Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need help to convert Flat file to HTML Post 302100356 by aju_kup on Tuesday 19th of December 2006 08:23:28 AM
Old 12-19-2006
while use -v option with awk it is also giving err to me also

try to use nawk in place of awk

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Flat File to HTML

Is there a Unix product or command that can convert a flat file to an hTML document? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: randerson
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk to convert a flat file to CSV file

Hi , I have a file with contents as below: Contract Cancellation Report UARCNCL LOS CODE DATE REAS TYPE AMOUNT AMOUNT LETTER BY ========= ======= ==== ==== ==== ========= ==== ==== 8174739 7641509 1S NONE CRCD 30-JUN-2008 NPAR N .00 .00 CCAN 8678696 8091709 1S NONE DDEB 30-JUN-2008... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: rkumudha
14 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to convert a html file to an .xml one

Hii every one. I have lots of .html files like: <html> <title> </title> <head> </head> <body> <ul id="SummaryRatings">4 stars </ul> <ul id="summaryList"> <p><b> Aurhor</b> </p> <p>wsfwfrfrtgretryetyrtyty</p> </ul> ...... ....... </body> </html> (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kheyali Mitra
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert case on specified position of flat file

Please help Need a script which will do the following : Search on fixed width file , go to position (25,2) which means 25th and 26th position, Find if there are any char in lower case: For example 25,2 can be (9T) or (9w) or (Ww) or (wW)....The two positions can be numeric or alpha...no... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssantoshss
13 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

convert csv to html file

Hi All, I am new to this forum,not sure where to post this query...so posted here Kindly need any of your help on the below ------------ I am using shell scripting and trying to convert a csv file to html file... example.csv --------------- Name Country Age Sex Andy India 25 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumithra
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is it possible to convert text file to html table using perl

Hi, I have a text file say file1 having data like ABC c:/hm/new1 Dir DEF d:/ner/d sd ...... So i want to make a table from this text file, is it possible to do it using perl. Thanks in advance Sarbjit (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sarbjit
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to convert CSV file to HTML

Hi, I have made a a script which creates a csv file as daily database report However i want to covert that csv file to html because csv file does not have a good visibilty. So it is possible to have such csv to html coversion script. Your prompt help much appreciated. Thanks in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sv0081493
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to convert output.txt into html file

I have output.txt file generated through shell scripts which need convert in tabular format using html can you please help me output.txt Token State Date1 Date2 Description Name 34567 open 27/06/13 28/06/13 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijay_rajni
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Convert flat file to csv

Hi I have a file like this: a=1 b=2 c=3 a=4 b=2 d=3 a=3 c=4 How can I change this to csv format a,b,c,d 1,2,3,, 4,2,,3 3,,4,, Please use code tags next time for your code and data. Thanks (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandip_2014
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert content of file to HTML

Hi I have file like this: jack black 104 daniel nick 75 lily harm 2 albert 5 and need to convert it into the html table like this: NO.......name....family..... id 1...........jack.....black.....104 2..........daniel....nick.......75 3..........albert.................5 i mean... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: indeed_1
5 Replies
ucblinks(1B)					     SunOS/BSD Compatibility Package Commands					      ucblinks(1B)

NAME
ucblinks - adds /dev entries to give SunOS 4.x compatible names to SunOS 5.x devices SYNOPSIS
/usr/ucb/ucblinks [-e rulebase] [-r rootdir] DESCRIPTION
ucblinks creates symbolic links under the /dev directory for devices whose SunOS 5.x names differ from their SunOS 4.x names. Where possi- ble, these symbolic links point to the device's SunOS 5.x name rather than to the actual /devices entry. ucblinks does not remove unneeded compatibility links; these must be removed by hand. ucblinks should be called each time the system is reconfiguration-booted, after any new SunOS 5.x links that are needed have been created, since the reconfiguration may have resulted in more compatibility names being needed. In releases prior to SunOS 5.4, ucblinks used a nawk rule-base to construct the SunOS 4.x compatible names. ucblinks no longer uses nawk for the default operation, although nawk rule-bases can still be specifed with the -e option. The nawk rule-base equivalent to the SunOS 5.4 default operation can be found in /usr/ucblib/ucblinks.awk. OPTIONS
-e rulebase Specify rulebase as the file containing nawk(1) pattern-action statements. -r rootdir Specify rootdir as the directory under which dev and devices will be found, rather than the standard root directory /. FILES
/usr/ucblib/ucblinks.awk sample rule-base for compatibility links ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWscpu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
devlinks(1M), disks(1M), ports(1M), tapes(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 13 Apr 1994 ucblinks(1B)