Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Controlling icon placement?
Special Forums UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers Controlling icon placement? Post 302100310 by Perderabo on Monday 18th of December 2006 11:07:49 PM
Old 12-19-2006
From the xterm man page:
Quote:
# geom This option specifies the preferred position of the icon window. It is shorthand for specifying the ``* iconGeometry'' resource.
iconGeometry (class IconGeometry) Specifies the preferred size and position of the application when iconified. It is not necessarily obeyed by all window managers.
That last sentence could stand a bit of rephrasing. I am not aware of any window manager that pays the slightest bit of attention to this resource.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

code placement

I'm sorry if something like this has already been posted, but I didn't find anything like it. I'm using ksh The code that I've come up with will initially print what I want, but will then keep repeating the second number. I'm just trying to teach myself and can't seem to find the code to work.... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: scott78
16 Replies

2. AIX

Aixterm icon placement?

Hi, I'm using xterm and aixterm with Mwm on AIX, and having trouble controlling icon placement when minimising windows. Basically when I run an xterm or aixterm I want to be able to specify where the icon will be if minimised. The man page mentions the "#geometry Geometry" option to aixterm,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cunningdavid
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Kinda a noob: Automatic window sizing and placement

I am attempting to create a script that runs automatically upon logging in and opens and places windows in appropriate places. I have the script running such that it starts during login, but I cannot get things how and where I want them. This should be relatively simple, I just can't figure it out... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: wydileie
7 Replies

4. Solaris

Data placement in SVM

Is it possible to place the data in inner or outer edge with SVM ( solaris volume manager ) or VxVM like we can do in AIX LVM ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fugitive
1 Replies

5. Programming

How to override Window Manager placement of windows.

Hello, everyone! Is it possible to create a window in X11/WM, but override the position Window Manager sets for the window. I'm not sure how to use 'override_redirect' flag, and what to do in order to use it. But the problem with the flag is also that it probably will disable all decorations... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AOne
2 Replies

6. Cybersecurity

Snort/NTOP Placement

I have been asked to place 2 (1 NTOP & 1 SNORT) boxes within our network as part of our tool kit for network monitoring and Intrusion detection. Out network is very simplistic and it layed out like this: internet | | Cisco 1811 Router (8x Layer 2 switch ports) ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unix linked-list placement

Hi, I am programming in kernel, and I want to use a double linked list that holds infos that every process could access and modify THIS list. So, I suppose it is a 'global' variable since every process(thread) can reach it, I am wondering where to put it? by changing some of the kernel files? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: louisTan
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

"rhgb quiet" controlling the display of commands in single user mode ?"rhgb quiet" controlling the d

Why does removing "rhgb quiet" from the kernel boot parameters control whether or not the commands I enter are displayed in single user mode ? For instance, if I do not remove "rhgb quiet", when I am in single user mode, whatever command I type will not be displayed on the screen. The... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hijanoqu
0 Replies

9. Programming

Parameters placement on stack in C

I am trying to illustrate the reverse order of parameters on the stack when passed to a function in C: #include <stdio.h> void p(int p1, int p2, double p3) { printf("params:\n" "1) %p offset = %li\n" "2) %p offset = %li\n" ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: migurus
5 Replies
fbdesk(1)							     WM Utils								 fbdesk(1)

NAME
fbdesk - Icons on the desktop SYNOPSIS
fbdesk [option] OPTIONS
-display DISPLAY Connect to display. -na Do not use antialias features. -rc RESOURCE FILE Default configuration file to read is ~/.fluxbox/init Print available options. -v Print the version number. DESCRIPTION
Fbdesk is a fluxbox-util application that creates and manage icons on your Fluxbox desktop. Features implemented include: - Transparent text and icon - xpm, png, jpg, jfi, jfif, pnm, ppm, pgm, pbm, pam, tga, gif and bmp image loading - Antialias text - UTF-8 and multibyte support - Vertical text - Grid Snapping - GUI for editing command/label and add/remove icons - Fluxbox menu style ENVIRONMENT
None. FILES
The defaul configuration file is ~/.fluxbox/init whose entries: fbdesk.iconFile: filename to icon file (default: ~/.fluxbox/fbdesk.icons) fbdesk.font: icon font name (default: fixed) fbdesk.textColor: color for icon text (default: black) fbdesk.textBackground: color (default: white) fbdesk.snapX: x snap size (default: 5) fbdesk.snapY: y snap size (default: 5) fbdesk.doubleClickInterval: time interval between clicks for a double click (default: 200) fbdesk.textPlacement: placement for text around icon image (default: Bottom) fbdesk.lockPositions: bool (default: false) # Possible values for text placement: Left, Right, Top and Bottom session.styleFile: style file for menu (default: none) this one is read from ~/.fluxbox/init The Icon file format is: # this is a comment # Start of one icon entry [Deskop Entry] Icon=the image filename Name=the icon label Exec=what it executes Pos= 123 456 # position of the icon [end] # end of one icon entry An example of iconfile: [Desktop Entry] Icon=/usr/share/pixmaps/gnome-home.png Name=aterm Exec=aterm Pos= 100 100 [end] SEE ALSO
dfm(1) rox-files(1) xtdesk(1) Homepage http://fluxbox.sourceforge.net/fbdesk/ AUTHORS
Program author Henrik Kinnunen <fluxgen@users.sourceforge.net> This manual page was written by Jari Aalto <jari.aalto@cante.net> for the Debian GNU system (but may be used by others). Released under GPL v2 or any later version. fbdesk 2012-03-09 fbdesk(1)