Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Disk duplicate in 10.20
Operating Systems HP-UX Disk duplicate in 10.20 Post 302100170 by pmoren on Monday 18th of December 2006 02:26:43 AM
Old 12-18-2006
Disk duplicate in 10.20

HI:
I know this topic already exist in this forum but not exactly with my problem.
I want to duplicate a disk , my source disk is like 2gb size, while the new disk is like 36 gb size.
The problems:

When I use the command dd it fails, I think because the disk sizes, and the sizes of the sectors.īI canīt find any smaller disk!!!

I can use any ignite tools because I have 10.20, and I canīt upgrade to 11, because I have and application that only runs in 10.20

CAn any one help me? does dd has an extra option for different disk sizes??
Thanks alot.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to duplicate a floppy disk

Hi there, I have a boot disk that I'd like to make a copy of. I can't just copy it through windows because windows obviously doesn't recognise the format. What would I have to do in SCO to just simply make a copy of this disk?? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: zaphs
0 Replies

2. Solaris

( VxVM ) How to add the removed disk back to previous disk group

Previously , i remove the disk by #vxdg -g testdg -k rmdisk testdg02 But i got error when i -k adddisk bash-2.03# vxdisk list DEVICE TYPE DISK GROUP STATUS c0t0d0s2 auto:none - - online invalid c0t1d0s2 auto:none ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: waibabe
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find duplicate based on 'n' fields and mark the duplicate as 'D'

Hi, In a file, I have to mark duplicate records as 'D' and the latest record alone as 'C'. In the below file, I have to identify if duplicate records are there or not based on Man_ID, Man_DT, Ship_ID and I have to mark the record with latest Ship_DT as "C" and other as "D" (I have to create... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: machomaddy
7 Replies

4. Solaris

Df -k command shows duplicate information in Solaris machine, How to get the exact disk space

While getting the total disk space in solaris machine using df -k command, i am getting the same disk info for every user available in that system. Is there any way to remove it. Filesystem 1024-blocks Used Available Capacity Mounted on rpool/ROOT/solaris 573898752... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasankn
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find duplicate values in specific column and delete all the duplicate values

Dear folks I have a map file of around 54K lines and some of the values in the second column have the same value and I want to find them and delete all of the same values. I looked over duplicate commands but my case is not to keep one of the duplicate values. I want to remove all of the same... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sajmar
4 Replies

6. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

DISK ARRAY PROTECTION SUSPENDED message displayed following disk replacement

Hello, On 4/20/2018, we performed a disk replacement on our IBM 8202 P7 server. After the disk was rebuilt, the SAS Disk Array sissas0 showed a status of degraded. However, the pdisks in the array all show a status of active. We did see a message in errpt. DISK ARRAY PROTECTION SUSPENDED. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: terrya
1 Replies
HFORMAT(1)						      General Commands Manual							HFORMAT(1)

NAME
hformat - create a new HFS filesystem and make it current SYNOPSIS
hformat [-f] [-l label] destination-path [partition-no] DESCRIPTION
hformat is used to write a new HFS filesystem to a volume. A UNIX pathname to the volume's destination must be specified. The destination may be either a block device or a regular file, but it must already exist and be writable. An optional label can be specified to name the volume. The name must be between 1-27 characters and cannot contain a colon (:). By default, the volume will be named Untitled. If the destination medium is partitioned, one partition must be selected to receive the filesystem. If there is only one HFS partition on the medium, it will be selected by default. Otherwise, the desired partition number must be specified (as the ordinal nth HFS partition) on the command-line. The size of the partition determines the size of the resulting volume. Partition number 0 can be specified to format the entire medium as a single filesystem without a partition map, erasing any existing parti- tion information. Since this will destroy all the partitions, the -f option must be specified to force this operation if the medium cur- rently contains a partition map. If the medium is not partitioned (or if partition 0 is specified), the size or capacity of the medium determines the size of the resulting volume. The new volume will be empty and will become "current" so subsequent commands will refer to it. The current working directory for the vol- ume is set to the root of the volume. EXAMPLES
% hformat /dev/fd0 If a floppy disk is available as /dev/fd0, this formats the disk as an HFS volume named Untitled. (N.B. The floppy must already have received a low-level format by other means.) % dd if=/dev/zero of=disk.hfs bs=1k count=800 % hformat -l "Test Disk" disk.hfs This sequence creates an 800K HFS volume image in the file disk.hfs in the current directory, and names it Test Disk. % hformat -l "Loma Prieta" /dev/sd2 1 If a SCSI disk is available as /dev/sd2, this initializes the first HFS partition on the disk (which must already exist) with a new filesystem, naming the resulting volume Loma Prieta. % hformat -f /dev/sd2 0 This causes the medium accessible as /dev/sd2 to be reformatted as a single HFS volume, ignoring and erasing any existing partition information on the medium. The -f option must be specified if the medium is currently partitioned; otherwise the command will fail. NOTES
This command does not create or alter partition maps, although it can erase them (as described above). Any partition number specified on the command line must already exist. The smallest volume size which can be formatted with hformat is 800K. SEE ALSO
hfsutils(1), hmount(1) FILES
$HOME/.hcwd AUTHOR
Robert Leslie <rob@mars.org> HFSUTILS
08-Nov-1997 HFORMAT(1)