Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: View TIFF images from UNIX
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers View TIFF images from UNIX Post 302100011 by erpankajgupta on Friday 15th of December 2006 10:47:05 AM
Old 12-15-2006
Question View TIFF images from UNIX

I am new to unix. I want to know if there is any tool or plugin available for AIX unix system through which a user can see the TIFF images. Below are the details:

Our application runs on AIX Unix box. The users log in to the application through telnet clients running on Windows 2000/XP systems. Our application receives TIFF images from an interface application. Users of our application wants to view the TIFF images. As our application is running on UNIX, I am not sure if we can fulfill the requirements.

Is there anyway to view the images which we receive in UNIX system?

Please reply.
Thanks and regards,
Pankaj

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix code - how to view? What is it?

I'm getting curious about making some of my own commands. I know this is realtively easy with script files and combining various unix standard commands. Is there a way to view the code that is used for these standard commands..i.e. how do I see what code is used for the 'join' command. I'm... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: peter.herlihy
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to view users in unix

Hi, Im newbie here and in unix as well. How can i view users in unix? Im viewed them in shadow file (i typed: vi /etc/shadow) but some unix (im confused if its unix or linux or bsd, but i think it has a little thing in common or differnce) has no shadow file?! What must i do to view the users... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jerome
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to convert Unix executable file to Tiff

Hi, I know nothing about Unix. Recently received image files from a client. Mac sees it as a Unix executable file. How do I convert these files to Tiff? Thanks for helping. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Pet Teoh
1 Replies

4. Programming

how to view symbol table in unix

hi , How to view the contents of a "c" program symbol table information in unix. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saravanan_nitt
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to view .tar file in unix

Guys, Could anyone let me know, how we can see the contents of .tar file without extracting it. I know the extracting and combine options Regards (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdosanjh
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to view unix file ?

Hi to all, 1- I'm trying to open a certain file in unix with the tool KEA! 2- i get to the correct folder with the CD command 3- Once in the correct directory i try the following unix command: vi NameOfFile.Z 4- Yes those files finish with a .Z 5 - I get something in the KEA!... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sanchoniathon
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Script to find/sort/move images/duplicate images from USB drive

Ultimately, I'm looking to create a script that allows me to plug in a usb drive with lots of jpegs on it & copy them over to a folder on my hard drive. So in the process of copying I am looking to hash check them, record dupes to a file, copy only 1 of the identical files (if it doesn't exsist... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JonaQuinn
1 Replies
TIFFUTIL(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 					       TIFFUTIL(1)

NAME
tiffutil - manipulates tiff files SYNOPSIS
tiffutil <option> [<arguments>] [-out <outfile>] DESCRIPTION
tiffutil lets you manipulate TIFF files. The list of options (also available by running the program without any options) follows: tiffutil -none infile [-out outfile] -lzw infile [-out outfile] -packbits infile [-out outfile] -cat infile1 [infile2 ...] [-out outfile] -catnosizecheck infile1 [infile2 ...] [-out outfile] -cathidpicheck infile1 [infile2 ...] [-out outfile] -extract num infile [-out outfile] -info infile -verboseinfo infile -dump infile -none, -lzw, and -packbits options specify the compression format to be applied to the images in the TIFF file. -none specifies no compres- sion; -packbits specifies PackBits compression; -lzw specifies standard Lempel-Ziv & Welch compression (no prediction scheme). -cat allows combining multiple TIFF files into one. The images are copied without any change in tag values. If the real sizes (pixel size divided by dpi) of the images being combined are not the same, a warning will be generated. This makes sure that NSImage can successfully choose the right size image out of the generated TIFF file. Use -catnosizecheck to bypass the size check. -cathidpicheck can be used to write an output file conforming to Apple's guidelines for resolution independent bitmap images, and will gener- ate warnings if the supplied images do not have the recommended size relationship. For best results, ensure that the larger file has a file- name of the form <basename>@2x.png. -extract allows extracting an individual image from a TIFF file; specify num = 0 for the first image in the file. -info prints information about TIFF images. -verboseinfo is the same, except most of the tables are displayed in full. -dump simply lists all of the tags in the file without trying to interpret them; it is handy when trying to figure out why a TIFF file won't load or display prop- erly. For options which write images out, the output goes to "out.tiff" unless an output file name is specified after a -out keyword. This keyword and the file must be the last items on the command line. -info, -verboseinfo, and -dump write their output to the standard output. If there are multiple images in a TIFF file the specified operation will be performed on all of them. SECURITY NOTE: This version of tiffutil SHOULD NOT be used with untrusted files. CREDITS
Parts of tiffutil were based on the freely distributable "tiffcp" and "tiffinfo" programs written by Sam Leffler and made available with v3.0 of his excellent TIFF library. The TIFF library and the tiffcp and tiffinfo programs are: Copyright (c) 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992 Sam Leffler Copyright (c) 1991, 1992 Silicon Graphics, Inc. macOS September 2, 2010 macOS