Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: What is your age? (Part 2)
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? What is your age? (Part 2) Post 302100801 by stansaraczewski on Friday 22nd of December 2006 12:25:53 PM
Old 12-22-2006
The thing that I have noticed over the years is that people learned either the Big Blue (IBM) environment, OR the Unix one... never was there a convergence until recently (last 10 to 15 years).

I've 'dabbled' with varous *nixes since the late eighties... and it has been fun knowing both worlds. It is coming in handy now.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find a process age

I can write a script to use ps and interigate the output, but is there a command that works similar to the find command for files where I can request a list of all the running processes over 1 day old ? thanks! (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: MizzGail
8 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

What is your age?

What is your age? (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: royal
15 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check password age

Hi Guys, I hope one of you has already done this and is kind enough to share your script with me. I have a Solaris8 server that uses password aging for its local user accounts. I need a script that checks the age of the password and then sends the user an email if the password is about to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tornado
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

file age

How can I count the age of the file (e.g. in minutes)? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jarmo.leppanen
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Identify age of the file.

Hi all, I'm using SunOS. need to find age of the file in terms of seconds. The file name with its path will be given to the script as input. Any kinda help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bankimmehta
7 Replies

6. AIX

Visual Age C++

hi , After i installed the visual age c++ its got installed but am not able to find the bin directory in the /usr/vacpp.am i need to install the some fileset ???? please help me.version is 7 mak (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: senmak
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Age of file

Hi All.. Is there any easy way to find out how many days older is file? for ex. fileA 20 days fileB 10 days I am currently on AIX, and there is no STAT command available in this environment. What are my options? Thanks Abhijeet R (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: freakabhi
1 Replies
sbig5(5)							File Formats Manual							  sbig5(5)

NAME
sbig5 - A character encoding system (codeset) for Traditional Chinese DESCRIPTION
The Shift Big-5 (sbig5) codeset is a variant of the Big-5 codeset (see big5(5)). The only difference between these codesets is that the second byte of some Big-5 characters are mapped to different values in the Shift Big-5 codeset. The remapping is done to avoid having some metacharacters like *, which has special meaning to UNIX commands, in the second byte of a 2-byte Big-5 character. The mappings of Big-5 characters to Shift Big-5 characters are as follows: ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Big-5 (2nd Character Symbol Shift Big-5 (2nd Character Symbol byte) byte) ------------------------------------------------------------------------ 40 @ 30 0 5B [ 31 1 5C 32 2 5D ] 33 3 5E ^ 34 4 5F - 35 5 60 ` 36 6 7B { 37 7 7C | 38 8 7D } 39 9 7E ~ 9F nil ------------------------------------------------------------------------ The sbig5 codeset is not supported by a locale but only through codeset conversion. Codeset Conversion The following codeset converter pairs are available for converting Traditional Chinese characters between sbig5 and other encoding formats. Refer to iconv_intro(5) for an introduction to codeset conversion. For more information about the other codeset for which sbig5 is the input or output, see the reference page specified in the list item. big5_sbig5, sbig5_big5 Converting from and to the Big-5 codeset: big5(5). Note that Big-5 encoding is equivalent to the Microsoft code-page format used on PCs for Traditional Chinese. Therefore, you can use these converters to convert Traditional Chinese between PC code-page format and Shift Big-5 encoding. eucTW_sbig5, sbig5_eucTW Converting from and to Taiwanese Extended UNIX Code: eucTW(5). SEE ALSO
Commands: locale(1) Others: ascii(5), big5(5), Chinese(5), code_page(5), dechanyu(5), dechanzi(5), eucTW(5), GBK(5), i18n_intro(5), i18n_printing(5), iconv_intro(5), l10n_intro(5), telecode(5) sbig5(5)