Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris command to scan Enterprise storage Lun disk in Solaris Post 302100620 by sparcguy on Thursday 21st of December 2006 02:34:14 AM
Old 12-21-2006
I have not used ibm jbod equipment with sun but I think for such 3rd party kinds of storage installations you may need to modify the entries within sd.conf under /kernel/drv

as what to modify you need to refer to the installation manual, before you modify anything first take a backup cp sd.conf sd.conf.org

then after u're done modifying the file, touch reconfigure follows by reboot

if you stll can't see the disks try going to "ok" prompt do a probe-scsi-all or probe-fcal-all

Last edited by sparcguy; 12-21-2006 at 05:36 AM..

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

I have LUN ID, how to find disk relate to that LUN ID?

I have a list of LUN ID, my task is to find if disk has been added or not. How do I do that? I have been searching the forum and not able to find answer. thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: uuontario
4 Replies

2. HP-UX

FC Lun scan without unmount

OS : 11.31 Storage : HP P2000 WE extended one lun to 100GB which was previously 50GB from storage side... How to get detect the size without unmounting.... ---------- Post updated at 04:39 AM ---------- Previous update was at 12:37 AM ---------- No LVM and No online JFS installed... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: selvaforum
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris 10, adding new LUN from SAN storage

Hello to all, Actually, currently on my Solaris box, I've a LUN (5TB space) from a EMC storage which is working fine, and a partition with ZFS filesystem is created for that LUN. as further you'll see in the logs, the "c4t6006016053802E00E6A9196B6506E211d0s2" is the current configured LUN in the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anti_Evil
4 Replies

4. Red Hat

Scan for new LUN and create a new file system

Hi Please I dont have a lot of redhat skills, but I need some help on creating a file system. I need to rescan for this new LUN, so I try to check existing LUNs: fdisk -l Disk /dev/sda: 299.4 GB, 299439751168 bytes 255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 36404 cylinders Units = cylinders of... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
8 Replies

5. Solaris

LUn' unmapped from storage still showing on Solaris 10

How can i remove LUN's from solaris 10 those are unmapped from SAN? from storage side i got confirmation that they removed lun. but in my solaris box still it's visible. i tried below. root@globalares2.example.com #luxadm -e offline /dev/rdsk/c2t600D02310007D16C42FF09E24B5B8255d0s2... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bentech4u
7 Replies
ntwdt(7D)							      Devices								 ntwdt(7D)

NAME
ntwdt - Netra--based application watchdog timer driver SYNOPSIS
/dev/ntwdt DESCRIPTION
The ntwdt driver is a multithreaded, loadable, non-STREAMS pseudo driver that provides an application with an interface for controlling a system watchdog timer. The ntwdt driver implements a virtual watchdog timer that a privileged application (Effective UID == 0) controls via IOCTLs. CONFIGURATION
You configure the ntwdt driver by modifying the contents of the ntwdt.conf file. ERRORS
An open() fails if: EPERM Effective user ID is not zero. ENOENT /dev/ntwdt is not present or driver is not installed. EAGAIN /dev/ntwdt has already been successfully open()'d. FILES
/dev/ntwdt Special character device. kernel/drv/sparcv9/ntwdt SPARC ntwdt driver binary. kernel/drv/ntwdt.conf Driver configuraton file. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcakr.u | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Architecture |SPARC | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
driver.conf(4), attributes(5) Writing Device Drivers SunOS 5.11 05 Feb 2005 ntwdt(7D)