Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: A little unsure of something
Operating Systems Linux A little unsure of something Post 302100123 by Corona688 on Saturday 16th of December 2006 08:33:51 PM
Old 12-16-2006
These might need to be installed. They don't seem to be standard on my particular linux system...

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unsure if this is a unix datestamp??? can you guys tell?

hi everyone im new here and im hoping you could help me out here. Yesterday i removed a time stamp from a program that i am using.This timestamp should contain a date of 04/04/2008 with a time sometime in that day. the stamp in hex is 7C FE 2B 04 DA 4E E3 40 ive looked everywhere and im... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: uselessprog
1 Replies

2. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Unsure what caused an infraction on my account.

Hey everyone. I wasn't sure what it meant when my profile said it had 1 infraction against it, so I thought I'd check it out. Unfortunately, I can't find the post in question. The date from the post in question is 07-09-2008 at 04:24 AM, but from what I can tell is marked as 'private'. I'd... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: glen.barber
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unsure of sed notation (nu\\t.\*)

This piece of code is in a shell script I'm trying to modify to run on my system. sed s:nu\\t.\*:"nu=0" It's clearly a substitute script which replaces nu\\t.\* with nu = 0. What exactly does nu\\t.\* demarcate though-- I thought it was just the previous nu = xxxxx (which existed and is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: czar21
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Unsure why access time on a directory change isn't changing

Hello... And thanks in advance for any help anyone can offer me I was trying to work out the differences between displaying modify, access, and change times with the 'ls' command. Everything seems in order when I look at files, but the access time on a directory doesn't seem to change when I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bodisha
4 Replies
MOUNTPOINT(1)							   User Commands						     MOUNTPOINT(1)

NAME
mountpoint - see if a directory is a mountpoint SYNOPSIS
mountpoint [-q] [-d] directory mountpoint -x device DESCRIPTION
mountpoint checks if the directory is mentioned in the /proc/self/mountinfo file. OPTIONS
-h, --help Print help and exit. -q, --quiet Be quiet - don't print anything. -d, --fs-devno Print major/minor device number of the filesystem on stdout. -x, --devno Print major/minor device number of the blockdevice on stdout. EXIT STATUS
Zero if the directory is a mountpoint, non-zero if not. AUTHOR
Karel Zak <kzak@redhat.com> ENVIRONMENT
LIBMOUNT_DEBUG=0xffff enables debug output. NOTES
The util-linux mountpoint implementation was written from scratch for libmount. The original version for sysvinit suite was written by Miquel van Smoorenburg. SEE ALSO
mount(8) AVAILABILITY
The mountpoint command is part of the util-linux package and is available from ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. util-linux June 2011 MOUNTPOINT(1)