Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX way to copy only changed files Post 302100045 by kapilraj on Friday 15th of December 2006 02:41:06 PM
Old 12-15-2006
cd /sourcedir;
find . -xdev -depth -print | cpio -pdm /destin_dir

# After some days ,

cd /sourcedir;
find . -xdev -depth -print | cpio -pdm /destin_dir

The second copy will copy only those files which were changed / created from the earlier copy made.

Regards,

Kaps

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to compare two flat files and get changed data

Hi, I need to compare two flat files (yesterday & today's data) and get only the changed data from flat files. In flat file i dont have data column or anything its just a string data in flat file.Can any one please let me know the script With Regds Shashi (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jtshashidhar
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trying to Copy Files Changed Recently

I have been toying around with a script that will copy all files altered in a development directory over to a testing directory and have been trying to construct the command to meet my needs. Basically I am using find in a directory to see what files have changed over the past 24 hours. Then if... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: scotbuff
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

compare files in two directories and output changed files to third directory

I have searched about 30 threads, a load of Google pages and cannot find what I am looking for. I have some of the parts but not the whole. I cannot seem to get the puzzle fit together. I have three folders, two of which contain different versions of multiple files, dist/file1.php dist/file2.php... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bkeep
4 Replies

4. AIX

script to ftp recent changed files

I am trying to write a script to ftp all files/directories changed in a 24hour period to another AIX server. I have wrote a script to generate a list of all files changed within a 24 hour period but dont know how to then ftp these to another server. How do incorporate ftp into this script? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RApds
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find recently changed files

Hi, Can you guys tell me how do i find the most recently changed files, say an hour before, few hours before, a day before etc.... Thanks!!!! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghu_shekar
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to get list of files changed by sed while replacing

Hi We have a shell script to find a string in a large set of files and replace it using the sed command.in the same time we also want to store the list of files it checked. *** The existing script is as below #!/bin/bash #1 _r1="inst_group=ems7770" _r2="inst_group=dba" # Escape path... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sabkan
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find only files that changed Yesterday

Hi , I know that find / -type f -mtime -1 will show all modified files that changed 24hrs preceeding the time i run the command. This will include list of files that changed today. How do i find only files that changed yesterday staring from 00:00hrs to 23:59? Thanks HG (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hari_Ganesh
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy and modify a file if the original has changed

Hi there, I have built up my own little "cloud" for my family as the amount of computers grows all day. By now we use 3 smartphones, 2 notebooks und 4 PCs, so this "home cloud" was made to store all personal data (photos, documents,...) and do a backup once in a while. It is running on a Ubuntu... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SebSnake
1 Replies

9. Web Development

When VPS IP is changed which web files to edit?

Hello, please when an VPS IP is changed which files on VPS i need to edit? I mean basic apache, named files, which needs to be edited? so far i listen its /var/named and domain zone file which contains old ip.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: postcd
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare files to pull changed records only

Hi, I am using Sun Solaris - SunOS. I have two fixed width files shown below. I am trying to find the changes in the records in the Newfile.txt for the records where the key column matches. The first column is a key column (example: A123). If there are any new or deletion of records in the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Saanvi1
4 Replies
FIND2PERL(1)						 Perl Programmers Reference Guide					      FIND2PERL(1)

NAME
find2perl - translate find command lines to Perl code SYNOPSIS
find2perl [paths] [predicates] | perl DESCRIPTION
find2perl is a little translator to convert find command lines to equivalent Perl code. The resulting code is typically faster than running find itself. "paths" are a set of paths where find2perl will start its searches and "predicates" are taken from the following list. "! PREDICATE" Negate the sense of the following predicate. The "!" must be passed as a distinct argument, so it may need to be surrounded by whitespace and/or quoted from interpretation by the shell using a backslash (just as with using find(1)). "( PREDICATES )" Group the given PREDICATES. The parentheses must be passed as distinct arguments, so they may need to be surrounded by whitespace and/or quoted from interpretation by the shell using a backslash (just as with using find(1)). "PREDICATE1 PREDICATE2" True if _both_ PREDICATE1 and PREDICATE2 are true; PREDICATE2 is not evaluated if PREDICATE1 is false. "PREDICATE1 -o PREDICATE2" True if either one of PREDICATE1 or PREDICATE2 is true; PREDICATE2 is not evaluated if PREDICATE1 is true. "-follow" Follow (dereference) symlinks. The checking of file attributes depends on the position of the "-follow" option. If it precedes the file check option, an "stat" is done which means the file check applies to the file the symbolic link is pointing to. If "-follow" option follows the file check option, this now applies to the symbolic link itself, i.e. an "lstat" is done. "-depth" Change directory traversal algorithm from breadth-first to depth-first. "-prune" Do not descend into the directory currently matched. "-xdev" Do not traverse mount points (prunes search at mount-point directories). "-name GLOB" File name matches specified GLOB wildcard pattern. GLOB may need to be quoted to avoid interpretation by the shell (just as with using find(1)). "-iname GLOB" Like "-name", but the match is case insensitive. "-path GLOB" Path name matches specified GLOB wildcard pattern. "-ipath GLOB" Like "-path", but the match is case insensitive. "-perm PERM" Low-order 9 bits of permission match octal value PERM. "-perm -PERM" The bits specified in PERM are all set in file's permissions. "-type X" The file's type matches perl's "-X" operator. "-fstype TYPE" Filesystem of current path is of type TYPE (only NFS/non-NFS distinction is implemented). "-user USER" True if USER is owner of file. "-group GROUP" True if file's group is GROUP. "-nouser" True if file's owner is not in password database. "-nogroup" True if file's group is not in group database. "-inum INUM" True file's inode number is INUM. "-links N" True if (hard) link count of file matches N (see below). "-size N" True if file's size matches N (see below) N is normally counted in 512-byte blocks, but a suffix of "c" specifies that size should be counted in characters (bytes) and a suffix of "k" specifies that size should be counted in 1024-byte blocks. "-atime N" True if last-access time of file matches N (measured in days) (see below). "-ctime N" True if last-changed time of file's inode matches N (measured in days, see below). "-mtime N" True if last-modified time of file matches N (measured in days, see below). "-newer FILE" True if last-modified time of file matches N. "-print" Print out path of file (always true). If none of "-exec", "-ls", "-print0", or "-ok" is specified, then "-print" will be added implicitly. "-print0" Like -print, but terminates with instead of . "-exec OPTIONS ;" exec() the arguments in OPTIONS in a subprocess; any occurrence of {} in OPTIONS will first be substituted with the path of the current file. Note that the command "rm" has been special-cased to use perl's unlink() function instead (as an optimization). The ";" must be passed as a distinct argument, so it may need to be surrounded by whitespace and/or quoted from interpretation by the shell using a backslash (just as with using find(1)). "-ok OPTIONS ;" Like -exec, but first prompts user; if user's response does not begin with a y, skip the exec. The ";" must be passed as a distinct argument, so it may need to be surrounded by whitespace and/or quoted from interpretation by the shell using a backslash (just as with using find(1)). "-eval EXPR" Has the perl script eval() the EXPR. "-ls" Simulates "-exec ls -dils {} ;" "-tar FILE" Adds current output to tar-format FILE. "-cpio FILE" Adds current output to old-style cpio-format FILE. "-ncpio FILE" Adds current output to "new"-style cpio-format FILE. Predicates which take a numeric argument N can come in three forms: * N is prefixed with a +: match values greater than N * N is prefixed with a -: match values less than N * N is not prefixed with either + or -: match only values equal to N SEE ALSO
find, File::Find. perl v5.18.2 2018-08-17 FIND2PERL(1)