Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX Shell Script fails with "can't connect to client" Post 302100521 by blowtorch on Wednesday 20th of December 2006 08:17:49 AM
Old 12-20-2006
Hi Srinivas,
The 'can't connect to client' error is not due to the script. It is due to connectivity issues between the netbackup master and the client or the media server and the client. If you are using a dedicated private lan for backup connectivity, make sure that the client that you are trying to connect to is reachable from the server where you are running the bpmedia command.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

No utpmx entry: you must exec "login" from lowest level "shell"

Hi I have installed solaris 10 on an intel machine. Logged in as root. In CDE, i open terminal session, type login alex (normal user account) and password and i get this message No utpmx entry: you must exec "login" from lowest level "shell" :confused: What i want is: open various... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: peterpan
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

#!/bin/sh script fails at StringA | tr "[x]" "[y]"

I need to take a string (stringA) check it for spaces and replace any spaces found with an equal (=) sign. This is not working. There are spaces between each component: $StringA | tr "" "" The error returned is: test: Specify a parameter with this command Can you help? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: by_tg
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I connect a hpux10.x os machine to "the internet" via a WinXP client?

I am wondering how can I cross this technical border of my ignorance for quite sometime, 6 months to be more exact, and just don't get it quite. I did read some newbies' literatures on UNIX OS but could not find the key to unlock the HP workstations (OS dated 1997 maybe because the man page... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: liumx2000
0 Replies

4. Linux

Help req for...shell script to catch "db2 connect" errors ...

Hello friends, Assume that, I am trying to execute a "db2 connect" command from Linux shell prompt via a shell script called "sample" sample db2 connect to bas39 $sample If the database is not present its should display a custom error message by catching the error message given by db2.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: frozensmilz
1 Replies

5. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Samba (SMB) client fails: "Called name not present"

Hi, I issue smbclient on a Linux REd hat server : smbclient -L ***.16.0.42 -U domaine/Administrator Password: Domain= OS= Server= Domain= OS= Server= Sharename Type Comment --------- ---- ------- IPC$ IPC IPC distant ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
0 Replies

6. AIX

"too big" and "not enough memory" errors in shell script

Hi, This is odd, however here goes. There are several shell scripts that run in our production environment AIX 595 LPAR m/c, which has sufficient memory 14GB (physical memory) and horsepower 5CPUs. However from time to time we get the following errors in these shell scripts. The time when these... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: jerardfjay
11 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Expect "interact" fails when called from another script

So, I have an expect script (let's call it expect.exp) that takes 3 arguments. It logs into a remote server, runs a set of commands, then hands control over to the user by the "interact" command. If I call this script from the command line, it works properly. Now I'd like to apply this script... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: treesloth
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script fails with "function: not found" error

Hello everyone, I am having problems figuring this out. This script below is supposed to create a list of file names with their "md5sum", in a file "lib-list.txt" When I run it "sh component-list.sh " I get this:component-list.sh: 4: component-list.sh: function: not found component-list.sh:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: joemb
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
SHCOMP(1)						       Korn shell utilities							 SHCOMP(1)

NAME
shcomp - compile a shell script SYNOPSIS
shcomp [ options ] [infile [outfile]] DESCRIPTION
Unless -D is specified, shcomp takes a shell script, infile, and creates a binary format file, outfile, that ksh can read and execute with the same effect as the original script. Since aliases are processed as the script is read, alias definitions whose value requires variable expansion will not work correctly. If -D is specified, all double quoted strings that are preceded by $ are output. These are the messages that need to be translated to locale specific versions for internationalization. If outfile is omitted, then the results will be written to standard output. If infile is also omitted, the shell script will be read from standard input. OPTIONS
[D dictionary] Generate a list of strings that need to be placed in a message catalog for internationalization. [n noexec] Displays warn- ing messages for obsolete or non-conforming constructs. [v verbose] Displays input from infile onto standard error as it reads it. EXIT STATUS
0 Successful completion. >0 An error occurred. SEE ALSO
ksh(1) IMPLEMENTATION
version shcomp (AT&T Research) 2003-03-02 author David Korn <dgk@research.att.com> copyright Copyright (c) 1982-2010 AT&T Intellectual Property license http://www.opensource.org/licenses/cpl1.0.txt 2003-03-02 SHCOMP(1)