Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Locked TCP port in Solaris 10 Post 302099971 by blowtorch on Friday 15th of December 2006 03:13:27 AM
Old 12-15-2006
The bg/fg commands can only be used for processes (jobs actually) that have a controlling terminal. The java process in question here probably isn't associated with a terminal.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

tcp problem with port

I am trying to connect via DBACCESS and Informix server to a server on a different computer. When I execute the connect command from dbaccess I get the following message, Exec format error cannot bind a name to the port. As far as I know the port is not being used by another client. How... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lopez
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Redirecting output to TCP port

Hi All, I suspect this is simple but I cannot find any info on it. I have a logfile on a solaris box (EMS) that I want to tail -f but I want the output of this to be redirected to a TCP port. I have a second solaris box (PEM) running patrol enterprise manager that I am using as an alarm... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mscomms
1 Replies

3. SCO

tcp port always closed in inetd

sco unix 5.0.x, several weeks ago, I add a telnet-like service in inetd.conf, it runs well for 100 network terminals. But nowdays, the terminals can connect to server successfully after booting machine, but several hours later, can not connect. "netstat -p tcp -a" can NOT find the port in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shark_gao
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

close tcp port

Hello, I have a service running (ODBC) and every now and then it will hang and I will have to stop and restart the service. The problem is when I stop the service, it indeed stops the service, but netstat reports a tcp port still open with the fin_wait_2 status. Then I must close the client... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raidzero
1 Replies

5. Programming

Port is locked

Hi, I am working with sun solaris sparc 5.9 and I want to use the serial port in my application..when I am trying to use it.it is throwing the message-- So how can I check the serial port is locked or not and how can I unlock the port?? Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: smartgupta
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

TCP port assignment

I have multiple processes running the same program on my linux machine. For each process I want to be able to use a unique (available) TCP port. I have thought of using netstat to check which ports are available for use however, the time-window between checking and selecting might expose some race... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: timmylita
1 Replies

7. Programming

Getting TCP Port status through C API

Does anyone know if there is a C API call to get the status of a TCP port? As opposed to running netstat and parsing the results. At the moment I have to attempt to bind() and pick up on the address in use error which isn't very elegant Thanks ---------- Post updated at 10:42 AM ----------... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: janra
0 Replies

8. IP Networking

TCP port numbers reused

Hello all, I am loosing the diameter connection between two servers and when the connection is trying to comes up again i see the following message in the tracer. and after 1 second the connection resets. As far i know the connection stay in state TIME_WAIT for a while(60 seconds in my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: @dagio
1 Replies

9. IP Networking

Tcp ip port open but no such process (merged: Release A Port)

i want to kill a tcp connection by killing its pid with netstat -an i got the tcp ip connection on port 5914 but when i type ps -a or ps-e there is not such process running on port 5914 is it possible that because i do not log on with proper user account i can not see that process running? (30 Replies)
Discussion started by: alinamadchian
30 Replies

10. Solaris

Too much TCP retransmitted and TCP duplicate on server Oracle Solaris 10

I have problem with oracle solaris 10 running on oracle sparc T4-2 server. Os information: 5.10 Generic_150400-03 sun4v sparc sun4v Output from tcpstat.d script TCP bytes: out outRetrans in inDup inUnorder 6833763 7300 98884 0... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: insatiable1610
2 Replies
TTY(4)							     Linux Programmer's Manual							    TTY(4)

NAME
tty - controlling terminal DESCRIPTION
The file /dev/tty is a character file with major number 5 and minor number 0, usually of mode 0666 and owner.group root.tty. It is a syn- onym for the controlling terminal of a process, if any. In addition to the ioctl(2) requests supported by the device that tty refers to, the ioctl(2) request TIOCNOTTY is supported. TIOCNOTTY Detach the calling process from its controlling terminal. If the process is the session leader, then SIGHUP and SIGCONT signals are sent to the foreground process group and all processes in the current session lose their controlling tty. This ioctl(2) call works only on file descriptors connected to /dev/tty. It is used by daemon processes when they are invoked by a user at a terminal. The process attempts to open /dev/tty. If the open succeeds, it detaches itself from the terminal by using TIOCNOTTY, while if the open fails, it is obviously not attached to a terminal and does not need to detach itself. FILES
/dev/tty SEE ALSO
chown(1), mknod(1), ioctl(2), termios(3), console(4), tty_ioctl(4), ttyS(4), agetty(8), mingetty(8) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 3.53 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, and information about reporting bugs, can be found at http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. Linux 2003-04-07 TTY(4)