Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Perl Split Command usage
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl Split Command usage Post 302100138 by maheshsri on Sunday 17th of December 2006 04:37:59 AM
Old 12-17-2006
Perl Split Command usage

Hi,

I am trying to use the split commad to seperate string reading from file. but it dosent give me a correct result. can some body tell me what is the wrong in following scritp.

Code:
#!/usr/bin/perl -w                                         
#use CGI qw(:standard);                                    
#use CGI::Carp qw(warningsToBrowser fatalsToBrowser);      
use strict;                                                

open(FH,"bh_file.txt");                                    

while (my $line = <FH>) {                                  
my @hash_array = split(/|/, $line);                        
print $hash_array[1] ;                                     
}         

close(FH);

Input file format as follows,

Code:
Banikoara_A1|0|2006-12-14 19:00|duration: 120 minute(s)| 0.24 0.13
Banikoara_B1|1|2006-12-14 19:00|duration: 120 minute(s)| 0.08 0.08

my expected output should be,

Banikoara_A1
Banikoara_B1

(print the 1st column)

current out put as follows,

aa

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Split Command in Perl

Hi, I have to split a line of the form 1232423#asdf#124324#54534#dcfg#wert#rrftt#4567 into an array in perl. I am using @fields; @fields=split('#',$line); if($fields eq "1") But this is not working. By using the syntax, the statements in "if" are never executed. Please help.... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rochitsharma
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use split function in perl

Hello, if i have file like this: 010000890306932455804 05306977653873 0520080417010520ISMS SMT ZZZZZZZZZZZZZOC30693599000 30971360000 ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ202011302942311 010000890306946317387 05306977313623 0520080417010520ISMS SMT ZZZZZZZZZZZZZOC306942190000 30971360000... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chriss_58
5 Replies

3. HP-UX

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and logical volume usage

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and I want to know CPU usage above X% and contiue Y times and memory usage above X % and contiue Y times my final destination is monitor process logical volume usage above X % and number of Logical voluage above can I not to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alert0919
3 Replies

4. AIX

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage,memory usage,CPU usage,network..?

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage, memory usage, CPU usage, network usage, storage usage? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command to display the space usage (memory usage) of a specific directory.

Hi all, Can you please tell me the command, with which one can know the amount of space a specific directory has used. df -k . ---> Displays, the amount of space allocated, and used for a directory. du -k <dir name> - gives me the memory used of all the files inside <dir> But i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhisheksunkari
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

usage of AWK command under perl script

i have two files as shown below t1.txt: argument1 argu2 argu37 t2.txt: 22 33 44 i want o/p as argument1 22 argu2 33 argu37 44 i am trying to merge two file under perl script using following system("paste t1.txt t2.txt | awk... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: roopa
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

using awk in perl with split command

Hi, I have an array with following data. First field shows the owner and second is unique name. Now i have to pic the latest value with respect to the date in case of duplicate. like "def" is from two owners "rahul/vineet", now i want the latest from the two and the owner name also for all the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: vineet.dhingra
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Usage of $$ and @_ in perl

Hi I have some doubts with below perl script sub program . In the below code what are below lines do ? 1. ($user, $server, $os, $version, $ref_path, $ref_line, $ref_ftp) = @_; 2. if ( -e "/usr/kerberos/bin/krsh" ) 3. $$ref_path = "/usr/kerberos/bin" unless ($$ref_path);why we are... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ptappeta
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Usage of shell variable in perl command

Hi, I have a shell script, In which i have variable "var1" and some perl command inside shell script. export var1='coep -n rst-a2p-hinje.vci.all.com -c' perl -pi -e 's/^/coep -n rst-a2p-hinje.vci.all.com -c /' command.txt currently I am adding value of var1 in command.txt file by... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakeshtomar82
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl qr function usage

I'm not sure why I'm having so much trouble with this. I think I'm really not understanding how this works. I'm trying to store a regex in a variable for use later in a script. Can someone tell me why this doesn't match??? #!/usr/bin/perl # # # $ticket=1212; my $rx_ticket =... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: timj123
1 Replies
split(3tcl)						       Tcl Built-In Commands						       split(3tcl)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
split - Split a string into a proper Tcl list SYNOPSIS
split string ?splitChars? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Returns a list created by splitting string at each character that is in the splitChars argument. Each element of the result list will con- sist of the characters from string that lie between instances of the characters in splitChars. Empty list elements will be generated if string contains adjacent characters in splitChars, or if the first or last character of string is in splitChars. If splitChars is an empty string then each character of string becomes a separate element of the result list. SplitChars defaults to the standard white-space char- acters. EXAMPLES
Divide up a USENET group name into its hierarchical components: split "comp.lang.tcl.announce" . -> comp lang tcl announce See how the split command splits on every character in splitChars, which can result in information loss if you are not careful: split "alpha beta gamma" "temp" -> al {ha b} {} {a ga} {} a Extract the list words from a string that is not a well-formed list: split "Example with {unbalanced brace character" -> Example with {unbalanced brace character Split a string into its constituent characters split "Hello world" {} -> H e l l o { } w o r l d PARSING RECORD-ORIENTED FILES Parse a Unix /etc/passwd file, which consists of one entry per line, with each line consisting of a colon-separated list of fields: ## Read the file set fid [open /etc/passwd] set content [read $fid] close $fid ## Split into records on newlines set records [split $content " "] ## Iterate over the records foreach rec $records { ## Split into fields on colons set fields [split $rec ":"] ## Assign fields to variables and print some out... lassign $fields userName password uid grp longName homeDir shell puts "$longName uses [file tail $shell] for a login shell" } SEE ALSO
join(3tcl), list(3tcl), string(3tcl) KEYWORDS
list, split, string Tcl split(3tcl)