Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Can mailx use a specified interface? Post 302100479 by sparcguy on Wednesday 20th of December 2006 05:17:45 AM
Old 12-20-2006
might be some routing problems.

do this command on the server having the problem.

banner test > /tmp/xx

/usr/lib/sendmail -v sparcguy@mydomain.com < /tmp/xx

cut and paste the entire output here

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mailx error message : mailx: NUL changed to @

If I use the "Mail" link instead of the "mail" link to ../mailx I get this error. Mail so-n-so @whatever.com mailx: NUL changed to @ Unknown command: "postmaster" The email still goes through but i get the error. If I use "mail" it goes thru without the error. Any ideas?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
2 Replies

2. Solaris

no such interface

Hi Community, I've a problem with an interface of my Sun Workstation: when I try to plumb hme0 interface I see this output: # ifconfig hme0 <ip_address> netmask <mask> plumb #ifconfig: plumb: hme0: no such interface I've the same thing with dhcp service. could you provide any solution... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sunb3
1 Replies

3. IP Networking

How to down interface without name

Hi, ifconfig -a return: eth0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:09:3D:12:9D:5A inet addr:172.19.208.7 Bcast:172.19.208.63 Mask:255.255.255.192 UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1 RX packets:211478649 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: djbuly
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mailx: How to send a attachment using mailx command

Hi All, Can anyone please provide the command for sending an mail with attachment using mailx command. Thanks in Advance :) Regards, Siram. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sriram.Vedula53
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Command line Interface or GUI Interface not shown on solaris

Dear all, I am a newbie in solaris and I need your advice. I have a Solaris version 5.9 installed on Sunfire V240. I am able to ssh the machine from putty remotely. My problem is that I cannot see the display from KVM switch I have connected to it. I need also to be able to see the GUI... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbouster
2 Replies

6. SCO

Change SCO - GUI or Desktop interface to DOS based interface

Hi all I have installed a demo version of SCO OpenServer 5.0.2, I finally found it is Desktop Interface, I would like to know how to change its interface to dos based interface? If you have any ideas, please tell me then. Thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TinhNhi
2 Replies

7. IP Networking

Need a bridge from an ethernet interface to a serial interface

This is my situation DOS pc serial cable (sl0) Linux Pc eth1 192.168.0.10 <-------------------->192.168.0.2 <------------>192.168.0.1 (router) I connected the linux pc and the dos pc with a SLIP (serial line internet protocol), so they can communicate in the sl0 interface. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mghis
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Interface

Hi All, How to check whether a Interface has a single port or dual port.Thanks in advance. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rama krishna
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding a network interface to a bonded interface

I have a RHEL 5 system with a bonded interface configure using only one network port (eth0). So I have config file for ifcfg-bond0 and ifcfg-eth. I'd like to configure eth5 to be the second SLAVE in the bond. My question is, after I modify ifcfg-eth5, can I add eth5 to the bond0 interface without... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: westmoreland
1 Replies
PERLDGUX(1)						 Perl Programmers Reference Guide					       PERLDGUX(1)

NAME
perldgux - Perl under DG/UX. SYNOPSIS
One can read this document in the following formats: man perldgux view perl perldgux explorer perldgux.html info perldgux to list some (not all may be available simultaneously), or it may be read as is: as README.dgux. DESCRIPTION
Perl 5.7/8.x for DG/UX ix86 R4.20MU0x BUILDING PERL ON DG
/UX Non-threaded Perl on DG/UX Just run ./Configure script from the top directory. Then give "make" to compile. Threaded Perl on DG/UX If you are using as compiler GCC-2.95.x rev(DG/UX) an easy solution for configuring perl in your DG/UX machine is to run the command: ./Configure -Dusethreads -Duseithreads -Dusedevel -des This will automatically accept all the defaults and in particular /usr/local/ as installation directory. Note that GCC-2.95.x rev(DG/UX) knows the switch -pthread which allows it to link correctly DG/UX's -lthread library. If you want to change the installation directory or have a standard DG/UX with C compiler GCC-2.7.2.x then you have no choice than to do an interactive build by issuing the command: ./Configure -Dusethreads -Duseithreads In particular with GCC-2.7.2.x accept all the defaults and *watch* out for the message: Any additional ld flags (NOT including libraries)? [ -pthread] Instead of -pthread put here -lthread. CGCC-2.7.2.x that comes with the DG/UX OS does NOT know the -pthread switch. So your build will fail if you choose the defaults. After configuration is done correctly give "make" to compile. Testing Perl on DG/UX Issuing a "make test" will run all the tests. If the test lib/ftmp-security gives you as a result something like lib/ftmp-security....File::Temp::_gettemp: Parent directory (/tmp/) is not safe (sticky bit not set when world writable?) at lib/ftmp-security.t line 100 don't panic and just set the sticky bit in your /tmp directory by doing the following as root: cd / chmod +t /tmp (=set the sticky bit to /tmp). Then rerun the tests. This time all must be OK. Installing the built perl on DG/UX Run the command "make install" AUTHOR
Takis Psarogiannakopoulos University of Cambridge Centre for Mathematical Sciences Department of Pure Mathematics Wilberforce road Cambridge CB3 0WB , UK email <takis@XFree86.Org> SEE ALSO
perl(1). perl v5.18.2 2014-01-06 PERLDGUX(1)