Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: View TIFF images from UNIX
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers View TIFF images from UNIX Post 302100014 by cbkihong on Friday 15th of December 2006 11:00:44 AM
Old 12-15-2006
Please. No multiple threads on exactly the same topic. Thanks.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix code - how to view? What is it?

I'm getting curious about making some of my own commands. I know this is realtively easy with script files and combining various unix standard commands. Is there a way to view the code that is used for these standard commands..i.e. how do I see what code is used for the 'join' command. I'm... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: peter.herlihy
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to view users in unix

Hi, Im newbie here and in unix as well. How can i view users in unix? Im viewed them in shadow file (i typed: vi /etc/shadow) but some unix (im confused if its unix or linux or bsd, but i think it has a little thing in common or differnce) has no shadow file?! What must i do to view the users... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jerome
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to convert Unix executable file to Tiff

Hi, I know nothing about Unix. Recently received image files from a client. Mac sees it as a Unix executable file. How do I convert these files to Tiff? Thanks for helping. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Pet Teoh
1 Replies

4. Programming

how to view symbol table in unix

hi , How to view the contents of a "c" program symbol table information in unix. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saravanan_nitt
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to view .tar file in unix

Guys, Could anyone let me know, how we can see the contents of .tar file without extracting it. I know the extracting and combine options Regards (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdosanjh
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to view unix file ?

Hi to all, 1- I'm trying to open a certain file in unix with the tool KEA! 2- i get to the correct folder with the CD command 3- Once in the correct directory i try the following unix command: vi NameOfFile.Z 4- Yes those files finish with a .Z 5 - I get something in the KEA!... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sanchoniathon
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Script to find/sort/move images/duplicate images from USB drive

Ultimately, I'm looking to create a script that allows me to plug in a usb drive with lots of jpegs on it & copy them over to a folder on my hard drive. So in the process of copying I am looking to hash check them, record dupes to a file, copy only 1 of the identical files (if it doesn't exsist... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JonaQuinn
1 Replies
rgb2ycbcr(1)							   User Commands						      rgb2ycbcr(1)

NAME
rgb2ycbcr - convert non-YCbCr TIFF images to YCbCr TIFF images SYNOPSIS
rgb2ycbcr [options] src1.tif [src2.tif...] dest.tif DESCRIPTION
rgb2ycbcr converts RGB color, grayscale, or bi-level TIFF images to YCbCr images by transforming and sampling pixel data. If multiple files are specified on the command line, each source file is converted to a separate directory in the destination file. By default, chrominance samples are created by sampling 2 by 2 blocks of luminance values, and output data files are compressed with the LZW compression scheme, with each strip no more than 8 kilobytes. These characteristics can be overridden or explicitly specified with the options described below. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -c Specify a compression scheme to use when writing image data: -c jpeg Baseline JPEG compression algorithm. -c lzw Lempel-Ziv and Welch algorithm. This is the default algorithm. -c none No compression. -c packbits PackBits compression algorithm. -h Set the horizontal sampling dimension to one of the following: 1, 2, or 4. The default value is 2. -r Write data with a specified number of rows per strip. By default, the number of rows per strip is selected so that each strip is approximately 8 kilobytes. -v Set the vertical sampling dimension to one of the following: 1, 2, or 4. The default value is 2. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: src.tif The name of the input file that contains non-YCbCr TIFF data. dest.tif The name of the output file that contains YCbCr TIFF data. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWTiff | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |External | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
tiffinfo(1), tiffcp(1), libtiff(3) NOTES
Updated by Breda McColgan, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2004. SunOS 5.10 26 Mar 2004 rgb2ycbcr(1)