800, 0x00000000) = 0... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: happyadm
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to use truss?

Hi all, while trying to debug and figure out why a lofiadm command was not working on my script, i came across a cmd called "truss" all i know about it is that it executes the specified command and produces a trace of the system calls it performs, the signals it receives, and the machine faults... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: wrapster
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

truss output

Hi I have to get redirect the truss ouput to file. I am doing truss -p 12121 >> output.txt But it still displays on the screen adn output.txt is empty Can some help how to do this? Thanks in advance Ammu (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ammu
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help with truss !

i have to gather some info about a process and redirect it to a1.txt file. For this i m using truss command truss -po a1.txt $PID_Detail where $PID_Detail= 1482944 3362976 -------------------------------------------------------------------------- Below the script: #!/bin/ksh for i... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali560045
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can ctag and cscope support recording search results and displaying the history results ?

Hello , When using vim, can ctag and cscope support recording search results and displaying the history results ? Once I jump to one tag, I can use :tnext to jump to next tag, but how can I display the preview search result? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: 915086731
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Truss output

Hi, I want to trace a background java program which runs in infinite loop. I have used truss command for this. But the program terminated after some hours with below truss output: Received signal #1, SIGHUP, in lwp_cond_wait() /1: siginfo: SIG#0 Please let me know what... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hara Prasad
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Truss output

Hi, I want to trace a background java program which runs in infinite loop. I have used truss command for this. But the program terminated after some hours with below truss output: Received signal #1, SIGHUP, in lwp_cond_wait() /1: siginfo: SIG#0 Please let me know what... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hara Prasad
5 Replies
Net::Server::Fork(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				      Net::Server::Fork(3)

NAME
Net::Server::Fork - Net::Server personality SYNOPSIS
use Net::Server::Fork; @ISA = qw(Net::Server::Fork); sub process_request { #...code... } __PACKAGE__->run(); DESCRIPTION
Please read the pod on Net::Server first. This module is a personality, or extension, or sub class, of the Net::Server module. This personality binds to one or more ports and then waits for a client connection. When a connection is received, the server forks a child. The child handles the request and then closes. With the exception of parent/child signaling, this module will work (with basic functionality) on Win32 systems. ARGUMENTS
check_for_dead Number of seconds to wait before looking for dead children. This only takes place if the maximum number of child processes (max_servers) has been reached. Default is 60 seconds. max_servers The maximum number of children to fork. The server will not accept connections until there are free children. Default is 256 children. max_dequeue The maximum number of dequeue processes to start. If a value of zero or undef is given, no dequeue processes will be started. The number of running dequeue processes will be checked by the check_for_dead variable. check_for_dequeue Seconds to wait before forking off a dequeue process. It is intended to use the dequeue process to take care of items such as mail queues. If a value of undef is given, no dequeue processes will be started. CONFIGURATION FILE
See Net::Server. PROCESS FLOW
Process flow follows Net::Server until the post_accept phase. At this point a child is forked. The parent is immediately able to wait for another request. The child handles the request and then exits. HOOKS
The Fork server has the following hooks in addition to the hooks provided by the Net::Server base class. See Net::Server "$self->pre_accept_hook()" This hook occurs just before the accept is called. "$self->pre_fork_hook()" This hook occurs just after accept but before the fork. "$self->post_accept_hook()" This hook occurs in the child after the accept and fork. "$self->run_dequeue()" This hook only gets called in conjuction with the check_for_dequeue setting. TO DO
See Net::Server AUTHOR
Paul Seamons <paul@seamons.com> Rob Brown <bbb@cpan.org> SEE ALSO
Please see also Net::Server::INET, Net::Server::PreFork, Net::Server::MultiType, Net::Server::SIG Net::Server::Single perl v5.12.1 2007-02-03 Net::Server::Fork(3)