Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to input .txt file into .xls spreadsheet Post 302100816 by vgersh99 on Friday 22nd of December 2006 02:33:10 PM
Old 12-22-2006
yes, there is.
parse your file and create a CSV file.
post exactly what you have using vB-codes.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert a txt file to xls file

How to convert a txt file(tab delimiter) to xls file. Looking forward help. Thanks, Venkatesh. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkatesht
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

converting xls file to txt file and xls to csv

I need to convert an excel file into a text file and an excel file into a CSV file.. any code to do that is appreciated thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bandar007
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To convert a txt file to .xls file

i want to convert a comma seprated file into a .xls file the file contains 3 fields seprated by a comma. i want to convert it into a .xls file with 3 columns and 37 rows DPRPT400,01/15/2009-15:03:06,01/15/2009-15:03:08 DPRPT401,01/15/2009-15:03:15,01/15/2009-15:03:32... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: manit
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to convert XLS to CSV and DOC/RTF to TXT

Hi, i don't know anything about PERL. Can anyone help me providing PERL scripts for 1. converting XLS to CSV (and vice-versa) 2. converting DOC/RTF to TXT Thanks much Prvn (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read from txt file and write it to xls?

Hello All, I just want help in coding a simple shell script since i am a newbie for UNIX and i started learning unix and shell scripting basics recently. I am having a data like this in .txt file. Product Name : XYZ Price : 678.1 Best Buy Price : 600 Product Name : ABC Price : 465... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasanth_123
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Source txt to be imported in xls as .csv

Hi , I am getting data as below for one of my table as below in a .txt format.I am manually opening a xls sheet, and then selecting import data from option and importing the data in to xls and then saving it as .csv file and this .csv file I am using for one of the shell script. I am... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shruthidwh
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use correctly Spreadsheet::WriteExcel to convert xml to xls

Hi to all, I want to convert xml file to binary Excel file, after googling for a while, I found cpan tool "Spreadsheet::WriteExcel::FromXML". I installed both, Spreadsheet::WriteExcel and Spreadsheet::WriteExcel::FromXML. To test Spreadsheet::WriteExcel I executed a example script that... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ophiuchus
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to read strings from a txt and put them into a spreadsheet?

i have hundreds of thousands of txt files as below, RADARSAT 1 SCENE DESCRIPTION SCENE_ID c0005098 MDA ORDER NUMBER GEOGRAPHICAL AREA CIS ScanSar Canada SCENE START TIME APR 02 1997 23:05:10.222 SCENE STOP TIME APR 02 1997 23:02:49.695... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunnydanniel
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk, sed, shell all words in INPUT.txt find in column1 of TABLE.txt and replce with column2 in

Hi dears i have text file like this: INPUT.txt 001_1_173 j nuh ]az 001_1_174 j ]esma. nuh ]/.xori . . . and have another text like this TABLE.txt j j nuh word1... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: alii
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search last column of INPUT.txt in TABLEs text and add correspond columns to INPUT.txt

Hi dears i use bash shell i have INPUT.txt like this number of columns different in one some row have 12 , some 11 columns see last column INPUT.txt CodeGender Age Grade Dialect Session Sentence Start End Length Phonemic Phonetic 63 M 27 BS/BA TEHRANI 3 4 298320 310050... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alii
2 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.16.3 2012-02-11 URI::URL(3)