Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Consolidating Pipes
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Consolidating Pipes Post 302100615 by Andrek on Thursday 21st of December 2006 01:35:52 AM
Old 12-21-2006
Not sure what you want to do

Do you have a better example.....

May depend on what you what to do?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

PIPEs and Named PIPEs (FIFO) Buffer size

Hello! How I can increase or decrease predefined pipe buffer size? System FreeBSD 4.9 and RedHat Linux 9.0 Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jus
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

cd using pipes

Hi, Can the cd command be invoked using pipes??? My actual question is slightly different. I am trying to run an executable from different folders and the path of these folders are obtained dynamically from the front end. Is there a way in which i can actually run the executable... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sinbad
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding values then consolidating lines

I'm a begginer with scripting... Have a script that pulls check information data. There are multiple lines for each check. ALL the info is the same on the line EXCEPT the charges. ie: same check number, same payee, same patient, same check date, DIFFERENT CHARGE. I need to total the charges... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tdavenpo
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

pipes and shells

Hi How do I direct the output from ls to for example grep a in C. I am not asking for the whole shell implementation. If I write ls|grep myfile in the shell. How is the output sent from ls to the input grep. whit int pipe(pipe); We create the pipe. I and I guess we use dup2(old... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: isato
4 Replies

5. Programming

Pipes in C

Hello all, I am trying to learn more about programming Unix pipes in C. I have created a pipe that does od -bc < myfile | head Now, I am trying to create od -bc < myfile | head | wc Here is my code, and I know I might be off, thats why I am here so I can get some clarification. #include... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: petrca
1 Replies

6. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Consolidating Freespace to allow shrinking partition?

i have an "old" laptop with 84gb used space, 203gb free, running 32bit Windows Vista. i've tried all defragmenting programs i could find and though some offer Free Space Defrag, they don't seem to take into account where on the disk to consolidates the space to. what i am trying to achieve is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sterist
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with consolidating mails sent by executing script

I have a script which checks for swap usage of the unix server. A cron job has been created to execute this script every hour and send the output via mail. This output is only required for a particular duration and it can range anywhere from 6 hours to 10 hours. So we are commenting out the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kiran1112
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Format data by consolidating replicated obs

Please assist with the following. I have readings R1, R2,..Rn from plants from different fields , sometimes replicated. I need to first consolidate the replicates by their mean value per plant per field. Then I need to reformat the data by partially transposing it. The missing values... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jianp83
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Consolidating multiple outputs in one file

Dears, i am stuck here i have 3 scripts running at one time and all the three scripts finish at different time and each script generate 1 file with different name. so i will have three files. i dnt know which script finish first i want to have a script which check if all the there files are... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mirwasim
6 Replies
MKDEP(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						  MKDEP(1)

NAME
mkdep -- construct Makefile dependency list SYNOPSIS
mkdep [-ap] [-f file] [flags] file ... DESCRIPTION
mkdep takes a set of flags for the C compiler and a list of C source files as arguments and constructs a set of include file dependencies which are written into the file ``.depend''. An example of its use in a Makefile might be: CFLAGS= -O -I../include SRCS= file1.c file2.c depend: mkdep ${CFLAGS} ${SRCS} where the macro SRCS is the list of C source files and the macro CFLAGS is the list of flags for the C compiler. The options are as follows: -a Append to the output file, so that multiple mkdep's may be run from a single Makefile. -f Write the include file dependencies to file, instead of the default ``.depend''. -p Cause mkdep to produce dependencies of the form: program: program.c so that subsequent makes will produce program directly from its C module rather than using an intermediate .o module. This is useful for programs whose source is contained in a single module. SEE ALSO
cc(1), cpp(1), make(1) FILES
.depend File containing list of dependencies. HISTORY
The mkdep command appeared in 4.3BSD-Tahoe. 4.2 Berkeley Distribution June 6, 1993 4.2 Berkeley Distribution