Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: A little unsure of something
Operating Systems Linux A little unsure of something Post 302100123 by Corona688 on Saturday 16th of December 2006 08:33:51 PM
Old 12-16-2006
These might need to be installed. They don't seem to be standard on my particular linux system...

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unsure if this is a unix datestamp??? can you guys tell?

hi everyone im new here and im hoping you could help me out here. Yesterday i removed a time stamp from a program that i am using.This timestamp should contain a date of 04/04/2008 with a time sometime in that day. the stamp in hex is 7C FE 2B 04 DA 4E E3 40 ive looked everywhere and im... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: uselessprog
1 Replies

2. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Unsure what caused an infraction on my account.

Hey everyone. I wasn't sure what it meant when my profile said it had 1 infraction against it, so I thought I'd check it out. Unfortunately, I can't find the post in question. The date from the post in question is 07-09-2008 at 04:24 AM, but from what I can tell is marked as 'private'. I'd... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: glen.barber
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unsure of sed notation (nu\\t.\*)

This piece of code is in a shell script I'm trying to modify to run on my system. sed s:nu\\t.\*:"nu=0" It's clearly a substitute script which replaces nu\\t.\* with nu = 0. What exactly does nu\\t.\* demarcate though-- I thought it was just the previous nu = xxxxx (which existed and is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: czar21
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Unsure why access time on a directory change isn't changing

Hello... And thanks in advance for any help anyone can offer me I was trying to work out the differences between displaying modify, access, and change times with the 'ls' command. Everything seems in order when I look at files, but the access time on a directory doesn't seem to change when I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bodisha
4 Replies
LPBANNER(1)							  lpbanner filter						       LPBANNER(1)

NAME
lpbanner, pclbanner, psbanner - printer banners in text, PCL and PostScript SYNOPSIS
lpbanner [ -l length ] [ -w width ] [ -P printer ] [ -L bannername ] [ -n loginname ] [ -h host ] [ -J jobtitle ] [ -C class ] [ -? option args ] [ all ] DESCRIPTION
The lpbanner program is used to print a simple banner on a fixed size font printer, the pclbanner program generates a PCL banner and the psbanner program generates a PostScript banner. All information to be printed is passed using command line arguments. In order to be com- patible with vintage line printer spoolers, reads a line form standard input, but ignores the information. OPTIONS
-w width Page width in characters (default 132). -l length Page length in lines (default 60). -P printer printer queue for banner information. -L bannername Name used on banner as main name. -n loginname Name used on banner as login name. -h host Name used on banner as host name. -J jobtitle String used on banner as main title. -C class String used on banner as class. -? value All other options and arguments provided by LPRng are ignored. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: zero (0) Successful completion. non-zero (!=0) An error occurred. SEE ALSO
lpd.conf(5), lpc(8), lpd(8), checkpc(8), lpr(1), lpq(1), lprm(1), printcap(5), lpd.conf(5), pr(1), lprng_certs(1), lprng_index_certs(1). AUTHOR
Patrick Powell <papowell@lprng.com>. HISTORY
LPRng is a enhanced printer spooler system with functionality similar to the Berkeley LPR software. The LPRng developer mailing list is lprng-devel@lists.sourceforge.net; subscribe by visiting https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/lprng-devel or sending mail to lprng- request@lists.sourceforge.net with the word subscribe in the body. The software is available via http://lprng.sourceforge.net LPRng 2006-12-09 LPBANNER(1)