Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting oracle connection from shell script Post 302099991 by DILEEP410 on Friday 15th of December 2006 08:33:55 AM
Old 12-15-2006
oracle connection from shell script

Hi,

For connecting to oracle my script is using the command
sqlplus username/password@db_instance_name.For this to work i am setting ORACLE_HOME,TNS_ADMIN and ORACLE_SID in a seperate script.My question is,could we make a connection to oracle just by the command
sqlplus username/password ie,without appending the instance name?.If yes,what all are the configurations i have to make before doing this?Your help is appreciated.

With Regards
Dileep

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script- oracle connection problem

Hi all, I am having problem with a shell script. I have a couple of csv files. The shell script will do some operation on them, create a sql file which will then be called by sqlplus. The problem is to gracefully exit sqlplus at the end of every operation as I do not want to hang on to the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nattynatty
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connection to database through shell script

Hi when i am calling the shell script with two parameter like id and date it works fine.But the same shell script is call by java application it gives the error as shown below Thu Jan 8 04:13:22 EST 2009|The Get Segment Process Failed: SP2-0306: Invalid option. Usage: CONN where <logon>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ravi214u
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sybase connection through shell-script

:mad: how do i connect to sybase through shell script written in linux (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amitabh
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP connection using shell script

Hi , I am able to manually connect to remote system usning "sftp" protocol. But when I using the below command in the script but I am not able to connect. `sftp TEST01@120.34.3.4` And the connection should not be closed after login. Please help to solve this. Thanks Satya (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Satyak
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Verifying oracle connection from shell script

Hi, Oracle 9.2 Solaris 10 From the shell script ........How can we verify whether oracle connection is successful or not ? Shell script will prompt the user to enter the oracle schema username, password and tns name. So, *how to verify whether oracle connection has been established or... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: milink
14 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How the user will provide the parameters for Oracle db connection in a shell script?

I'm new into unix. My question: is possible to write a shell script which will ask for the ORACLE_HOME, ORACLE_SID, USERNAME, PASSWORD to connect to Oracle db. In generally we have to set the ORACLE_HOME in .profile file. And after putting the 'sqlplus' command it asks for the username &... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: priya001
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to setup Oracle connection inside shell script?

Hi, We have Oracle Connection parameters set up in file name "TESTDB" at location /abc/etc.When I try to run my shell script it does not connect to Oracle database. Please let me know how "TESTDB" file can be called inside script. ####################### Setting the directories... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandy162
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to fix connection to Oracle database through shell script?

I have a question regarding how to connect to Oracle Database through shell script. 1. If I want call a stored procedure on Linux server as this, it works. $sqlplus /nolog SQL*Plus: Release 12.1.0.2.0 Production on Fri Jun 12 14:49:49 2015 Copyright (c) 1982, 2014, Oracle. All rights... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: duke0001
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connection with Teradata through shell Script

Hi All, As we are using SQLPLUS command to connect Oracle Database in unix: Like below syntax: sqlplus username/password@dbname << EOI SET HEADING OFF SPOOL MAX_DATE_VAL.txt select max(LAST_UPDT_DATE) from source_defect; SPOOL OFF here the result is stored in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shilpi Gupta
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script verify connection to Oracle if not successful

i have a script that connects to the oracle database and executes the query statements. it works fine and i would like to add some message to check if the connection to oracle is not successful. basically this is the code snippet: #!/bin/sh ... ... ... sqlplus -s username/password@dbName... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wtolentino
2 Replies
SCRIPT(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 SCRIPT(1)

NAME
script -- make typescript of terminal session SYNOPSIS
script [-akq] [-t time] [file [command ...]] DESCRIPTION
The script utility makes a typescript of everything printed on your terminal. It is useful for students who need a hardcopy record of an interactive session as proof of an assignment, as the typescript file can be printed out later with lpr(1). If the argument file is given, script saves all dialogue in file. If no file name is given, the typescript is saved in the file typescript. If the argument command is given, script will run the specified command with an optional argument vector instead of an interactive shell. The following options are available: -a Append the output to file or typescript, retaining the prior contents. -k Log keys sent to program as well as output. -q Run in quiet mode, omit the start and stop status messages. -t time Specify time interval between flushing script output file. A value of 0 causes script to flush for every character I/O event. The default interval is 30 seconds. The script ends when the forked shell (or command) exits (a control-D to exit the Bourne shell (sh(1)), and exit, logout or control-D (if ignoreeof is not set) for the C-shell, csh(1)). Certain interactive commands, such as vi(1), create garbage in the typescript file. The script utility works best with commands that do not manipulate the screen. The results are meant to emulate a hardcopy terminal, not an addressable one. ENVIRONMENT
The following environment variable is utilized by script: SHELL If the variable SHELL exists, the shell forked by script will be that shell. If SHELL is not set, the Bourne shell is assumed. (Most shells set this variable automatically). SEE ALSO
csh(1) (for the history mechanism). HISTORY
The script command appeared in 3.0BSD. BUGS
The script utility places everything in the log file, including linefeeds and backspaces. This is not what the naive user expects. It is not possible to specify a command without also naming the script file because of argument parsing compatibility issues. When running in -k mode, echo cancelling is far from ideal. The slave terminal mode is checked for ECHO mode to check when to avoid manual echo logging. This does not work when in a raw mode where the program being run is doing manual echo. BSD
January 22, 2004 BSD