Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: POSIX threads
Top Forums Programming POSIX threads Post 302099992 by !_30 on Friday 15th of December 2006 08:39:19 AM
Old 12-15-2006
POSIX threads

Hello !

Let's supose I have a main function in C , and two POSIX threads. I give you an example down :

Code:
int main() {
int something;
char else[];
void *FirstThread();
void *SecondThread();
<start those two pthreads ..>
return 0;}
void *FirstThread() { ... }
void *SecondThread() { ... }

First and Second thread will use something and else , int and char . Do thow two pthreads share the same space of memory ? I mean , First thread will modify the same something ( place of memory ) like Second Thread ?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. BSD

Posix queues

Hi! Everybody%) I got a question like this: Does my FreeBSD5.1 support Posix queues. Thanks! (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamazi
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to read POSIX?

how to read POSIX? poe six or not? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: robin.zhu
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Threads and Threads Count ?

Hi all, How can I get the list of all Threads and the Total count of threads under a particular process ? Do suggest !! Awaiting for the replies !! Thanks Varun:b: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: varungupta
2 Replies

4. Programming

Posix

HI, When i am configuring php in SUN Solaris. I am getting the below error. configure: error: Your system seems to lack POSIX threads. Do i need to install POSIX? If so can somebody let me know where can i download POSIX for Solaris 8? Thanks, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Krrishv
2 Replies

5. Programming

POSIX threads and data safety

I created multiple POSIX threads (on readhat Linux) in a C program in my app. What I am doing is - I am creating threads equal to the number of CPUs in the system and and equal number of instances of a certain data structure, basically a queue implementation. I am assigning one ID to the thread... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: radiatejava
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Posix threads

Hi, consider the code below: #include <stdio.h> . . struct myStruct { char *message ; int id; }; . . . void *thread_function( void *ptr ); nt main() { pthread_t thread1, thread2 ,thread3 ; struct myStruct nico1; (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Behnaz
2 Replies

7. Programming

need help with posix threads

Hi, I am new to posix threads. The no of threads to be created depends on the runtime. If I get the number of threads, I need to forward declare pthread_t mythread; how to do that can I use pointers and use malloc()?? I also have another question. The pthread_join is used to make... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: brett01
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Linkage of POSIX threads function calls

I wonder if someone knows what is the rationale behind linking function calls of the POSIX threads library at link-time vs. run-time. For example, if I create the following program: #include <pthread.h> void noop() { return; } int main() { pthread_self(); pthread_atfork(noop,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jsimsa
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Change value for POSIX

Hi, I have a VM with following configration . 3.10.0-693.1.1.el7.x86_64 #1 SMP Thu Aug 3 08:15:31 EDT 2017 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux My current POSIX is :-- Your environment variables take up 2011 bytes POSIX upper limit on argument length (this system): 2093093 POSIX smallest... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: Abhayman
15 Replies
detect_spheres_matched_filter(1)		       The Computational Morphometry Toolkit			  detect_spheres_matched_filter(1)

NAME
detect_spheres_matched_filter - Detect spheres SYNOPSIS
detect_spheres_matched_filter InputImage OutputImage DESCRIPTION
This tool detects spherical objects in three-dimensional images. OPTIONS
Global Toolkit Options (these are shared by all CMTK tools) --help Write list of basic command line options to standard output. --help-all Write complete list of basic and advanced command line options to standard output. --wiki Write list of command line options to standard output in MediaWiki markup. --man Write man page source in 'nroff' markup to standard output. --version Write toolkit version to standard output. --echo Write the current command line to standard output. --verbose-level <integer> Set verbosity level. --verbose, -v Increment verbosity level by 1 (deprecated; supported for backward compatibility). --threads <integer> Set maximum number of parallel threads (for POSIX threads and OpenMP). Main Options --radius <double>, -r <double> Radius of spheres to detect in physical length units (typically mm). [Default: 1] --filter-margin <integer> Half of filter margin width in pixels. This determines the extent of the region around the surface or the sphere where the detection filter is non-zero. [Default: 2] --normalized Use intensity-normalized filter, effectively computing Normalized Cross Correlation between filter and image. AUTHORS
Torsten Rohlfing, with contributions from Michael P. Hasak, Greg Jefferis, Calvin R. Maurer, and Daniel B. Russakoff LICENSE
http://www.fsf.org/licensing/licenses/gpl.html BUGS
Report bugs at http://nitrc.org/projects/cmtk/ ACKNOWLEDGMENTS
From April 2009 through September 2011, CMTK Development and Maintenance was supported by the National Institute of Biomedical Imaging and Bioengineering under Grant No.R01 EB008381 (PI: Torsten Rohlfing). CMTK 2.2.2 Jul 20 2012 detect_spheres_matched_filter(1)